What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

Ah, I see. I didn't realize that one was SPV. It was was their best album, besides "Nemesis", IMO.:worship:

Solidify is a very good album too! just listen to Foresight for example very awesome song stuctures or Human? amazing tracks. My favorite albums are probably Nemesis and this one. Haven't listened to this band properly since ages though. Also like mentioned before it's hard for me to get further into topic here..

Malevolent Creation could use a good discography reissue. Only a few of their releases (Warkult, The Will To Kill, and Invidious Dominion) are extremely easy to get, and everything else can be hard to find. I would gladly buy a boxset of their discography (or even of their 90's stuff).

Malevolent Creation could use a good discography reissue. Only a few of their releases (Warkult, The Will To Kill, and Invidious Dominion) are extremely easy to get, and everything else can be hard to find. I would gladly buy a boxset of their discography (or even of their 90's stuff).

Before Monte Conner was let go from Roadrunner he and I were chatting about licensing the first three. That has fallen through now naturally with his departure, kind of hoping the people running it now will get to reissuing the old albums or at least licensing to Metal Mind.

Before Monte Conner was let go from Roadrunner he and I were chatting about licensing the first three. That has fallen through now naturally with his departure, kind of hoping the people running it now will get to reissuing the old albums or at least licensing to Metal Mind.

I wonder why Metal Mind never credit an actual person for doing the remastering of these reissues that they release each week. Some of them do sound very good, but I have the sense that it's just pure dumb luck. I think they just run the files through the 'batch' mastering option of the DBPoweramp software. I've remastered the original CD's of some of their reissues, and they sound almost identical. Actually, some of mine sound better!

I wish Roadrunner would re-reissue all the albums they've licensed out (plus the ones they themselves have re-released), and get someone really good to do the (re)mastering. There's been a lot of improvements with software and technique since, say 1997, when they first re-mastered albums by King Diamond/Mercyful Fate/Annihilator, ect; Think of what they could do with an album like "Don't Break The Oath" , or "Alice In Hell" NOW!

i always assume that it's done "in house" at the label probably by a method you are suggesting. Jamie King is pretty much "in house" for me, but I credit him because his rep speaks for itself these days and customers know they will be getting the best there is on the market with my reissues.

i always assume that it's done "in house" at the label probably by a method you are suggesting. Jamie King is pretty much "in house" for me, but I credit him because his rep speaks for itself these days and customers know they will be getting the best there is on the market with my reissues.

Yeah, I actually buy CD's from you that I wouldn't normally buy, due to two things; I know the mastering is going to be good, as well as the design and layout.

Hypothetical Example: Dead On "Dead On" Metal Mind reissue (nope, pass)
Dead On "Dead On" Divebomb Deluxe Edition (Hell yes!)

As a Polish metalhead I would be able to write a book on Metal Mind stupid ideas anytime. Sure their "remastering" is made the way you described. Tip of the iceberg, I'd say! Some of the reissues (Blessed Death for example) are just bootlegs.

As a Polish metalhead I would be able to write a book on Metal Mind stupid ideas anytime. Sure their "remastering" is made the way you described. Tip of the iceberg, I'd say! Some of the reissues (Blessed Death for example) are just bootlegs.

There have been plenty of "boot" accusations from people. Jon Drenning of Crimson Glory, but Monte told me that Metal Mind licensed the RR catalog in bulk which is why RR went for the deal. He said they licensed something like 50+ titles at once. I can see how the second Blessed Death would be legit, but the first one was on another label.

I think it's more of bands and labels debating what their contracts say. I have seen two contracts from that era from other labels and the bands signed away ALL of their rights to the music.

For me when Drenning kept crying about the bootlegs I just would say to myself if you have the rights then press them yourself and sell them on the CG website. Fans would rather support you I am sure. But here we are YEARS later and no reissues on CG's label. I could see how he owns Astronomica, but definitely could see issues with Transcendence or Strange & Beautiful. The first one is debatable is RR bought it off Par Records back then outright.

Ok, enough nerdery for now.

The Realm "Endless War" 'reissue' was actually ripped from an old cassette tape, hehe. So, yeah I definitely agree w/you there. But, like I said some of them came out really good. Defiance/Artillery/Xentrix, ect; It's seems to be only once in awhile you get a bad one. And they have to STOP w/the cheap 'digi' pack releases. Their box sets are immaculate, so I don't know why the regular 'digi' reissues are so shoddy. Most of the ones I have, the plastic part that holds the actual CD is broken almost all of the time, plus as you know, once the cardboard jacket gets torn, there is no saving it. And the '24bit' process they advertise on all of these Gold discs. So what, Most Windows platforms now utilize 24bit digital audio output as an option.

The Realm "Endless War" 'reissue' was actually ripped from an old cassette tape, hehe. So, yeah I definitely agree w/you there. But, like I said some of them came out really good. Defiance/Artillery/Xentrix, ect; It's seems to be only once in awhile you get a bad one. And they have to STOP w/the cheap 'digi' pack releases. Their box sets are immaculate, so I don't know why the regular 'digi' reissues are so shoddy. Most of the ones I have, the plastic part that holds the actual CD is broken almost all of the time, plus as you know, once the cardboard jacket gets torn, there is no saving it. And the '24bit' process they advertise on all of these Gold discs. So what, Most Windows platforms now utilize 24bit digital audio output as an option.

Agree on the digipacks. They make everything look cheap and disposable.

^ I don't really care about if those Metal mind versions are bootlegs or not. It all sounds okay though I don't believe they change much from the original versions.

It's time to re-release those two albums:

sanctuaryrefugedeniedfrkt31_zpse843bf23.jpg

IntotheMirrorBlackIntoTheMirrorBlackAlbnumCover_zps353d9c28.jpg

^ Yeah I've seen that one but wasn't impressed neither with the packaging nor with the Double disc version of it. I also suppose that there are no lyrics included and smell it's the same with those ridiculous double Cd's from Roadrunner where they packed 2 Cd's in one like for example the old Obituary or Pestilence albums. It was such a waste of money but at the time I believe I didn't have the money to buy the original Cd's..

This one's really a fuckin underrated Thrash/Hardcore/Crossover gem!
Very rare at the time.

RumbleMilitia-StopViolenceAndMadness_zpsaf1984ad.jpg

A reissue would really give honour to this band. They're from germany by the way and the album was recorded in Morrisound studios (!)

I'm going to throw out "Your Last Orison" by End Amen again. Only because after searching for the last two months the cheapest I have been able to find it is for well over $100.00. It was pretty much the brainchild of Uwe Osterlehner from the brilliant "Deception Ignored" by Deathrow. He even took over vocals on it. Easy enough to find a download of it, but what I wouldn't give to have a physical cd of it.

Your+Last+Orison.jpg