What song/album/band changed your perspective on music?

MetallicSlayerDeth

Staring into your soul...
Sep 1, 2009
Sweden
For me the big one is:

Evile - Enter The Grave - Thrasher

It took me out of only listening to the big 4 and opened up a whole new universe of metal.

Also the last 4 songs in guitar hero 3, since they introduced me to metal.

And surprisingly:

Metallica - Death Magnetic

That's the one that made me like metallica:lol:

Damn man, there's a hell of a lot for me....

Infected Nations certainly gave me hope for the future of thrash, simply because Evile had the massive balls required to do something different

Demolition Hammer in general, because it's frankly the heaviest music I've ever heard

..... That's all for now, I'm too tired to think of more haha

Judas Priest - Metal Works '73-'93 - Electric Eye and Painkiller

Opened my mind from hard rock to the world of heavy metal and inspired me to start my album collection.

Napalm Death - The Code is Red. Turned me onto more metal and the main one being Sepultura. Snowballed from there. Got into loads of death metal (and still love it). Had a bash with thrash and realised it was almost all the same and boring as fuck. But with all that going on I've just been branching out into non metal genres because there's so much stuff and I can't be fucked keeping up with metal.

Iron Maiden - Powerslave the song was my first favourite song ever.
Metallica - Master of Puppets cemented my obsession with metal
Slowly we Rot by Obituary was my introduction to death metal
King Diamond- "Them" was one of the most intense listening experiences ever
Mr Bungle - California simply unlocked my brain into appreciating every single idiom of music when it works for the song, which simply has no limits in terms of songwriting.

Children Of Bodom made me listen to heavier stuff...believe it or not :lol: i think it was one of their earlier records.

Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil
Got me into metal, and is still one of my favorite albums.

The "Darkness. Imprisoning me..."-part from the ending of Metallicas 'one'. And Egonomic by In Flames

I first read this as The Darkness - Imprisoning Me, and I was all like

ohYeahhhh.gif

But then I realised it wasn't to be, so I was like:

sad-cat.jpg

hmmm, i guess it's because of metallica that i listen to metal.
and children of bodom was the first band that showed me the real technical shit
amon amarth got me into death metal ( and please, don't start the whole viking metal debate ><!
and Machine Head inspired me also a lot, not just for my vision on music but on life to. The whole ''fuck it we will do what we want''- thing when they were forced to write some radio-hits.. they refused and that made them an unsigned band, then did want they wanted ''making heavy fucking metal'' and that got them signed again.

1.jpg

And just so I'm on topic, Opeth's "Watershed" got me into alot of heavier metal. I fucking love that album.