What Time is it? Time for a new live album?!

Yeah Kirk Hammet, even if the man is severely lacking in the technical department, is probably better known than all the other G3 members combined lol...

If they mix it up with more songs from the early days like from SW, sure.
But that's not going to happen, so no need for another live dvd just yet

Alexi isn't good enough for G3. I think he is great composer, and i like his playing style but to be honest, he is far from being as good guitarist as he used to be + - 8 years ago. I don't know whats the reason, alcohol or lack of practice, but its true.

listen alexi is my favorite guitarist by far but...as far as G3 is concerned, i just dont think alexi has got what it takes. i mean vai, petrucci and those guys are just f-ing machines, they dont fuck up....ever!!! alexi has gotten pretty sloppy and careless, if he tried i know he could be a hundred times better but even then i dont think he could touch those guys as far as mechanics are concerned, and that is what G3 is all about. 90% of the songs suck but it is just awesome to watch people play that have such a mastery over their instrument, really pwn that shit. i really hate to say that though.....

listen alexi is my favorite guitarist by far but...as far as G3 is concerned, i just dont think alexi has got what it takes. i mean vai, petrucci and those guys are just f-ing machines, they dont fuck up....ever!!! alexi has gotten pretty sloppy and careless, if he tried i know he could be a hundred times better but even then i dont think he could touch those guys as far as mechanics are concerned, and that is what G3 is all about. 90% of the songs suck but it is just awesome to watch people play that have such a mastery over their instrument, really pwn that shit. i really hate to say that though.....
Really? Petrucci is one of those guys? Every time I watch him post-bear-metamorphosis he gets worse and worse.

And Mitch, you said "Reform Sinergy", have they officially split? I'd like to see Sinergy again, but without Kim on vocals, Marco on vocals would be awesome. He can actually sing, unlike that tone deaf she-pig.

Really? Petrucci is one of those guys? Every time I watch him post-bear-metamorphosis he gets worse and worse.

HAHAHA!!!

I know what you mean...one day he is clean cut skinny guy, the next time I see him he must weigh 100lbs more and has long hair again. I swear that guys does roids...or has. Maybe thats why he plays so fast......Growth Hormone needled 24/7 into his hands.

blah...live albums suck. true men write original new material, and warriors write great new material...

new album has to be great, or no album at all.

Gotta agree man, if your going to make a album you need to Jari Maenpaa it! (New term for overkill perfection!) What if they made new material and went straight to the live performance instead of studio!!! Thats what real MAN BEASTS do! Besides I think most will agree with me, COB live is 1000x better than their studio stuff has ever been.

What would Laiho play at G3? If it was an Bodom, it'd just be instrumental versions of the songs he plays everyday...

Sioux City Sarsaparilla could be an option, but I don't think he's really got enough suitable material to even be considered. He needs to do a solo album first...:D

I'd like that idea :)

From what I gather from it it is where the 3 top guitarists of a generation tour together, showing off how awesome they are and beating the crap out of each other with their guitar skills...pretty awesome :D

I mean shit guys, Herman Li got in one time...

And to add, Alexi Laiho's reputation in the guitar jockey world is terrible, but the guy is arguably the fastest guitarist alive today

Easy for you:

-G3 is Satriani's tour of him and 2 great guitarists he decides to invite. The 2nd spot tends to be quite fix (used to be Vai, lately is Petrucci) and the 3rd keeps rotating.

-Herman Li? When has he been on G3?

-Speed is not by any means the main focus of G3, and that beeing said and me beeing a big Alexi fanboi, Alexi's not even close to the fastest guy. Paul Gilbert, Jeff Loomis, John Petrucci... are quite a bit faster than him.

their recent attempts at kissing the shadows live were the biggest piles of dogshit i've ever seen

I actually watched the Montreal 2009 show and I really don't see where the criticism is coming. The only thing I could point was that Janne was maybe a bit lazy with the solos, but otherwise particularly Alexi was on spot.

Or they could just reform SINERGY. :D

Agreed again :)

g3 with laiho would be awsome, but forget it for now, its kinda impossible... perhaps in 10years from now. more faster would be kirk hammet there for ex.

Yeah Kirk Hammet, even if the man is severely lacking in the technical department, is probably better known than all the other G3 members combined lol...

:lol: at you two. Kirk Hammett??? He was good back in the days, but he's fucking shit nowadays. If I were him and I had recorded the leads on Master Of Puppets and all those albums and heard Death Magnetic or his live solos nowadays I'd kill myself. He's sloopy as fuck, a joke of what he's been. Plus he can't go anywhere beyond his wah, pentatonics and Metallica.

What if they made new material and went straight to the live performance instead of studio!!! Thats what real MAN BEASTS do! Besides I think most will agree with me, COB live is 1000x better than their studio stuff has ever been.

They can do that. Wasn't COB one of the few bands who could play new songs life before the album was released? It's just that they don't want to do that anymore because of the recordings and stuff.
Which makes me wonder by the way: they don't want it because the quality is so shitty, so what if they played a new song that is recorded for a dvd and is thus in high quality? Then there is nothing to complain about, right? Well there is, but I'm just not mentioning that.