What`s your favorite high end -guitar for recording metal?

recycle

Sep 12, 2007
Norway
Hey all!

What is your favorite studio or high end -guitar for tracking/recording metal?

We are talking studio use here! No axes for live performance (well, if you use it both in the studio AND live;))

cheers! :zombie:

Altough I haven't tried it's bigger brother, I like the LTD ec-1000 a lot. It plays good, tunes good and sounds good. Oh, and it looks good too. What's not to love!

I use Strictly 7s and various PRS. The pickups are more important than the guitar, assuming you're not playing a beater.

any Ibanez Prestige, TBH, w/EMG's or any other suitable replacement for the garbage they throw in there.

VERY KEEN to test the new Premium series on a record (which look absolutely STUNNING, btw...) it's just the neck isn't QUITE as fast as a Prestige.

there are so many awesome guitars for metal like esp, jacksons,...
but my favorite one was a bernie rico jr.. this guitar was godlike especially for metal recording..

Bernie-Rico-01.jpg

Bernie-Rico-02.jpg

but then i have sold it because i dont play metal anymore :p

I play more prog metal but these are my experiences and they might help...

I've got a few Ibanez Universe guitars and I've sworn by them for a long time, (and I still do) but I just got one of the new premium 7 strings. I thought I'd try it out since on paper all of the components were very close to the Universe and with some modification, it should be on the same level or even better "performance wise" but much more inexpensive. So I gave it a shot. I'm VERY satisfied with it, (I've been unsatisfied with a lot of Ibanez's low and mid range guitars for quite some time). I'm so satisfied with it, I just ended up ordering one of the new solid black 6 strings Ibanez just released. I would have gotten the solid black 7 string originally but it wasn't available. I'll probably eventually pick it up anyway. The quality of these guitars at the price range is a total steal. PREMUIM for the win! I love them.

The day it arrived...

photo04.JPG

After setup and pickup change...

photo05.jpg

My Ibanez SZ320 with EMG 81TW/60 sounds alright.

My ideal guitar for the kind of tone that I'm after would be a Les Paul or similar big, fat, heavy mahogany guitar with an EMG 81 in the bridge.

:)

there are so many awesome guitars for metal like esp, jacksons,...
but my favorite one was a bernie rico jr.. this guitar was godlike especially for metal recording..

Bernie-Rico-01.jpg

Bernie-Rico-02.jpg

but then i have sold it because i dont play metal anymore :p

^^ so sexy!!!:OMG:

My Ibanez SZ320 with EMG 81TW/60 sounds alright.

My ideal guitar for the kind of tone that I'm after would be a Les Paul or similar big, fat, heavy mahogany guitar with an EMG 81 in the bridge.

:)

No EMGs in mine, but it sounds pretty nice without being plugged in, plays well, stays in tune and
is just a nice guitar, seems like we're after a similar tone ;)

Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe with EMGs is almost the perfect guitar for me, I would love a longer scale
like 25,5 or 26,5 but it's still pretty nice.