What recording software?

I just tried Samplitude 10 and WAW, this thing rocks Cubase in a million ways! It has all the cool futures such as time stretching and audio quantize and the sound is better imo. I don't like the way the faders in the mixer react but i could live with it :)

DFH Superior works just fine in Reaper.

Really? Wow, I tried for days to get it to work a few months ago. I kept looking at the Reaper and Toontrack forums and found a lot of people having trouble getting DFHS to work in Reaper. Then I saw a statement in the Toontrack forum saying they weren't compatible and there was no intention of correcting that because Superior 2.0 was coming out and DFHS was discontinued and no longer supported. So at that point I gave up and got SONAR 7, largely just so I could use DFHS. :mad:

Guess I'll take another look and try again. What version are you using of DFHS? (Later, I heard rumors that some people got it to work with ver. 1.5.6 but that version 1.6.0 didn't work.)

Seriously, you first responders have gotta be kidding me - you think a guy just starting out wants to spend like $300 on fucking software? Give me a break - and I know you all wouldn't advocate piracy. Reaper for the win!!

i dont think $300 is alot of money considering the money you're gonna save from not going to an "professional" studio. i have never tried reaper but i have seen it and it looks a little toyish...i'm not saying it is. because i have heard some great shit done on it on this site.

I just tried Samplitude 10 and WAW, this thing rocks Cubase in a million ways! It has all the cool futures such as time stretching and audio quantize and the sound is better imo. I don't like the way the faders in the mixer react but i could live with it :)
I think that Cubase has time stretching (like Nuendo). Sample warping in Cubase/Nuendo is the feature that Samplitude (10) does not have.
And it seems that cpu consumption is higher.

I think that Cubase has time stretching (like Nuendo). Sample warping in Cubase/Nuendo is the feature that Samplitude (10) does not have.
And it seems that cpu consumption is higher.

In Samplitude there is an "elastic audio" feature beside the normal time stertching/pitch shifting. It's a pitch correcting feature like Melodyne or Autotune, so if you have Smaplitude then you don't have to buy other ptich correcting plugin.

I use EZ Drummer with the DFH expansion in Reaper all the time. It works fine :)

USEEEEEEEEE REEEAPPPERR!!!

As do I, a quick search on Youtube will yield a video tutorial that shows you how to get it to work. I got it to work immediately, and I'm a total noob when it comes to the whole recording thing.

I use EZ Drummer with the DFH expansion in Reaper all the time. It works fine :)

USEEEEEEEEE REEEAPPPERR!!!

I don't think there's ever been an issue with EZ Drummer and the DFH expansion in Reaper. I was having trouble with "Drumkit from Hell Superior" in Reaper. It's a different interface and one of the problems, if I remember correctly, was that Reaper would crash when trying to switch between the "Construct", "Main", and "Bounce" windows within DFHS.

Apparently, Torniojaws hasn't had a problem, though, so I don't know.... Maybe it 's just my setup for some reason, or only certain versions of DFHS that have the problem (1.6.0?). I'll try it again when I have time.