what things makes you happy?

As mentionned above, positive thinking will make you feel better if done well. The problem is, the root thought "I am not happy but I'm trying to be through positive thinking" often remains. In other words, you identify with the positive thinker instead of the positive thinking. That's a cruxial point.

On the other hand, if done properly, positive thinking can support and shift your nightmare into a pleasant dream. But at this stage, it is still only translative, never transformative. It is a contraction, not a release. You are still clinging to a sense of identity and live according to your definition of good/bad.

Ive compiled a list:-

-Ben and jerrys ice cream
-Miller draft
-The phrase 'its miller time!'
-Selling expensive shoes to middle aged spinsters while they eat out of the palm of my hand
-My Custom 24
-Buying Music
-Spending quality time with friends
-Sneering at people
-Internet
-Having 'Girl time' (rofl)
-Danny careys drumming
-Wacken
-Sugared cereals and cartoons.

I think it's always good to realise there isn't such thing as "happiness".
Of course there is the thing called "feeling good", for the better of the worse, but that never should be seen as a goal to reach, because there isn't a way to feeling good that you can choose to walk. You cán though more or less choose to see things different, in a different perspective. Trying to let the bad things from your past not influence your present life and seeing beauty in how things are as they are, are examples of making the step to feeling good. That beauty can clearly been seen in music, so you can use music to make yourself feel better. Don't only listen to music because you want to drown yourself in the beautiful melancholic sorrow, but try different styles of music; especially "happier" music. Probably there's a blockade to listening to "happier" just for the principle against it. If that is true, break through that blockade...
Hmm, life is what it is, so you have the entire freedom to change your way of looking at it. Try to be sure you're opened up for anything, otherwise you're probably in a downward spiral.
And finally:
I think trying to reach "happiness" even causes you to be pushed away from it...

these are my thoughts on it... I can't really explain everything exactly how I would want you to understand, but lets hope you'll see something in it

It's interesting that this topic arised just now, 'cause I've been feeling very different this past week. I think I'm actually feeling flat out good most of the time, even if I have a hard time growing into it. I just try and think about the things I actually do have and I realize things could be much worse.

That said, I'm still reluctant to feel this good. I just feel that life will take something away if I just allow myself to enjoy things once in a while.

It's interesting that this topic arised just now, 'cause I've been feeling very different this past week. I think I'm actually feeling flat out good most of the time, even if I have a hard time growing into it. I just try and think about the things I actually do have and I realize things could be much worse.

we will never be happy unless we can have gratitude for what we already have......

Ive compiled a list:-
-Selling expensive shoes to middle aged spinsters while they eat out of the palm of my hand

Al_Bundy3.jpg

i'll get my coat

Positive things:

Music
Sex
Love
Going to shows
Traveling
Spontaneity

Trolls
Blind Guardian
Mead
Bullet Belts
Angra
JRR Tolkein
Troll Blood
Cheese
Guitar Tabs
Jesus

NO!

Sparks, Walking, Vinyl, New Katatonia Albums, Working with pleasent people, Black clothes, Metal jacket, Good food, British humor, Not people who listen to Lordi, Satan and the quest for more knowledge...of the sloth.