what should we expect for the next album?

Supernova

Jan 15, 2005
The Disclosure
first of all I CANT FUCKING WAIT
September is just too far away, so I needed to start this started in order to ease the pain (haha no pun intended)

what do you guys (and ladies) expect for the next album? here are a couple of issues about which Ive been wondering...

1) is it going to be a slower pace album like the self titled and the Arrival, or a killer like the final Chapter and into the Abyss, or something more experimental like Catch 22?

2) are Peter and Mikael going to be the only songwritters for this release or are the new members contributing too?

I had more issues to discuss but I cant remember cuz Im drunk now and it took me 10 fucking minutes to write that so I'll come back later with more meat on the bone :headbang:

Supernova said:
2) are Peter and Mikael going to be the only songwritters for this release or are the new members contributing too?

I know that one reason for taking Holma was, that he's a good songwriter.
I guess he'll influence the songwriting part.

In an interwiev Peter said that they have more brutal songs than on The Arrival with more blast beats. So that's clearly Horgh's influence! Don't know whether he wrote own songs though.

great!
but I do hope its not gonna be like Into the Abyss...with songs that simply lacked the Hypocrisy personality...something like the Final Chapter would be just fucking awesome

oh and another thing...
vocally what should we expect from Peter?
Something much like The Arrival?

Im hoping to hear more of the loud low pitch growling voice like in the Final Chapter (ie Lies, Inquire Within)
and maybe a lot of mixed voices too, like in Until the end or Elastic inverted visions

but nonethless, I dont fear, I know Peter is gonna deliver, hes just the BEST vocalist in all the fucking music industry! o_O :hotjump: :cool:

I hope Peter does some vocal work similar to what he did for the new Bloodbath, that's one of my favorite vocal performances by him.

Firefest9 said:
i want more variety of songs like on Abducted and the self titled. It would be nice to hear some of peter's clean vocals again on a hypocrisy album.

my thoughts exactly
a song like Slippin away, Paled empty spheres or All turns black would be most welcomed!

Supernova said:
my thoughts exactly
a song like Slippin away, Paled empty spheres or All turns black would be most welcomed!

your nailed it!!! those clean vocals on the self titled were so bad ass! All turns black is one of my FAVORATE hypocrisy songs of all time!!!!

I've found an interview with Peter with lots of information about the new album (its in german. i translate :) ): here we go:

The new album will be heavier and more brutal but a lot better and on a higher level than the very old stuff.

Horgh was a big inspiration for Peter because he is such a good drumer and plays on a very high level and complex stuff (Lars was more the AC/DC drumer said peter. he played th same over and over^^).

But the album will also include the typical hypocrisy-midtempo songs with los of atmosphere. It will be a kind of collection of all the things that Hypocrisy play really good (my englisch vocabulary is so small... sry *g*).

That sounds much like Into the Abyss i think. Maybe a mixture between The Arrival and Into the Abyss. It would be so awesome!!!!!!

After hearing the Audio induced AIDS that was Catch22 and The Arrival, I would expect that Hypocrisy would continue their downward spiral from excellence, but be better than Catch22. As Catch22 was pure AIDS, and The Arrival was AIDS but with a side of expensive cocktail drugs, I expect the next album to be better than the previous two albums, but not nearly as good as the self titled, Final Chapter, or dare I say it, the inhuman awesomeness of the Masse Broberg era Hypocrisy.

My only other hope, is that Peter's short stint with Bloodbath on Nightmares Made Flesh might have infused some of his long lost connection to what epic death metal used to be like.

dsoul said:
After hearing the Audio induced AIDS that was Catch22 and The Arrival, I would expect that Hypocrisy would continue their downward spiral from excellence, but be better than Catch22. As Catch22 was pure AIDS, and The Arrival was AIDS but with a side of expensive cocktail drugs, I expect the next album to be better than the previous two albums, but not nearly as good as the self titled, Final Chapter, or dare I say it, the inhuman awesomeness of the Masse Broberg era Hypocrisy.

My only other hope, is that Peter's short stint with Bloodbath on Nightmares Made Flesh might have infused some of his long lost connection to what epic death metal used to be like.

Dude YOUR AIDS!!!!! how could you say that The Arrival was bad? Its a very solid record. I understand the beef with Catch 22, but even that record has some great parts.

The "old" Masse era stuff is good, but its adolescent and they have grown beyond the "old epic death metal" that you refer to. Dont get me wrong, i fucking love Masse's vocals on those first 2 albums, but Peter's voice is MUCH better!