What records do you think need a proper reissue? SOUND OFF!

Have talked to Kyle numerous times over the years about this. he wants to re-record the album of which i believe a new version of Mastermind is online somewhere.

I love it as is. Not sure there is a good conversion of the Sabbath cover since that was omitted from the 2 on 1 CD from years ago. which their version is amazing.

A re-recording is all good and stuff but I think a remastered version of the original should really be made available with lyrics, booklet. And the omission of the Sabbath cover from the 2 on 1 is a sin against music. That version rules.

Hell if he wants a re-recording it could be included as a second disc of the reissue :)

A re-recording is all good and stuff but I think a remastered version of the original should really be made available with lyrics, booklet. And the omission of the Sabbath cover from the 2 on 1 is a sin against music. That version rules.

Hell if he wants a re-recording it could be included as a second disc of the reissue :)

I agree, they did it for space reasons and i am sure not wanting to pay mechanicals again. so when short on time, it was first to go.

Not sure what he is going to do, but I have made my ideas known to him many times over. He knows where I am if the time should come. :)

I'd love for you to doe the dr. Know album. I have the 2 on 1 cd but want Into The Void dammit

Take heed of this:) People really want this and I think it would sell reasonably well. Uncle Slam and Cro-Mags reissues were totally awesome.

I wish someone would make a label that gives the Divebomb treatment to classic hardcore punk releases (wink wink).

Take heed of this:) People really want this and I think it would sell reasonably well. Uncle Slam and Cro-Mags reissues were totally awesome.

I wish someone would make a label that gives the Divebomb treatment to classic hardcore punk releases (wink wink).

What hardcore punk are you wanting to see done? There are ZERO boundaries for Divebomb.

What hardcore punk are you wanting to see done? There are ZERO boundaries for Divebomb.

Off the top of my head:

1. Cro-Mags "The Age Of Quarrel" and "Best Wishes" - those two have been out of print for ages and are total classics.
2. Leeway "Born To Expire" - one of the greatest crossover albums ever. And still out of print!
3. Septic Death "Discography" - one of the greatest hardcore bands ever. Horror hardcore - morbid, slimy and heavy. Someone should just compile all of their songs in a neat discography and that be that.
4. SSD "The Kids Will Have Their Say/Get It Away" - one awesome piece of Straight Edge hardcore here. Blistering and furious. And I know Al Barile holds the rights and was looking for a label to reissue those on...
5. Warzone - first two albums. Still out of print and classics of NYHC.
6. Necros - "Conquest For Death+EP's" - another HC classic that did not see the CD era.

Those are some off the top of my head. I can do LOADS more if need be :)

Oh an one more that is a MUST:

Hellbastard - "Heading For Internal Darkness"+"Ripper Crust" and "Death Militia" demos - a classic beyond classics. Thrashy crustmetal with d-beat touches and Slayer/Metallica riffage.

Off the top of my head:

1. Cro-Mags "The Age Of Quarrel" and "Best Wishes" - those two have been out of print for ages and are total classics.
2. Leeway "Born To Expire" - one of the greatest crossover albums ever. And still out of print!
3. Septic Death "Discography" - one of the greatest hardcore bands ever. Horror hardcore - morbid, slimy and heavy. Someone should just compile all of their songs in a neat discography and that be that.
4. SSD "The Kids Will Have Their Say/Get It Away" - one awesome piece of Straight Edge hardcore here. Blistering and furious. And I know Al Barile holds the rights and was looking for a label to reissue those on...
5. Warzone - first two albums. Still out of print and classics of NYHC.
6. Necros - "Conquest For Death+EP's" - another HC classic that did not see the CD era.

Those are some off the top of my head. I can do LOADS more if need be :)

The Cro-Mags and Leeway stuff is owned by Sony. I don't have the contacts. Apparently the version JJ is selling on his website of Age is a boot or so says Parris, but I do know Sony owns the rights to the Rock Hotel stuff. Not sure how Murphy's Law got their stuff back, but they may have sub-licensed it.

SSD, surprised Bridge Nine Records isn't all over this especially if they are looking for a label to do it.

Warzone would be tough because of Raybeez being gone. Caroline/EMI might still own the rights these days. Great albums.

Necros I will check on. I have the Restless reissue with Tangled Up and the live album.

I will also check into Septic Death, but there has to be something up if that stuff has never been done. I mean they are legends.

The Cro-Mags and Leeway stuff is owned by Sony. I don't have the contacts. Apparently the version JJ is selling on his website of Age is a boot or so says Parris, but I do know Sony owns the rights to the Rock Hotel stuff. Not sure how Murphy's Law got their stuff back, but they may have sub-licensed it.

