What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

Yes on Mortal Sin. "AKA Rebellious Youth" (hehe) is just as good as any of their other earlier work. Who cares if they got a singer that could actually sing! Is that a bad thing? Interesting note:this album was one of Kevin Shirley's first attempts at producing a band.

E-X-E - Forget about "Stricken By Might". If anyone was going to release anything, it should be the second, much better all the way around, album "Sicker Than I Thought". The band improved immeasurably.

CLOVEN HOOF - A Sultan's Ransom (? Has it been reissued in the last 10 years?)
MESSIAH FORCE - The Last Day
HELSTAR - Multiples of Black
ANTITHESIS - s/t
POWER OF OMENS - Eyes of the Oracle
LORD BANE - Age of Elegance

ANTITHESIS - s/t

Cloven Hoof - A Sultans Ransom - just reissued about 6 months ago on vinyl and CD with a DVD on High Roller Records.

I would also like to see these reissued.
Hammers Rule (All songs)
Blackwych - out of control
Asgard - In the ancient days (Noise records)
Mania - wizard of the lost kingdom - changing times (Noise records)
Pariah - Take a walk

ANTITHESIS - s/t

I have on good authority that the LORD BANE won't happen because of the singer. that one was VERY high on my list, but i was told it won't happen. it's a shame because i had the album remastered, which actually was the FIRST TIME it was mastered. the original cd wasn't mastered hence the odd mix it has (still not the best mix even after mastering but it's better). Jamie said it was mixed for mastering but apparently the mastering was never done.

here is preview mp3 of the new audio i have.
http://www.divebombrecords.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/03-Like-The-Lion.mp3

Good call on the Helstar. It's a really good album that you just don't see anywhere.

"Multiples Of Black" is the culmination of two separate recordings. One half of the album consists of demos, the other half was a recording the band did with Megadeth bassist Dave Ellefson producing, and was supposed to have been an EP. Funny, you can tell which songs are the Ellefson ones, mostly because they sound like Megadeth songs. That, and the fact that the recording quality is much better than the aforementioned demos. Good luck mastering this album!

"Multiples Of Black" is the culmination of two separate recordings. One half of the album consists of demos, the other half was a recording the band did with Megadeth bassist Dave Ellefson producing, and was supposed to have been an EP. Funny, you can tell which songs are the Ellefson ones, mostly because they sound like Megadeth songs. That, and the fact that the recording quality is much better than the aforementioned demos. Good luck mastering this album!

It's got a killer Judas Priest cover too.

Is that the disc with the VIGILANTE demo on it?

The real problem with "Multiples..." is that the two separate recording sessions that this album consists of are SO completely different that it makes the whole thing sound like a mess. The Ellefson tracks are very well produced, yet the 1994 'demo' tracks are about as badly recorded as you could imagine, almost embarrassingly so.

What doesn't help is the fact that the tracks are all mixed in together on the album. It would have been much better to digest if the recordings were chronological. This 'unevenness' is why I wrote 'Good luck Mastering it'. To try and match the different tracks in levels and 'EQ' would be very hard to do. You'd probably have to 're-order' the songs to correct it.

I don't understand why they didn't just take the Ellefson tracks and put them together with the 1990 Helstar demo recordings, the ones they did right after "Nosferatu". Those recordings sound very similar to the Ellefson sessions and the songs themselves are brilliant, some of the bands best, I think.

The real problem with "Multiples..." is that the two separate recording sessions that this album consists of are SO completely different that it makes the whole thing sound like a mess. The Ellefson tracks are very well produced, yet the 1994 'demo' tracks are about as badly recorded as you could imagine, almost embarrassingly so.

What doesn't help is the fact that the tracks are all mixed in together on the album. It would have been much better to digest if the recordings were chronological. This 'unevenness' is why I wrote 'Good luck Mastering it'. To try and match the different tracks in levels and 'EQ' would be very hard to do. You'd probably have to 're-order' the songs to correct it.

I don't understand why they didn't just take the Ellefson tracks and put them together with the 1990 Helstar demo recordings, the ones they did right after "Nosferatu". Those recordings sound very similar to the Ellefson sessions and the songs themselves are brilliant, some of the bands best, I think.

This is why you will always see Divebomb reissues in some sorting of grouping order. So sessions remain with sessions because Jamie King doesn't master my reissues as a whole unit unless from the same session. he masters each respective session/demo, etc unto itself and it usually comes out pretty even. As a listener I know I prefer having to adjust my volume knob once when a new session starts rather than a full mastering job which only affects one session of the audio in a positive way, rest of it usually sounds like garbage.

This is why you will always see Divebomb reissues in some sorting of grouping order. So sessions remain with sessions because Jamie King doesn't master my reissues as a whole unit unless from the same session. he masters each respective session/demo, etc unto itself and it usually comes out pretty even. As a listener I know I prefer having to adjust my volume knob once when a new session starts rather than a full mastering job which only affects one session of the audio in a positive way, rest of it usually sounds like garbage.

Yes, and a lot of labels these days hire engineers that do this terrible thing called 'batch' mastering. They take tracks from every individual source, and 'master' all of them together as if they are from one source. This is a bad idea for a number of reasons, most notably what happens to the 'levels' in regard to compression, and how EQ can effects the overall sound (due to compression) when a group of tracks are being mastered as one.

Take all of the sources and strip them down to '0'DB, then build the tracks from there.

Paralysis "Arctic Sleep" EP especially, but they have another EP and two more albums as well. Started out a tech-thrash band, ended as a prog-metal band.

www.metal-archives.com/bands/Paralysis/438

Antagonist (The 80's one). As far as I know, they released two EP's, both of which were excellent 'bay area' inspired thrash releases, though a bit more 'progressive'. Think Nasty Savage "Indulgence" era.

www.metal-archives.com/bands/Antagonist/10041

I am sure the cost would be high but I would love to see some classic NWOBHM stuff like...

Bitches Sin - Predator
Quartz - Against All Odds
Chateaux - Chained and Desperate
- Fire Power
- Highly Strung

and classics like

Picture - all the classic 80's albums.