What songs make you cry?

Yeah, that's true, I don't think anything by SX has ever made me CRY. But there are many emotional parts in their music, like you've already mentioned in "The Odyssey".

One person who did make me cry was Damian Wilson on the live album. Man, that guy sings with so much emotion it's unbelivable! But strange enough, Russell's never made me cry. I think he's too much positive energy to make me cry. He just makes me smile like an idiot. :D

I think almost the whole Damnation album is tearworthy stuff... Death Whispered a Lullaby...

Another song that brings tears to my eyes is from a finnish band Timo Rautiainen & Trio Niskalaukaus. The name of the song is "Jäähyväiset" which translates to "A goodbye". It tells a true story of Timos friend who one night - without an apparent reason - went out and threw himself in front of a truck. The final verses that really have me reaching for a hankerchief are translated somewhat like this:

"If you could somehow have the last hour back
Thank or say goodbye? How would one divide that time?"

I think songs that make people cry are actually more down to a personal relationship with the song opposed to it being some soppy ballard which usually makes me want to vomit blood, especially when it's a power metal band.

Infinite Dreams by Iron Maiden has made me cry because it's lyrically a masterpiece and musically magic.

Through her eyes by Dream Theater made me want to sit next to an angry bee's nest with jam smeared all over my naked body in a hope that the bee's would sting away all memory of the worst most OTT song in history. Fucking spoilt an otherwise great album.

Strato's song, "Venus in the Morning" did that to me at first. It was hella inspiring. "Ethereal" was the word that came to mind for it. The keyboard/guitar solo for DT's "Pull Me Under" did that. DT's cover of Rush's "Tears" makes me cry. Also, "Scarred", "Will My Soul Ever Rest In Peace", and "The Edge of Forever".

Jeez, am I a crybaby??
bawl1.gif

HAHAH
lol.gif

Dream Theater - Space Dye Vest (the outro when James starts singing 'there's no-one to take my blame'.

Plenty of other emotional moments but that one usually strikes a nerve.

'Requiem' by Opeth
I don't know how, the song just makes me cry.....well, almost then.

'Candlelight Fantasia' by...oh you know :)
I don't have to explain this, just very emotional lyrics and the song itself is beautiful.

'The Odyssey' is also one of those songs which can bring a tear to my eye. Especially the 'Journey to Ithaca' or 'Champion of Ithaca' part.

to live is to die - metallica
through her eyes - DT

the accolade II - SX

"i wish to stay, to be here with you...
you were my strenght, how can i go on?"

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Medusa's eyes said:
I forgot to mention Through Her Eyes and Finally Free by Dream Theater... :p

Oh dear Jeebus, "Finally Free", I forgot about that one!! Also don't forget the solo with JP and Theresa Tompson or whatever her name is, before "Through her eyes" in the Live Scenes From NY 3 CD/DVD.

And also Iced Earth's "Melancholy (Holy Martyr)" and "I Died For You" and "Ghost of Freedom".

from DT:

--Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence(the concept song)
--Surrounded
--Learning to Live

from Symphony X:

--The Accolade II
--The Divine Wings of Tragedy(end part)
--The Lady of the Snow

from Stratovarius:

--Venus in the Morning(yup, it struck a chord in me too)

@ Pharoah, that was a horrible storey. Man, shit happens ay? I didn't know that.

Now I can appreciate the true meaning of the song.

The Metal Chick said:
I had a dream last night that Kamelot's 'Nights of Arabia' made me cry. I'm so infected by this forum that I'm now dreaming about the threads...holy crap...

:lol: that's funny!

I always have very silly dreams about the coversations I had with friends or about Symphony X or whatever. Or people wanna kill me and throw stones and knifes at me or people shoot at me o_O