what the fuck to do with my life plz

yeah ... for Accounting ... finishes finally in 6 weeks ... she is 36 ... and has 10 years experience in the field (in Poland) already PRIOR to going to college ... but in the US, you need a freaking degree to be even a bean counter

I feel a bit like freaking out this fall because I have a degree and work within the field of my education and I'm ONLY 27... That being said: you are not too old to be studying at 26 (take a look at universitetet, quite a lot of older peepz) oh and student loans have really nice payment plans btw.

27's gettin on up there, tbh

Haha, I'm not saying I'm not grown up and stuff, I have 2 kids and all, I can't fool anyone - but if I think ahead I (hopefully) have about 40 years left until retirement and then 27 doesn't feel that old anymore (at least not when it comes to work).

Stop listening to all this namby-pamby normal-stuff picket-fence nonsense and do something awesome:

Example (I only use this because I was just looking at some of the programs on the site to do this year, specifically the animal conservation ones):

www.travellersworldwide.com Do a few of these, start networking, than do it as a job somewhere awesome (whatever your choice is).

I don't have a car, I don't have a house, I don't have a cellphone, or anything. But, I also don't have any debt be it student loans, house loans, car loans, loans loans loans.

Live a life of adventure and fuck what your 'supposed' to do. You started that thread about selling belongings and such, just keep doing it and set out on the road. If you truly want to make a change, it's going to be daunting/scary/risky/whatever. You just have to jump man. You'll remember the exact moment you made the decision for the rest of your life as well. (Or at least for years and years, haha, I can't say if I'll remember mine when I'm an old fart, but I remember it now). Well, more like the moment when all of the things that where in your head growing up, the things you said you wanted to do and be but people told you where silly, finally make it too the front of your brain and you say 'fuck it, they are wrong, time to live'. I'm sure for each person it's a different thing, so no one can tell you what it is, but it's there.

This quote right here sums up how I attempt to live my life:

"Do not sleep under a roof. Carry no money or food. Go alone to places frightening to the common brand of men. Become a criminal of purpose. Be put in jail, and extricate yourself by your own wisdom."
- Miyamoto Musashi

So far so good.

ad·ven·tur·er
noun
1.a person who has, enjoys, or seeks adventures.
2.a seeker of fortune in daring enterprises; a soldier of fortune.

EDIT: Also WTF at this 'too old' attitude? You're never to fuckin' old man. Fuck that.

I think you should jump on the scary road that says SEND JOHANNA THE PENTAX ADAPTER - most rewarding thing EVER

:p

I think you should jump on the scary road that says SEND JOHANNA THE PENTAX ADAPTER - most rewarding thing EVER

:p

I am the worst internet-friend ever, it's been like a year, faaaahk. When I go to Boston for thanksgiving I will.

:( :( :(

i think going to college/university/higher studies straight out of high school is for the birds.

maybe 10% of people that do (or are forced by society to do) know what they really want to be. and certainly college won't "teach" you how that potential dream career will pan out.

So I'm one of those birds? Fuck. I've been going to college for 7 years, and I have 2-3 more years left.

I also have no idea what I'll do after I graduate. Even if I get a PhD, I'll probably just get a shitty job and just drink all day. What I mean is that I think after grad school I'd be perfectly content with having a job that is in science, but moderately boring.

I am not saying that college is bad ... just saying that attending it RIGHT AFTER high school is a bad idea.

Do any of you honestly believe that you know for sure what you want to be when you are 17-18 y/o? ...

I am not saying that college is bad ... just saying that attending it RIGHT AFTER high school is a bad idea.

Do any of you honestly believe that you know for sure what you want to be when you are 17-18 y/o? ...

Yeah, I attended college RIGHT after high school. Meaning I graduated in May and was taking classes in July. I've been there ever since.