What should Hypocrisy's next album sound like?

What should Hypocrisy's next album sound like?

• Penetralia

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Osculum Obscenum

• The Fourth Dimension

• Abducted

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • The Final Chapter

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Hypocrisy

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Into the Abyss

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Catch 22

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • The Arrival

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Virus

Votes: 23 39.0%

• Total voters
Zephyrus said:
Something like Virus but more epic-sounding, with choirs in the background and orchestra.

(Yes I'm a Dimmu fan.)

I'm not...so less choirs :Spin:

A natural evolution from virus would be fine, i love that album a great deal. More doom elements would suit me :D

I'm not sure whether I really need another Hypocrisy record at all, I've got so many of them by now. They'd better ask themselves "does the world really need another Hypocrisy album? Why?" before releasing yet another one.

If anything, it should "sound like" Catch 22 in terms of willingness to change and experiment.

and you should ask yourself if we need another post of you inhere :err:
hopefully peter will make music till he dies...again

I said abducted because that has my favorite song (Roswell 47) and a perfect mix of brutality with songs like "Killing Art" and slow melodic songs like "Slippin Away"

I've liked every Hypocrisy CD I've heard though

Since old Horgh joined the band I think that black metal elements may soon find their way into the band's material. We may expect Hypocrisy's next album, with Horgh's black metal influence, to sound a bit more blackened death, but still melodic. Perhaps taking cues from Behemoth or Naglfar in terms of categorical style.

Zephyrus said:
Since old Horgh joined the band I think that black metal elements may soon find their way into the band's material. We may expect Hypocrisy's next album, with Horgh's black metal influence, to sound a bit more blackened death, but still melodic. Perhaps taking cues from Behemoth or Naglfar in terms of categorical style.

i dont hope so...f**** BM
peter and mikael were in a blackmetal band in the 90s, can't see why horgh should influence the songswriting part so much.

Rotten Flesh said:
i dont hope so...f**** BM
peter and mikael were in a blackmetal band in the 90s, can't see why horgh should influence the songswriting part so much.

Peter and Mikael were in two bm bands in the early 90s: The Abyss and War. They were both awesome. You should also know that Horgh has already infulenced the songwriting in Hypocrisy since Peter said that Warpath was written because of Horgh. See, Horgh was in Immortal, so his roots are mainly black metal, and since Horgh is one of the best drummers in the world (miles above lars), Peter can finally start writing stuff that Lars couldn't play. Therefor Horgh is a huge influence.

Horgh is a huge improvement and allows for more complex drumming to happen. However I doubt he will turn Hypocrisy black metal. Hypocrisy already tried playing a different genre and we all know how that turned out.

cookiecutter said:
Horgh is a huge improvement and allows for more complex drumming to happen. However I doubt he will turn Hypocrisy black metal. Hypocrisy already tried playing a different genre and we all know how that turned out.

I never said they would try a completely different sound. I meant that their next set of material may have more blackish elements, but still 100% Hypocrisy.

Besides, even if they did go nuts and play straight black metal, I'm sure it would be better recieved by fans of extreme metal than did Catch 22.

A more blackish sound wouldn't hurt the band's reputation one bit. Fans like variation in bands' discographies, another Abducted or Virus would just be too redundant.

Peter Tagtgren has been hailed as a true renaissance man, so I'm sure he strives to forge new sounds out of the Hypocrisy template.

We arise from the ashes below
To battle and crush the holy war
We'll spread our seeds to change history
A genocide delivered on your doorstep
They will perish in the everlasting flame
And we demand a new great victory

A new era has begun, the world is falling
And darkness triumphs, the emperor has made his call
And now the time has come for us to dread his warning
The terror will reign, death upon us all

Hell is here, no escape
Hell is here, Mother Nature's raped

Fueled by the hate we plow across the burning nation
With blood dripping from our hands only to keep the essentials from our past
The great army of the black horde is marching on
Through the remains of the slaughtered men

If you never heard of Warpath and read those lyrics and guessed the genre, what would you say? BLACK METAL.

Rotten Flesh said:

When it comes to music, ignorance is not bliss. Open up and accept the fact that bands experiment and evolve, and they're not always going to morph to your liking, but eventually you accomodate and accept the change of pace, and that feeling is what metallers crave.

Zephyrus said:
When it comes to music, ignorance is not bliss. Open up and accept the fact that bands experiment and evolve, and they're not always going to morph to your liking, but eventually you accomodate and accept the change of pace, and that feeling is what metallers crave.

I couldn't have said it any better.

I do accept the fact that bands experiment and evolve(otherwise i couldn't be a big Hypo Fan as i am), but Black Metal ist the worst metal genre i can think of. I dont know why i think like that, but it's true. I will have a look at the new hypocrisy album when it's out, no matter what kind of style it is, but i goddam hope it's not going into black metal direction. maybe a black metal touch in hypos music would change my mind?? dunno

everytime i hear peter screaming i wanne cry, since i know how good he can growle...

Rotten Flesh said:
I do accept the fact that bands experiment and evolve(otherwise i couldn't be a big Hypo Fan as i am), but Black Metal ist the worst metal genre i can think of. I dont know why i think like that, but it's true. I will have a look at the new hypocrisy album when it's out, no matter what kind of style it is, but i goddam hope it's not going into black metal direction. maybe a black metal touch in hypos music would change my mind?? dunno

everytime i hear peter screaming i wanne cry, since i know how good he can growle...

Perhaps you only know of black metal in its rawest forms (i.e. Immortal, Bathory, early Mayhem). But black metal itself is evolving with more progressive, avantgardistic elements. Just take a look at Arcturus and Borknagar or even Dimmu Borgir.

Rotten Flesh said:

Peter is the best screamer in the world and black metal is one of the best genres out there.