What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

I'm appealing now for two things that deserve to be officially released. First is Obssession's demo from 1983 with some unreleased songs like "Where there's a whip there's a way" and "Twilight Zone". On Youtube is excellent Live from 1984, and it would be shame that this great metal is not released. Maybe DVD with it?
And second are demos of Germans Mania, which are better than lp and ep.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just dusted off Mercury Rising's 1994 debut Upon Deaf Ears for the first time in a few years. Now that's an album that could use a proper reissue. It's early progressive metal in the vein of Fates Warning with some Sanctuary, Queensryche and Crimson Glory thrown in for good measure.

GREAT suggestion on the OBSESSION stuff but my only guess is there are no proper masters. Obsession have been around long enough with plenty of demand for their stuff that there has to be a reason why those demos remain unreleased to this day, especially since they could have been bonus tracks for the MM reissues years ago. :)

GREAT suggestion on the OBSESSION stuff but my only guess is there are no proper masters. Obsession have been around long enough with plenty of demand for their stuff that there has to be a reason why those demos remain unreleased to this day, especially since they could have been bonus tracks for the MM reissues years ago. :)

Bonuses on MM reissues are of a good sound quality. To me they sound like they were taken from a good tapes. Yeah, pity they didn't put the whole demo.

I see that Vescera prepares some sort of a Obsession box. On their Facebook page people can vote what would they like to see in it. Maybe with some miracle we see that demo and those unreleased songs, hopefully

I just remembered one that would be very very cool to see - DRESDEN and their obscure power/thrash album "Too Many Skeletons". Seems like an awesome album for Divebomb to tackle. Obscure, underground and full of amazing riffs!

And I think, despite already existing reissues Holy Terror would be a band that would only benefit from the Divebomb reissue treatment. Why?

For one - the existing reissues have a botched mastering job and skipping tracks. Also I think those albums should not be a 2CD package but each a deluxe CD with liner notes, lyrics, bonus tracks etc. The proper treatment for such a cult band!

And I think, despite already existing reissues Holy Terror would be a band that would only benefit from the Divebomb reissue treatment. Why?

For one - the existing reissues have a botched mastering job and skipping tracks. Also I think those albums should not be a 2CD package but each a deluxe CD with liner notes, lyrics, bonus tracks etc. The proper treatment for such a cult band!

I tried several years ago. They sold the rights already. I even offered to help pay for the completion of a remix of Mind Wars, half of which appears on El Revengo CD.

I have the corrected Judas Reward mp3 if anyone wants it. I had Jamie Kind repair it once I got that CD. haha. email me: tribunalrecords@aol.com

Worst part is the US edition wasn't even fixed before going to press (which it was done a few years after UK version). Goes to show that labels don't even listen to their own releases sometimes.

I tried several years ago. They sold the rights already. I even offered to help pay for the completion of a remix of Mind Wars, half of which appears on El Revengo CD.

I have the corrected Judas Reward mp3 if anyone wants it. I had Jamie Kind repair it once I got that CD. haha. email me: tribunalrecords@aol.com

Worst part is the US edition wasn't even fixed before going to press (which it was done a few years after UK version). Goes to show that labels don't even listen to their own releases sometimes.

Really a big big big shame. This band deserves MUCH better. I hope Candlelight (I think they hold the rights now) sells the rights to someone who can make a worthwhile re-release. It's a damn shame that the only copies on the market today are ones with a defect. Might really sour someone on the band.

As for me I guess I will have to keep on hunting for the japnese release of "Terror And Submission".

Oh and I will throw another band into the mix - Messiah Force. Their "The Last Day" album is masterpiece of speed metal. And they a pre-album and post-album demo so there is ample room for bonus tracks!

This is a good idea. A demo compilation of those guys would be awesome. Although I thought we were sticking to "album" bands. But I will throw two out there too:

A proper reissue of the first Satan's Host album (with possible bonus tracks being the Midnight Wind release). Those guys are active and this album has never been properly reissued on CD and remastered (and it really needs it).

Also - the S.A. Slayer album and EP. No need to comment here - those records are US power metal classics and it's a shame they are not available on CD.

if someone is interested, Coroner just reissued by themselves "Mental Vortex". You can buy it on their official store.
Moreover:

Why doesn't anyone reissue Liege Lord or Apocrypha? I've taken "Master Control" (Urubuz Records) but still two records missing... and about Apocrypha, looks like the "reissues" around are the usual bootlegs, correct?

if someone is interested, Coroner just reissued by themselves "Mental Vortex". You can buy it on their official store.
Moreover:

Why doesn't anyone reissue Liege Lord or Apocrypha? I've taken "Master Control" (Urubuz Records) but still two records missing... and about Apocrypha, looks like the "reissues" around are the usual bootlegs, correct?

Shrapnel reissued two of the three Apocrypha albums. They're legit, even if they do come in digipacks.

Moreover:

hahaha, they didn't even REMASTER Mental Vortex?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! then why reissue it at all?! such a wasted opportunity right there, down the drain.

Liege Lord have mentioned to me that Metal Blade is doing 3 cd set of all 3 albums. who knows when that will occur.

I have all 3 Liege Lord albums (even have "Freedom's Rise" on Black Dragon Records on CD) but I would buy such a set ASAP. I love the band so much!

Also I hope Matt reads this:

The one band that EVERY heavy metal wants to see reissued is probably one of the greatest HM bands ever - Sweden's Heavy Load. People tried to reissue this stuff earlier but the band supposedly does not want their music reissued. However the guy running the Heavy Load Facebook page is trying to organize some reissues/an anthology of their releases (and I believe the guy is Eddie Malm, one of their guitarists). Heavy Load is such a cult band they should get the Divebomb treatment with remasters etc. There are plenty of bonus tracks to be added to the albums in the form of EP's, singles and whatnot.

hahaha, they didn't even REMASTER Mental Vortex?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! then why reissue it at all?! such a wasted opportunity right there, down the drain.

Liege Lord have mentioned to me that Metal Blade is doing 3 cd set of all 3 albums. who knows when that will occur.

Matt told me it would be next year. He said that the band did not think anyone was interested before and for years and after KIT MB contacted them. Pretty much the same with Flotsam.

I have all 3 Liege Lord albums (even have "Freedom's Rise" on Black Dragon Records on CD) but I would buy such a set ASAP. I love the band so much!

Also I hope Matt reads this:

The one band that EVERY heavy metal wants to see reissued is probably one of the greatest HM bands ever - Sweden's Heavy Load. People tried to reissue this stuff earlier but the band supposedly does not want their music reissued. However the guy running the Heavy Load Facebook page is trying to organize some reissues/an anthology of their releases (and I believe the guy is Eddie Malm, one of their guitarists). Heavy Load is such a cult band they should get the Divebomb treatment with remasters etc. There are plenty of bonus tracks to be added to the albums in the form of EP's, singles and whatnot.

I agree about Heavy Load. Someone needs to make that happen.