What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

VERY out of my reach, but i COMPLETELY agree a 2 cd deluxe edition with all the live stuff released on EPs around that time is much needed. Hell they need to put out Angel Dust remaster.

Sad thing is majors usually capitalize on reunions to push out catalog titles and well that boat sailed and nothing was reissued. i have little hope for it now.

Yeah, I'd love an Angel Dust remaster too. That album still amazes (and scares) me.

Sweet baby Jebus, SOMEBODY better get that one reissued. Good find, J!

I thought you might dig it. I have had the album for years and just listen to it recently, re-discovering stuff sorta since I've been putting things into Itunes. Also finding a lot of stuff that I don't recognize like Vanity Ink:confused: Not sure where it came from but not bad.
Not sure why the Winter's Reign vid link did not work.

I thought you might dig it. I have had the album for years and just listen to it recently, re-discovering stuff sorta since I've been putting things into Itunes. Also finding a lot of stuff that I don't recognize like Vanity Ink:confused: Not sure where it came from but not bad.
Not sure why the Winter's Reign vid link did not work.

I picked up a Vanity Ink disc from Zane's clearance bin (actually, it was a freebie bin by that point), and it was pretty good.

Why not...

$(KGrHqVHJCME+,Iwd7j+BQO-cHN)Pg~~60_57.JPG

I've got the Madness Begins cd too for use as bonus material

Yeah how I see it is:

Absolute Power as cd1

And then Madness Begins and the Combat Boot Camp EP as cd2

THe Combat Boot Camp songs are rougher takes of some of their other songs from Madness Begins and Absolute Power

Also Chasing The Dragon is exclusive on there

MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

Don't mean to be a 'downer', but I think Matt mentioned somewhere else on this board that he attempted to reissue these albums, with either the response of 'no' or no response at all. I could be wrong, but I think he did say that somewhere. Also, the band are selling the albums as downloads on their web site. I checked it out, and to let everyone know; the downloads are transcodes, so avoid at all cost.

Don't mean to be a 'downer', but I think Matt mentioned somewhere else on this board that he attempted to reissue these albums, with either the response of 'no' or no response at all. I could be wrong, but I think he did say that somewhere. Also, the band are selling the albums as downloads on their web site. I checked it out, and to let everyone know; the downloads are transcodes, so avoid at all cost.

HMM I did not know they were selling digital copies on their website

I dont know what transcodes are either

PERHAPS Divebomb could release it is a physical copy only

Divebomb released Watchtower's Control and Resistance that way

HMM I did not know they were selling digital copies on their website

I dont know what transcodes are either

PERHAPS Divebomb could release it is a physical copy only

Divebomb released Watchtower's Control and Resistance that way

Yes, they are selling downloads of both the EP and album

http://www.powermadness.com/?page_id=78

A transcode is a few different things, actually but the kind I'm talking about is when someone takes a file encoded at one bit rate and then converts it to another bit rate, like this -- 192kbps MP3 to 320kbps MP3

Maybe DB could do that. I hope they can but like I said before, I think Matt already talked to, or tried to talk to, someone from the Powermad camp about doing the reissue. Knowing Joel Dubay a little myself, enough to know that he's pretty self important and has a massive ego, my theory is that he wouldn't want anyone other than Sony/Warner/Universal to re-release his precious gifts to mankind:D

On the POWERMAD subject I have reached out to them THREE times at this point. Twice before the download sales started happening and once since letting them know i was still here to reissue on physical format for them. I got no response, naturally.

I suggest if anyone wants to help with the situation just keep messaging them and tell them Divebomb Records would do physical release in a heartbeat.

I have also heard rumors that possibly the new label they are signing to may be doing reissue, but I doubt it.

Yes a DB special edition would contain everything mentioned above. I have tried everything I can.

