What the hell happened to Metallica ??

Trey Parker said:
i blame whatever country danish people come from (dane? dania? dansylvania?)
Denmark you fag.

@topic
It?s hard to think that 80?s Metallica (NWOBHM) whom was a major inspiration to me back then, is the same band today,
Newsflash for you: It's not the same band anymore.
Opeth isn't the same band anymore than back in 1992.
Megadeth isn't the same band anymore.
And 2347856234756234905623478056 of other bands aren't the same anymore too than in the begining.
You know, that's something that you call progression.

But what the hell, anybody who doesn't listen to Metallica anymore since the Black Album, because they aren't "Metal" anymore(ROTFL), aren't worth to be taken for real.

Saber Rider said:
Newsflash for you: It's not the same band anymore....You know, that's something that you call progression.

I know it's not the same band anymore. But considering James & Lars made up like 90% of the band, it's close. And everyone progresses, just some don't do it wisely.

And I normally don't post new threads in this forum, and I didn't see the previous "Metallica Bashing" thread. It was just hot on my mind and figured I would rant about the documentary. If people didn't care, this thread would have been buried. ;)

Well, I saw the docu as well and I have to say that the most gay thing I ever saw is Mustaine whining about how much it had hurt him being kicked out of metallica. I could understand if it happened 1 year ago, but since have already passed 20 years or so...

NeverIsForever said:
Doesn't Mustaine have a reputation for being a complete asshole anyway?

Yeah, but so does almost every other main mouthpiece of a prolific band. Steven Tyler, Lars Ulrich, Ted Nugent.. hell, Gene Simmons made an album signifying this kind of reputation. They're all ego-maniacs to some degree.

Dorian I will agree with you about the 23rd psalm thing.. that song does suck. But most of his work on the new album is very good, its much better than the past 3 albums as a whole. Hell, the only songs i dont like is the die dead enough and the last two. I think all the others are pieced together very well, and have a really vintage but rock/metal vibe to them.

To what you said about Friedman.. yes some of his work was very good, until after he started becoming a worthless pop loving queer. Him backing away was the best thing that ever happened to Megadeth at the time. HE and some other influences were steering the band in the wrong direction, the world needs a hero was dave trying to get back on track, which almost worked, the system has failed is more along the lines of what i would expect from a 45 year old metal head, and I think its great. Give him more respect.

Mustaine isnt an asshole.. he just says things bluntly because he has no reason to hide what he says, and he doesnt care what people think about him. Some of my friends would probably say the same thing about me.. its just that i dont have an ego to light that fire.

NeverIsForever said:
Doesn't Mustaine have a reputation for being a complete asshole anyway?
That does get exaggerated.. if you have seen alot of his documentaries and backstage junk, his posts on his forum etc, you would understand more.(im not saying you dont know anything, if you know what i mean)

Yeah dude, when he made that big post as to why he got the new band members, he went over and explained as to why he kicked the former members out. If he was truthful in what he said about them, then yeah I woulda kicked them out too. They were sueing him and playing guitar for japanese pop bitches and hitting on his old lady. He just tells it like it is. Nothing wrong with that. I know Dave will never see this but Megadeth > Metallica! James cant even compare to Dave on rhythm. (off topic, I know)

i saw that interview. i laughed my ass off as he flamed on all the musicians who made his band what it's famous for. what an egomaniac. if you actually take the time to read it, its so hypocritical its almost comical.

actually, it is comical. is there some issue with japanese pop music i'm not aware of? friedman is a great player. and please, don't tell me mustaine's statement about dimebag wasn't just "don't worry folks, i'm still here"

Saber Rider said:
You know, that's something that you call progression.
progression, or regression?
But what the hell, anybody who doesn't listen to Metallica anymore since the Black Album, because they aren't "Metal" anymore(ROTFL), aren't worth to be taken for real.
raise your hand if you said that. anyone? doesn't matter what genre it is, st. anger bites.

Silent Song said:
i saw that interview. i laughed my ass off as he flamed on all the musicians who made his band what it's famous for. what an egomaniac. if you actually take the time to read it, its so hypocritical its almost comical.

actually, it is comical. is there some issue with japanese pop music i'm not aware of? friedman is a great player. and please, don't tell me mustaine's statement about dimebag wasn't just "don't worry folks, i'm still here"

Whoa. Where is this interview?

don't forget the interview ones. let me find them and edit this.

hmmm for some reason megadeth.com isn't working for me. it was in the forum, some dudes were saying his old band was better and he came on and trashed on friedman and everybody, made up stories (even if these were true, they are obviously vastly exaggerated) and glorified his new mediocrity. i gotta find the words straight from the mouth of dave, because that makes it twice as funny.

sknight said:
And it's documented pretty well that RTL, and MOP was written after Artillery taught them how to play. No Artillery=no Metallica.

And who's Artillery?

The frying of Hetfields brain from whatever substances he was on can contribute to shitty music. When you are a multimillionare who gives a shit what the fans think when you have to worry about the Butler Maid mustache groomer the group therapy weirdo and of course the ultimate downfall Bob Cock. Lars is the brainwashed cocky fucker who thinks guitar solos are outdated fuck him. Hopefally Rob T the bassist can talk some sense into them which I doubt since Hetfield is supposedly sober now. Metallica don't even listen to metal, they don't even know there is whole new wave of european metal which inspired them from day one they might as well go country.