What pisses me off

To me the difference is dogs show us compassion and love. It is sickening to me that people would even look at any other animal besides, cow, bull, chicken,fish,pig as food.
Are you suggesting that cows, chickens etc are incapable of compassion and love, or merely that any animal that doesn't offer it to us as humans simply doesn't matter?

Like we really need to rid the world of more animals?

It's a different matter when you're talking about something like tigers or whales which aren't farmed and are killed off in a non-sustainable fashion but for something like rabbit, duck and emu it's not really 'ridding the world' of any more animals than usual, just animals of a different kind.

What do you think about eating crocodile? It's an unorthodox food source but the ones used for commercial meat are sustainably farmed and they're certainly not an animal which shows any measure of compassion or love to humans.

Are you suggesting that cows, chickens etc are incapable of compassion and love, or merely that any animal that doesn't offer it to us as humans simply doesn't matter?

No, it is just the because the dogs do show us compassion that it make me feel sick that some one would use them as a source of food.

It's a different matter when you're talking about something like tigers or whales which aren't farmed and are killed off in a non-sustainable fashion but for something like rabbit, duck and emu it's not really 'ridding the world' of any more animals than usual, just animals of a different kind.

What do you think about eating crocodile? It's an unorthodox food source but the ones used for commercial meat are sustainably farmed and they're certainly not an animal which shows any measure of compassion or love to humans.

If it were up to me no animals would be killed for food, but the world don't work that way.

I got a question.

If god didnt want us to eat meat, why did he make it so tasty?

If you believe in god, no body says you can't eat meat. Except on Fridays. If he didn't want us to eat meat he would make it tasty as temptation. To see who are the true believers are, yadi yada. That is only if you believe in god, which I don't think any of us do.

Half(or 99%) of the people on here probably don't believe in God so its an invalid question.
:lol:
OK, well why do animals make themselves so tasty? :p
Please please please don't let this turn into a do you believe in god debate.
Damn right, there's nothing to debate. The evidence of Ferretology was there for all non-believers to see with their own eyes on Saturday so you can all stop squabbling over silly heathen religions.

I believe in God, just so that I can spite Ravendark :lol: Nah, thats not the reason, but i do believe theres some creator out there. Sure, i dont have evidence, but there are probably ways of thinking and understanding that we're not aware of. It would be naive to rule out a God altogether, but i can see, through the lack of evidence, why some of you don't believe in the concept of a God. :worship:

If god didn't want us to eat meat, why did he make it so tasty?

Nowhere does it say god doesn't want us to eat meat.

Rules are made by man to control us from:

chaos - murdering people, stealing, etc.

bad meat in certain areas - pork from the middle east 2000 years ago, Hey Jews - it's ok to eat pork these days - get with the times!

bad diets - throw in a serving of fish once a week,

etc.

Put the fear of god into simple people and they will be inclined to follow the rules.

s