Yes, they are selling downloads of both the EP and album

http://www.powermadness.com/?page_id=78

A transcode is a few different things, actually but the kind I'm talking about is when someone takes a file encoded at one bit rate and then converts it to another bit rate, like this -- 192kbps MP3 to 320kbps MP3

Maybe DB could do that. I hope they can but like I said before, I think Matt already talked to, or tried to talk to, someone from the Powermad camp about doing the reissue. Knowing Joel Dubay a little myself, enough to know that he's pretty self important and has a massive ego, my theory is that he wouldn't want anyone other than Sony/Warner/Universal to re-release his precious gifts to mankind:D

AHHH!! so that is the term for it "transcode" now i know.

so to update the SINDROME was probably ripped originally at 128 and then he transcoded it to 192 and it sounds awful. like i tell everyone, you can only go DOWN the ladder in audio ripping. WAV > 320 > 256 > 192 > etc. not back up. haha.

also, LAME they didn't remaster it for digital download. i am pretty sure I even offered doing that for them too since that stuff sounds like CRAP on CD these days.

AHHH!! so that is the term for it "transcode" now i know.

so to update the SINDROME was probably ripped originally at 128 and then he transcoded it to 192 and it sounds awful. like i tell everyone, you can only go DOWN the ladder in audio ripping. WAV > 320 > 256 > 192 > etc. not back up. haha.

also, LAME they didn't remaster it for digital download. i am pretty sure I even offered doing that for them too since that stuff sounds like CRAP on CD these days.

Absolutely, Matt. A lot of people think that if they have an MP3 encoded at, say 128kbps, they can make it sound better by going 'up' in bitrate to 192, 256, 320kbps. Dead wrong, it only makes it worse as you said. Going down the ladder is the best way, and if you have a crappy 128kbps file, that's as good as it's gonna get, so do yourself a favor and just leave it alone.

Matt, if you're referring to Powermad's CD originals sounding like crap these days, I agree. I have the original "Absolute Power" CD, and if you compare it to even other CD's from that time, it's really weak. Whoever mastered it the first time 'round just compressed it to absolute 0-DB, with no deviation in the levels whatsoever. Mastering CD's was still a very new thing for engineers, even in the late 80's. At one point, a few years ago, Powermad were actually offering both albums as free downloads on their web site, at 320kbps MP3. They were transcoded up from 128kbps.

Sometimes bands transcode their files on purpose when offering them for free download so (some) bootleggers won't want to make and sell CD's, I think.

If you were talking about Sindrome, I'll have to check that out. Sounds like a good band.

Absolutely, Matt. A lot of people think that if they have an MP3 encoded at, say 128kbps, they can make it sound better by going 'up' in bitrate to 192, 256, 320kbps. Dead wrong, it only makes it worse as you said. Going down the ladder is the best way, and if you have a crappy 128kbps file, that's as good as it's gonna get, so do yourself a favor and just leave it alone.

Matt, if you're referring to Powermad's CD originals sounding like crap these days, I agree. I have the original "Absolute Power" CD, and if you compare it to even other CD's from that time, it's really weak. Whoever mastered it the first time 'round just compressed it to absolute 0-DB, with no deviation in the levels whatsoever. Mastering CD's was still a very new thing for engineers, even in the late 80's. At one point, a few years ago, Powermad were actually offering both albums as free downloads on their web site, at 320kbps MP3. They were transcoded up from 128kbps.

Sometimes bands transcode their files on purpose when offering them for free download so (some) bootleggers won't want to make and sell CD's, I think.

If you were talking about Sindrome, I'll have to check that out. Sounds like a good band.

Go to the Sindrome thread, there is link to free download at 320 from the bootleg CD i received recently. it's actually amazing sounding for bootleg from cassettes. I think someone got ahold of the singer's DATs or something and just pressed them.

but also just google Sindrome website and download the mp3s. says they are 192, but obviously were 128 first. super "swishy" as i like to call it.

Go to the Sindrome thread, there is link to free download at 320 from the bootleg CD i received recently. it's actually amazing sounding for bootleg from cassettes. I think someone got ahold of the singer's DATs or something and just pressed them.

but also just google Sindrome website and download the mp3s. says they are 192, but obviously were 128 first. super "swishy" as i like to call it.

I will check it out, thanks for the tip. So, the Sindrome thread has a link to the good files, and the band's page has the transcodes?