What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

Didn't Megaforce do both the EP and Metal Of Honor? MoH is a classic album for sure. Hell To Pay is one fucking amazing metal song.

Nope. Neither Megaforce nor Steamhammer did a CD press with the EP bonus tracks. And the EP itself has not been pressed on CD too. Which is something Divebomb should remedy! :headbang:

I have the full-length but I have not listened to it in several years. I can't recall it that well. Perhaps this one will come out today.

This was, IMO, their best song and the best metal song to ever come out of Maryland back in the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC7QEqPintk :headbang:

Loved singing it when I was in the band.

*neat bit of trivia: the scream at about 1:50 into the song is Cougin, inhaling a scream that left him unable to talk for about ten minutes after he did it in the studio. Never could get him to do it on stage, although he did vomit on cue once...

hmmm, does anyone know something more about this DFA reissue?

http://www.officialabyssrecords.com/product_info.php?products_id=12815

I cant find any photos, i also didn't hear about this Big Rig label.

it's probably a bootleg. BIG RIG RECORDS was started by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones as their imprint with a major label. it was closed in 2001 I believe I read. there is even ANOTHER Big Rig Records out there now working with indie artists.

The Big Rig Records on this DA cd is probably fake. however, if someone has more legit information than me guessing, please post it up!

If this has not been mentioned before I think the first Grinder album should also be reissued if the second one got this treatment. I think the first one is more of a rarity and more wanted among metalheads. But I wonder about the bonus tracks...the demos possibly?

Also there is the band Poltergeist - that one could see some reissues (especially their first album) - their thrash was pretty cool :)

If this has not been mentioned before I think the first Grinder album should also be reissued if the second one got this treatment. I think the first one is more of a rarity and more wanted among metalheads. But I wonder about the bonus tracks...the demos possibly?

Also there is the band Poltergeist - that one could see some reissues (especially their first album) - their thrash was pretty cool :)

Dead End is the band's favorite material so we went with that album first. If it does well (despite being readily available as bootleg) we are going to talk about doing the first album, but this Grinder and Sultan are experiments to see if people will support legit reissues over bootlegs. hopefully, we will win. haha.

Bonus cuts are the EP (minus live songs) and a selection of their favorite tracks from the third album. Demos are a rarity it would seem. Maybe they can dig up copies if we get to the first album.

I have debating licensing the Poltergeist albums from Century Media, but I just haven't had the money to do it. It would be a big outpouring of cash to do all three.

Dead End is the band's favorite material so we went with that album first. If it does well (despite being readily available as bootleg) we are going to talk about doing the first album.

Bonus cuts are the EP (minus live songs) and a selection of their favorite tracks from the third album. Demos are a rarity it would seem. Maybe they can dig up copies if we get to the first album.

I have debating licensing the Poltergeist albums from Century Media, but I just haven't had the money to do it. It would be a big outpouring of cash to do all three.

Dead End is the band's favorite material so we went with that album first. If it does well (despite being readily available as bootleg) we are going to talk about doing the first album, but this Grinder and Sultan are experiments to see if people will support legit reissues over bootlegs. hopefully, we will win. haha.

Very cool either way. I do not have the EP so I will be glad to buy that Grinder album. I hope it wins over the bootleg - this should be the way to go if we want to see some rare stuff released. I have the first Grinder album on CD and it's a thing of beauty of speed/thrash metal. Love it totally! Funny thing is that I believe this one does not really need a remastering job. It's raw and furious and should stay that way!

As for Poltergeist I can understand Century Media wants to have a hefty sum for the license. Hopefully they will re-release those because they all have been bootlegged.

As for Poltergeist I can understand Century Media wants to have a hefty sum for the license. Hopefully they will re-release those because they all have been bootlegged.

That is probably main reason why CM hasn't done them already.

Also, for the record, CM is very good with licensing fees having done two records with them now. But I was just commenting three albums at once would be a decent chunk of cash. If I were going to do three at once it would be Malevolent Creation's first three albums over Poltergeist. haha.

That is probably main reason why CM hasn't done them already.

Also, for the record, CM is very good with licensing fees having done two records with them now. But I was just commenting three albums at once would be a decent chunk of cash. If I were going to do three at once it would be Malevolent Creation's first three albums over Poltergeist. haha.

I can understand that totally. I think the Poltergeist record most people want is the first one but I get why CM has not released them yet (although I think they should - the band has reformed).

As for dreaming stuff up - I think I can dream about Shah "Beware" having the Divebomb treatment can I? :)

Also a PROPER reissue of the Wild Dogs discs would be awesome. Especially Reign Of Terror (with the unreleased album as bonus track/bonus disc). We got some reissues on Northwinds Records with tons of bonus tracks but I do not know about the validity of those.