What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

Heavy Load is really a prime band for reissues. Those CD's have not been available since forever (and in the case of debut and the EP - never) so they really should see the reissue treatment.

And if we are going forward with the whole German thrash angle (Grinder etc.) - Accuser is a prime band for reissues. Their first three albums are total German thrash classics and have also not been reissued since the late 90's.

I would like to see these re-mastered and reissued, not sure how they would sell though. I'm sure it will grab those who think they should like it and buy it simply because it is a re-issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think with Heavy Load the problem is really on the band side of things. Many companies wanted to reissue their works and give those records the deluxe treatment they deserve but the band has shot down all options. I hope someone finally gets to it. If Jag Panzer's "Ample Destruction" could be reissued (and the band problems worked out), I think anything can.

To chime in with some other insight I saw someone somewhere, in this thread, mentioning Kublai Khan being bootlegged. Not really true. The only Kublai Khan bootleg was of the original CD pressing on New Rennaisance Records.

The 2003 Exit Only pressing with changed artwork (horribly changed I might add) was a band re-release so that might count as a bootleg but I do not think it does.

The Cult Metal Classics re-release is NOT a bootleg in that CMC licensed the album from Shark Records (and they originally released it on one CD with Bloodfeast). So that cannot be a bootleg either.

To chime in with some other insight I saw someone somewhere, in this thread, mentioning Kublai Khan being bootlegged. Not really true. The only Kublai Khan bootleg was of the original CD pressing on New Rennaisance Records.

The 2003 Exit Only pressing with changed artwork (horribly changed I might add) was a band re-release so that might count as a bootleg but I do not think it does.

The Cult Metal Classics re-release is NOT a bootleg in that CMC licensed the album from Shark Records (and they originally released it on one CD with Bloodfeast). So that cannot be a bootleg either.

Most licensing has a contractual time limit. So if Shark licensed back in the 80s their contract should be expired and why most people suggest bootlegging.

HEAVY LOAD is totally band issue.

Most licensing has a contractual time limit. So if Shark licensed back in the 80s their contract should be expired and why most people suggest bootlegging.

The thing with Kublai Khan is that this band was by all accounts a Shark Records band. Meaning it was NRR that licensed from Shark.

As for the Cerebus reissue that is WIDELY believed to be a bootleg - this is more complicated but if Shark had the rights for that record for Europe (which I believe was the case) that means CMC was still in the clear for releasing this.

My understanding of all of this is that Shark and other Axel Thubeauville related-labels like Bonebreaker, US Metal, Earthshaker licensed their titles for CMC to reissue. That is why they released Titan Force, Chainsaw etc.

Plus my opinion in this is that it is GOOD those titles saw a release. Ann is famous for promising stuff and not delivering. Plus the quality of her re-releases can be extremely shoddy - see Amulance.

As for Heavy Load - I understand it is a band issue. Shame. Will have to hunt down those elusive 1996 King Records pressings.

Plus my opinion in this is that it is GOOD those titles saw a release. Ann is famous for promising stuff and not delivering. Plus the quality of her re-releases can be extremely shoddy - see Amulance.

Totally agree. It is amusing listening to the band's accounts to their relations with Ann and NR. And even more amusing is her witchhunts on bootlegs and how she can spot them and seems to know what all is and isn't legit even if she had no attachment to the release at all. I think she just knows no more than everybody else out there who speculates about "bootlegs".
It is funny that this is still being talked about, Ann and bootlegs.

if you read her old forum you will see where she talks about using the Amulance as the source to master from from her re-issue. The boot already sounded bad, she made it worse. Also the Kublai Khan as been booted, I have the CMC release and a boot of the NR 87 release.

Totally agree. It is amusing listening to the band's accounts to their relations with Ann and NR. And even more amusing is her witchhunts on bootlegs and how she can spot them and seems to know what all is and isn't legit even if she had no attachment to the release at all. I think she just knows no more than everybody else out there who speculates about "bootlegs".
It is funny that this is still being talked about, Ann and bootlegs.

if you read her old forum you will see where she talks about using the Amulance as the source to master from from her re-issue. The boot already sounded bad, she made it worse. Also the Kublai Khan as been booted, I have the CMC release and a boot of the NR 87 release.

The boot of the 87 release is the only Kublai Khan boot that exists. The CMC release sounds good, looks good and is LEVELS better than anything Ann has put out. Do not get me wrong - I have some of her CD's but...subpar is really the word.

That is why her witchhunt against bootlegs is ABSURD.

Since I have mentioned Heavy Load here there is another totally classic Swedish band that deserves a reissue - Gotham City. There was a bootleg compilation of their recordings but we still do not have a proper reissue of their stuff. I wonder what is the hold up.

I suppose this would be a bit out of your jurisdiction, but is there any possibility of some early Iron Savior reissues? The first three albums are reasonably hard to find over in North America. They would definitely sell well though, I would think.

I suppose this would be a bit out of your jurisdiction, but is there any possibility of some early Iron Savior reissues? The first three albums are reasonably hard to find over in North America. They would definitely sell well though, I would think.

They are now, with Universal selling off Sanctuary (owner of Noise catalog) to BMG in Germany. Apparently, despite what their president said during the purchase, they care about as much for licensing the Noise stuff as Universal did.

I assume Coroner just bootlegged their own album, which is going to happen more and more I presume.