What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

I can understand that totally. I think the Poltergeist record most people want is the first one but I get why CM has not released them yet (although I think they should - the band has reformed).

As for dreaming stuff up - I think I can dream about Shah "Beware" having the Divebomb treatment can I? :)

Also a PROPER reissue of the Wild Dogs discs would be awesome. Especially Reign Of Terror (with the unreleased album as bonus track/bonus disc). We got some reissues on Northwinds Records with tons of bonus tracks but I do not know about the validity of those.

I have never heard of Shah, but I will add it to my list.

I personally would LOVE to do Reign Of Terror and give it something that looks AND sounds good unlike what is out there now. The older records I won't touch because of Matt (vocalist) being in control of that stuff. Edwin has some classic stories to share about that guy if you have a night to listen to them. hahaha.

I have friended Michael Furlong on facebook, but not sure it would be in his realm to grant rights to RoT material, plus I have heard that Matt believes he somehow has the rights to reissue that one too.

What is the unreleased album? If that has Matt on it, you can count me out. hahaha.

I have never heard of Shah, but I will add it to my list.

I personally would LOVE to do Reign Of Terror and give it something that looks AND sounds good unlike what is out there now. The older records I won't touch because of Matt (vocalist) being in control of that stuff. Edwin has some classic stories to share about that guy if you have a night to listen to them. hahaha.

I have friended Michael Furlong on facebook, but not sure it would be in his realm to grant rights to RoT material, plus I have heard that Matt believes he somehow has the rights to reissue that one too.

What is the unreleased album? If that has Matt on it, you can count me out. hahaha.

First - does Matt own the rights to the first two? They were released on Shrapnel so I really doubt Varney would grant Matt the rights to those. But maybe I am mistaken.

I know Matt believes he owns the rights to Reign Of Terror because he also licensed that one out to Northwinds Records who re-released the first three Wild Dogs albums. Those reissues were good in terms of having tons of bonus tracks and liner notes. How Matt believes he owns that one (which was originally released on Enigma and even had a CD version) - he did not even perform on it.

The unreleased album is basicly demos to the next album after Reign Of Terror. Featured as bonus tracks on the Northwinds reissue. GREAT STUFF! As far as I know that one does not feature Matt.

A sample track:

And Shah and their album "Beware" is probably the best thrash album to come out of Russia. Never mind the vocals just listen to the music:

Last edited by a moderator:
First - does Matt own the rights to the first two? They were released on Shrapnel so I really doubt Varney would grant Matt the rights to those. But maybe I am mistaken.

I know Matt believes he owns the rights to Reign Of Terror because he also licensed that one out to Northwinds Records who re-released the first three Wild Dogs albums. Those reissues were good in terms of having tons of bonus tracks and liner notes. How Matt believes he owns that one (which was originally released on Enigma and even had a CD version) - he did not even perform on it.

The unreleased album is basicly demos to the next album after Reign Of Terror. Featured as bonus tracks on the Northwinds reissue. GREAT STUFF! As far as I know that one does not feature Matt.

Shrapnel did the first two yes, but Matt has been printing CDs of those albums for YEARS now. And if Varney did nothing about it by now then my guess is the band totally owns all the recordings.

Not sure how in Matt's mind he would own the rights to RoT, but he could just have it issued via his label but if I remember Edwin's chats with him he claimed to be a co-writer for most of the material.

Either way, I would do it in a heartbeat. I love that album.

Shah - a big yes from me on this one! But i prefer Escape From Mind over Beware. Look out though, i've heard 3 different versions of EFM and to this day i don't know which is which haha! Two are rather poor, but one is amongst my favourite thrash materials.

I'm listening to the self-titled Neverland album now (yes, the one from the second Bill & Ted soundtrack). Would love to see a Rock Candy reissue of this one.

Solid album. I still spin it from time to time. I also agree on the Nightwing albums. Zoom Club has never done a good job with any of their releases.

I'm listening to the self-titled Neverland album now (yes, the one from the second Bill & Ted soundtrack). Would love to see a Rock Candy reissue of this one.

That is a great album, but came out at a bad time when rock bands who still had long hair but could easily go over with a more alternative audience were getting lost in the shuffle.
I think I have a promo single with a non-album track

Shah - a big yes from me on this one! But i prefer Escape From Mind over Beware. Look out though, i've heard 3 different versions of EFM and to this day i don't know which is which haha! Two are rather poor, but one is amongst my favourite thrash materials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB5fZTDFdIs

well you know I own a Bootleg Version of that album and it sounds like fuckin shit. It only contains the Demos from 1987. I prefer Beware in any way.

I just saw a copy of Incursion Dementa - All This Is... on an Ebay auction for over 315 Euros!!
I also set some bids but it suddenly went over 70 Euros so fast.

I think a Re-Release of that one just would be perfect. Very underrated dutch Thrash band.

Re-animator - Condemned to Eternity.

The current version going around is a bootleg and it sounds crap. Decent enough music but let down by a flat production.

GMT - One By One (Later got a re-release called War Games) maybe? Originally put out by Mausoleum.