What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you look for when considering anything for reissue? I mean there's the obvious details like time, money and availability but what do you look for personally?

Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you look for when considering anything for reissue? I mean there's the obvious details like time, money and availability but what do you look for personally?

if I like it. that is first hurdle, after that it then comes down to rightsholders, availability of the band, etc. sometimes each portion can outweigh the other, for instance. CRO-MAGS I licensed from Century Media and I didn't bother stirring up the hornet's nest that is the CRO-MAGS, but i loved the album so much that I knew a bare bones reissue would still do well and I wasn't wrong since i think i have 2 copies left in the estore.

So things like that are factors. It's not always a good thing to reach out to get the bands involved sometimes. Sleeping dogs need to lie sometimes for the best.

if that rambling helped, go me! hahaha.

That would round out my top 3 reissues along with No Mercy and Deathwish

Well, i am sure you read about the DW album in the other thread and I have asked several people about the No Mercy album as it's a favorite of mine and nobody has a clue about it and why it hasn't been issued, especially since it was on "Suicidal Records" so you would think someone in the ST camp owns the rights. who knows these days.

I think no one mentioned this yet:
deadorchestra.jpg

The sound is very thin on this one.

This may be out of left field, but what about FOG: Jezabel's Dream? It was the guys from Fear of God after Dawn Crosby died. It's pretty killer doomy death metal, and from what I gather really tough to find. I couldn't even find a youtube clip.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Fog/13952

Fear of God? After all these years it sometimes still surprises me to hear some of the bands you talk about.:lol:
Dawn was a pretty cool chcik,, hung out with her once many years ago.

Fear of God? After all these years it sometimes still surprises me to hear some of the bands you talk about.:lol:
Dawn was a pretty cool chcik,, hung out with her once many years ago.

I had the Fear of God disc several years ago and didn't care for it. The remaining guys had a really good sound with FOG, but went totally unnoticed.

I had the Fear of God disc several years ago and didn't care for it. The remaining guys had a really good sound with FOG, but went totally unnoticed.

I remember it vaguely. Seems something like I was talking to someone in it or got it.. something, difficult to remember. That was along time ago.
I don't think Dawn will ever get her just props, she set the game up for women before there was a Karen Crisis or that Arch Enemy chick.

I remember it vaguely. Seems something like I was talking to someone in it or got it.. something, difficult to remember. That was along time ago.
I don't think Dawn will ever get her just props, she set the game up for women before there was a Karen Crisis or that Arch Enemy chick.

her best work was with Detente IMO but the first F.O.G album is cool too. Hated the second album

Just lost a bid about this LP yesterday! :lol:
Totally agree with you, it deserves to be re-discovered...
What about this one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at that show, I totally forgot they open. :lol: Seriously I have forgotten more shows and bands I have seen than the ones I remember. I look though my CDs all the time and one just hits me, "oh I saw them once open for..."
Anyway the Seducer was actually mentioned to me recently as well, and I thought about it years ago too. I have not pulled those off of the shelf in years. I remember them not being that bad, but would have to check it out again.

Haha, me and my buddy were there primarily for Life of Agony but, we were heavily into Carcass as well. Seems like there may have been a 4th band playing maybe, I'll be damned if I can remember who it was though :p Maybe it was Monster Voodoo Machine?

Seducer were pretty good live and no they aren't a bad band, nothing particularly special though.

Haha, me and my buddy were there primarily for Life of Agony but, we were heavily into Carcass as well. Seems like there may have been a 4th band playing maybe, I'll be damned if I can remember who it was though :p Maybe it was Monster Voodoo Machine?

Seducer were pretty good live and no they aren't a bad band, nothing particularly special though.

You are correcty vSir; see that is one I totally forgot about evver seeing until something reminded me.
That was a really good show

Yes, indeed. BOTH of the Apocalypse albums need to be reissued, fer sure. Not a lot of people know this detail, but the first one was produced and mixed by Flemming Rasmussen, directly after he produced the "And Justice..." album.

Apocalypse second album "Faithless" was actually an even better album, IMO. More variety, better production, and stronger songwriting.

I'd like to see DB release these albums, though I hear Music For Nations is notoriously hard to convince letting go of their old catalog...

off the top of my head...

both I.N.C releases....The Visitor and Razorback.

the first Tyrants Reign on CD.

the first Mordred CD.

Made offer to INC and their management about a year ago. Never heard back, so I assume they don't want to do it with me, tis a shame.

I have reached out to two members of Mordred and no response yet (very hopeful however). I already have the album remastered, tons of press clippings/pictures and am ready to roll. If I reissue it, I would actually do both albums at same time. I love the second one too.