What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

I can't believe I never thought of this one before!

220px-Galactic_space.jpg

This needs to be remastered and re-released. "Machine Fish" as well, but Metal Blade will never give it up. Warner/BMG might license "Space In Your Face", though...

^ Yeah I've seen that one but wasn't impressed neither with the packaging nor with the Double disc version of it. I also suppose that there are no lyrics included and smell it's the same with those ridiculous double Cd's from Roadrunner where they packed 2 Cd's in one like for example the old Obituary or Pestilence albums. It was such a waste of money but at the time I believe I didn't have the money to buy the original Cd's..

There are no lyrics, but there is a new essay (by Jerry Ewing) and pictures and it is remastered however the new mastering isn't juiced and is more subdued, but the low end is much more prevalent on it. It's the only way it's going to happen I am sure since SONY still owns both albums. So i went for it.

i always assume that it's done "in house" at the label probably by a method you are suggesting. Jamie King is pretty much "in house" for me, but I credit him because his rep speaks for itself these days and customers know they will be getting the best there is on the market with my reissues.

All the bands Jamie has remastered for me have been blown away by his work. I regret that I went with the Thunderstick that they provided to me, Jamie will have done so much better.

I would love to hear some Picture. HammerFall is my favourite band and their cover of "Eternal Dark" really intrigued me. Sadly, there are way more easier bands to find albums from, so I've never really bothered with Picture.

would LOVE to do some of the Picture stuff. They were done already as 2 on 1 sets, but need to be reissued again.

Put your feelers out and see if there's an opportunity to be had! :p Yes they definitely need to be reissued again (not a fan of 2-on-1 sets)

I haven't bought their most recent album Warhorse yet just in case it got US distribution *cough* May pick it up anyway, we'll see...

Put your feelers out and see if there's an opportunity to be had! :p Yes they definitely need to be reissued again (not a fan of 2-on-1 sets)

I haven't bought their most recent album Warhorse yet just in case it got US distribution *cough* May pick it up anyway, we'll see...

I already know it would be impossible for me, but I am hoping one day someone will do it. I only have my physical CD (no liners) for the Eternal Dark/Diamond Dreamers set. I had both of them long ago, but fire got them. I know it sounds like a broken record at this point, but so many of my CDs were lost then. haha.

A U.S.licensing just seems like it would be a bad idea for that.

I already know it would be impossible for me, but I am hoping one day someone will do it. I only have my physical CD (no liners) for the Eternal Dark/Diamond Dreamers set. I had both of them long ago, but fire got them. I know it sounds like a broken record at this point, but so many of my CDs were lost then. haha.

Really? Huh, well I guess I'll hope right along with you that someone will do us the courtesy of releasing some nice reissues...

A U.S.licensing just seems like it would be a bad idea for that.

Bad news all around :p Guess I'll go ahead and put an order in when my tax returns get back...

Really? Huh, well I guess I'll hope right along with you that someone will do us the courtesy of releasing some nice reissues...

Bad news all around :p Guess I'll go ahead and put an order in when my tax returns get back...

Wish I could be more hopeful, But I know my limits as a reissue label and Picture just wouldn't be in the cards.

That's unfortunate, but that's life :p Have you looked into any other lesser known NWOBHM bands? Like Voltz, Mythra, Spartan Warrior and such? Don't know if those bands would be something you would think is appropriate for the Divebomb label...

As in you don't like Nile or as in I've somehow been destroyed in a manner of which I am not currently aware?

EDIT: Oops... Totally didn't realize this was about a specific record label... That's fun I guess... But also requires that I know more about a song/album than whether or not I like it... No thanks... Hahahaha

Sorry I messed up your thread.

As in you don't like Nile or as in I've somehow been destroyed in a manner of which I am not currently aware?

EDIT: Oops... Totally didn't realize this was about a specific record label... That's fun I guess... But also requires that I know more about a song/album than whether or not I like it... No thanks... Hahahaha

No worries, the early NILE stuff is pretty rough sounding.

I was just busting your balls and suggesting all Nile albums be destroyed. :)