What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

Or what about...

cover.JPG

What about this lost gem? Needs a good reissue for sure! The production is ripe for a good re-mastering. I used to listen to this over and over. Reminds me of a much more melodic Helstar, for some reason. Maybe 'cause they're from Texas as well. If you can, check out the songs "The Entity", and "Sinister Minister". Nowhere to be found on youtube, though. Absolute shining examples of great 'straight up', melodic METAL, bordering on progressive, depending on the track. I wish bands like this still existed...

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtF3nC5tew8&feature=related[/ame]

:loco:

What about this lost gem? Needs a good reissue for sure! The production is ripe for a good re-mastering. I used to listen to this over and over. Reminds me of a much more melodic Helstar, for some reason. Maybe 'cause they're from Texas as well. If you can, check out the songs "The Entity", and "Sinister Minister". Nowhere to be found on youtube, though. Absolute shining examples of great 'straight up', melodic METAL, bordering on progressive, depending on the track. I wish bands like this still existed...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtF3nC5tew8&feature=related

I spoke to one of them years ago when everyone was using myspace. I believe it was one of the guitarists. The singer is deceased I believe. I got lukewarm response from him about reissue. I would love to do that album as well as the oddball second album Diablero

Last edited by a moderator:
So you know how great this album is, then. And, yes the very 'uneven' Diabolero would even be pretty cool. both were produced very well, although if you listen to the original discs, the mastering is very weak. That's most of the reason I'd want to own them again, for the remastering.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtF3nC5tew8&feature=related

Good call!

What about this one:

Last edited by a moderator:

Definitely! The first Depressive Age is a mountain of pure Metal. some don't like the vocals, but hey...the guy's at least 'on key', and sounds pretty original. I personally dig the deep, melodic vocals. They did, however, start going off in to very weird territories as early as the second album. But this first one :devil:

What about the unreleased third album by the band Realm (WI)? It was finished and mixed, and ready to be sent off to Roadrunner Records when they were dropped by the label. I actually read somewhere guitarist Takis Kinis saying it was the best album they'd done. The bonus track on the re-issue of "Suiciety", the song "One More Red Nightmare" (Robert Fripp cover) was recorded during the sessions for the third album.

I'm sure other labels have expressed interest in it, but I don't know why the band won't release it. Apparently, there is also another track off of it that was included on a 'local' compilation album that was released in 1994(?).

For me, personally besides the "Work Of Idle Hands" album by Slammer, this is the album I'd most like to see released. And then the entire remix of "Mind Wars" by Holy Terror, of course. Does anyone have any other info on this 'unreleased' album? And what the hell happened to Mark Antoni? I thought he was one of the most original sounding singers in Metal. I used to spend hours trying to emulate that guy's voice...:worship::worship:

Here's a really bad cassette rip of a song that was intended to be on the 3rd album "The Final Argument Of Kings" . .

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-s6vy7lmLs&feature=plcp[/ame]

What about the unreleased third album by the band Realm (WI)? It was finished and mixed, and ready to be sent off to Roadrunner Records when they were dropped by the label. I actually read somewhere guitarist Takis Kinis saying it was the best album they'd done. The bonus track on the re-issue of "Suiciety", the song "One More Red Nightmare" (Robert Fripp cover) was recorded during the sessions for the third album.

I'm sure other labels have expressed interest in it, but I don't know why the band won't release it. Apparently, there is also another track off of it that was included on a 'local' compilation album that was released in 1994(?).

For me, personally besides the "Work Of Idle Hands" album by Slammer, this is the album I'd most like to see released. And then the entire remix of "Mind Wars" by Holy Terror, of course. Does anyone have any other info on this 'unreleased' album? And what the hell happened to Mark Antoni? I thought he was one of the most original sounding singers in Metal. I used to spend hours trying to emulate that guy's voice...:worship::worship:

Yes, I assume there must be something up with it since it still remains unreleased. I will dig around.

SLAMMER is coming in February with another surprise reissue. ;)

Here's a really bad cassette rip of a song that was intended to be on the 3rd album "The Final Argument Of Kings" . .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-s6vy7lmLs&feature=plcp

EXCELLENT suggestion

I too like Realms first two albums and also wonder why they still havent released the third one
I mean Metal Mind rereleased their first two albums, heck one of those contained a track off the never released third album, yet they couldnt release the third album?

HMM...would be interesting to see why it hasn't been yet

SPEAKING of never released albums....what about Holocross' album Hypercaust

I dont know if its ever been released and if it has I cant find any record of it

HECK rerelease their first self titled album

I dont think its in print anymore

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-s6vy7lmLs&feature=plcp

Hell yes, i'd give my left nut to hear this 3rd album

This may be slightly out of your reach Matt, but I'm listening to Faith No More's The Real Thing and man does this thing need a proper reissue. How is there not a 2-disc Deluxe Edition of this yet?

This may be slightly out of your reach Matt, but I'm listening to Faith No More's The Real Thing and man does this thing need a proper reissue. How is there not a 2-disc Deluxe Edition of this yet?

VERY out of my reach, but i COMPLETELY agree a 2 cd deluxe edition with all the live stuff released on EPs around that time is much needed. Hell they need to put out Angel Dust remaster.

Sad thing is majors usually capitalize on reunions to push out catalog titles and well that boat sailed and nothing was reissued. i have little hope for it now.