what song are you currently addicted to?

progressive metal fucking pwns... are you serious metal wrath?? some of these guys play like 6 or 7 different genres throughout 1 album - best metal guitarists in the world are in progressive metal. And aren't you an opeth fan?? so how can you hate progressive metal??

I am an Opeth fan, but they don't fall into the same category as Prog-metal bands. Although they are Progressive, there aren't alot of similarities between DT and Opeth for example...

Actually, those bands are sort of a Prog/Power metal combination, while Opeth are Prog/Death metal

I am an Opeth fan, but they don't fall into the same category as Prog-metal bands. Although they are Progressive, there aren't alot of similarities between DT and Opeth for example...

Actually, those bands are sort of a Prog/Power metal combination, while Opeth are Prog/Death metal

prog metal is prog metal...

you can't claim to hate prog metal when one of your favorite bands is PROG METAL!!!

prog metal is prog metal...

you can't claim to hate prog metal when one of your favorite bands is PROG METAL!!!

Actually I can, and as I mentioned Opeth are not Power/Prog, they don't have operatic singing, mindless wankery, d&d themes...they are a completely different subgenre, the only similarity I can find is that they both have unorthodox song structures

Opeth - The Amen Corner
Katatonia - Quiet World
Diabolical Masquerade - "Death's Design"
Edge of Sanity - "Crimson"
Bloodbath - Breeding Death
Arcturus - For to End yet Again
Enslaved - RUUN
Drudkh - Furrows of Gods
Ulver - "Blood Inside"

Agalloch: She Painted Fire Across the Skyline - Part 3

2:56

This part always amazes me everytime.

Communic - Communication Sublime.

Simply divine. Norwegian Prog Metal is greatness.

Metal Wrath said:
I hate progressive metal, most of those bands (DT, POS, SymphX) are not even interesting, let alone good. Their singers sound gay and they are way too cheesy and overdramatic...

You have got to be kidding. I'll give you that Dream Theater may become boring after awhile (they still are a great band though), but Progressive Metal is one of the best genres of metal.

agalloch-not unlike the waves

0:55

This is one of the greatest guitar riffs I have heard in recent years. When I play it on my stereo set ups it's just fucking crushing also and just grooves hard.

Agalloch - Limbs
3:08
FTW

such a mainstream accessible riff, and then the amazing vocals come in (5:06) and redeem it as a great song to draw people into folk/black

Hammerfall - Born To Rule
Hammerfall - Crimson Thunder
Hammerfall - Never, Ever
Nightingale - To the End
Primal Fear - Diabolus
Sinner - Dark Soul
Einherjer - Dead Knight's Rite (<<can't get enough of that shit!)
Mithotyn - Upon Raging Waves (Promo '96)
Pagan Reign - In Winter Embraces
Mirzadeh - Fullmoon Dream (2006)
Wyrd - Aijeke (<<whole album is amazing actually)
To Die For - Lies (For Fools) (<<great lyrics)