SSD, surprised Bridge Nine Records isn't all over this especially if they are looking for a label to do it.

Warzone would be tough because of Raybeez being gone. Caroline/EMI might still own the rights these days. Great albums.

Necros I will check on. I have the Restless reissue with Tangled Up and the live album.

I will also check into Septic Death, but there has to be something up if that stuff has never been done. I mean they are legends.

I did not know about Leeway and Cro-Mags and the Rock Hotel situation. That may explain it. Although it they got the rights to Murphy's Law they might do the other stuff.

I think SSD would be great if Divebomb did it. I think Al is still considering a reissue so contacting him might be a good idea.

Septic Death has been done before but is crazy expensive now and out-of-print. I think Pushead did it on his own label.

I have that Necros release but what people want is their classic material. That would be awesome.

Other stuff I would love to see for example would be hardcore-era Sacred Denial material - an awesome band to be sure.

Also that No Mercy album would be great to see. But I think there is problem with that one.

Check also my Hellbastard suggestion above.

Me too! I absolutely adore it. Do you know what the issue is? I kept hearing something is preventing Mike from a reissue but nobody mentioned any specifics.

I have tried to find out, but everyone I ask - nobody knows. I mean I assume someone in the camp owned Suicidal Records. haha. so how there is a rights issue is beyond me.

Any chance of a reissue of the first two Blood Money records? It looks like their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Blood.Money.NWoBHM) is being run by their guitarist and they keep linking to downloads of the albums. I'm not sure if it's legit, but it seems like they're definitely easy to contact and willing to get the music out there.

I talked to them and they have no master recordings. Also the audio they have online ripped from LPs, they don't have lossless format of it.

But I will keep digging.

Some way cool potential Divebomb reissue candidates that just S-C-R-E-A-M for a redux...

PILEDRIVER - "Stay Ugly" & "Metal Inquisition". The High Vaultage two-fer stinks to high heaven, as does the full moon. Gord says he doesn't own the masters. Apparently the dude who ran Cobra/HME back in the day has them. These need to be heard proper once & for all.

E-X-E - Stricken By Might. I guess Varney probably has the source on this one too, since Shatter was owned by Shrapnel. Still, what a classic metal album.

HOLOCROSS/INDESTROY/ANVIL BITCH catalogues. Not sure what Ann does & doesn't hold rights to, but I know numerous bands from the label were able to secure sole rights to their back catalogue, so who knows?

TT QUICK - Self-titled EP. As mentioned here before, this one is long overdue.

DED ENGINE - Self-titled debut. I can't believe this one hasn't happened yet. Chip Lorimer (drummer) is easy to locate & I get the feeling he would be a helpful resource in locating source materials.

BEOWULF - First two albums. I'm pretty sure the sloppy vinyl rip "remaster" from a few years ago is out-of-print now. Would love to see a careful remaster of these.

DESTRUCTION - The "neo-Destruction" albums. I know even mentioning them is practically sacrilege but they're rare as hell & worthy of a second look...if Mike Sifringer will even allow them to see the light of day again. Seems that era has fallen victim to serious revisionism.

HOLOSADE - "Hell House". Never seen this one on disc. Great UK cult album.

INDESTRUCTIBLE NOISE COMMAND - I've been seeing some European copies of "Razorback" & "The Visitor" floating around on the cheap, but maybe they're boots? Anyone confirm this?

MENTORS - I'm quite sure Steve Broy is receptive to the idea of reissuing, based on our recent conversation. Aside from the Metal Blade albums, he owns everything else. He's done a few reissues over the years but the mastering is horrific & packaging is some of the most amateur I've ever seen. Would be great to see "Rock Bible" & the complete "Houses of the Horny" get a proper reissue.

RAVEN - Pretty much the entire catalogue is M.I.A. now, with the exception of the latest & "Nothing Exceeds". The Atlantic albums are probably a no-go, but the rest should be up for grabs.

ARAGON - Self-titled EP. Never reissued on CD.

IMPALER - "Rise of the Mutants" EP. Pretty sure the Root-Of-All-Evil copies are out of circulation. Horrible sounding!

INDESTRUCTIBLE NOISE COMMAND - I've been seeing some European copies of "Razorback" & "The Visitor" floating around on the cheap, but maybe they're boots? Anyone confirm this?
There was a guy on Metal-Archives that hordes copies of "The Visitor". I haven't seen it in a while, but it seemed like he was posting a new copy of that album he received every week in the latest purchases thread.

In any case, I'd second those albums, along with pretty much all of the others you mentioned :p

Some way cool potential Divebomb reissue candidates that just S-C-R-E-A-M for a redux...

PILEDRIVER - "Stay Ugly" & "Metal Inquisition". The High Vaultage two-fer stinks to high heaven, as does the full moon. Gord says he doesn't own the masters. Apparently the dude who ran Cobra/HME back in the day has them. These need to be heard proper once & for all.

E-X-E - Stricken By Might. I guess Varney probably has the source on this one too, since Shatter was owned by Shrapnel. Still, what a classic metal album.

HOLOCROSS/INDESTROY/ANVIL BITCH catalogues. Not sure what Ann does & doesn't hold rights to, but I know numerous bands from the label were able to secure sole rights to their back catalogue, so who knows?

TT QUICK - Self-titled EP. As mentioned here before, this one is long overdue.

DED ENGINE - Self-titled debut. I can't believe this one hasn't happened yet. Chip Lorimer (drummer) is easy to locate & I get the feeling he would be a helpful resource in locating source materials.

BEOWULF - First two albums. I'm pretty sure the sloppy vinyl rip "remaster" from a few years ago is out-of-print now. Would love to see a careful remaster of these.

DESTRUCTION - The "neo-Destruction" albums. I know even mentioning them is practically sacrilege but they're rare as hell & worthy of a second look...if Mike Sifringer will even allow them to see the light of day again. Seems that era has fallen victim to serious revisionism.

HOLOSADE - "Hell House". Never seen this one on disc. Great UK cult album.

MENTORS - I'm quite sure Steve Broy is receptive to the idea of reissuing, based on our recent conversation. Aside from the Metal Blade albums, he owns everything else. He's done a few reissues over the years but the mastering is horrific & packaging is some of the most amateur I've ever seen. Would be great to see "Rock Bible" & the complete "Houses of the Horny" get a proper reissue.

RAVEN - Pretty much the entire catalogue is M.I.A. now, with the exception of the latest & "Nothing Exceeds". The Atlantic albums are probably a no-go, but the rest should be up for grabs.

ARAGON - Self-titled EP. Never reissued on CD.

IMPALER - "Rise of the Mutants" EP. Pretty sure the Root-Of-All-Evil copies are out of circulation. Horrible sounding!

I comment on things I know about. Some of your stuff like PILEDRIVER answer themselves.

INC - tried to reissue a couple years ago. the band and "management" were holding out to use back catalog as incentive for whichever label was going to put out there new album. this was for the last album NOT the new album they are promoting right now. Still no reissues to speak of, but I tried. and yes those floating around for cheap are bootlegs. that should be the first giveaway in identifying boots. is what you are seeing long out of print? yes. is it going for roughly the same price as a new CD? yes. that equals bootleg. sure there are exceptions to that rule, but 99% of the time those two will work.

RAVEN - back catalog owned by Sanctuary Music, which is in limbo because of sale from Universal to BMG Publishing. The Atlantic stuff is, well, not being reissued just like Overkill and Testament to name a few. WMG doesn't care.

MENTORS - have never been a fan, would be hard for me to get behind it.

TT QUICK - Megaforce did that right? I assume they still own the rights. and there is pretty much no money is putting out EPs which is why they don't do it if I were to guess.

EXE - have spoken to Rua about reissue and despite is starting off great, I get the cold shoulder now as he just seems disinterested. I did not know that Shrapnel owned Shatter Records, I have no recollection of that at all. I will email Varney about masters, however he won't license anything to labels in the USA. I have tried numerous times to get HEXX.

IMPALER - again, EP. see above.

DED ENGINE - Raising Hell did the second one, but that appears to be licensed from a different label than what the debut was released on. Could masters issue. Could be good idea for my "DIE HARD" series if only on vinyl. i will reach out.

NEW RENAISSANCE RECORDS STUFF - having read over an old NRR contract she most likely holds rights for most bands on the label. I tried to get Anvil Bitch (as I reissued their post AB band DOMINANCE already) to rock the boat with her and let me reissue the album, but they wouldn't go for it. Indestroy has been mentioned many times on here, but not sure they hold the rights.

Ded Engine is a good idea, both albums need reissuing, but I doubt masters exist. Lorimer is selling mp3 sourced cd's 2 on 1 through band's official site on CD-R's and with bad printed cover. The best thing is to rip vinyl and to release it like that.

Pretty Maids: I crave for 1982/83 demos. They are so awesome and arguably the best material they've ever done

I talked to them and they have no master recordings. Also the audio they have online ripped from LPs, they don't have lossless format of it.

But I will keep digging.

I have a lossless wav rip of a bootleg cd of Red, Raw and Bleeding which includes the Metalysed demo as bonus tracks if that is of any use to you?