What would u consider opeth's most "popular " song...!!!!!

A quick peak at Lastfm shows In My Time of Need to be the most played song. But I suppose most played doesn't necessarily mean the most popular, depending on your definition of "popular". It's only just above Windowpane as well, perhaps 'something off damnation' has some truth to it.

i would say patterns in the ivy II
i agree with uponanoakenthrone, but every type of fan has heard this song at least 1000 times.
personally though, i think that To Bid You Farewell is the most popular song

i would say patterns in the ivy II
i agree with uponanoakenthrone, but every type of fan has heard this song at least 1000 times.
personally though, i think that To Bid You Farewell is the most popular song

Patterns in the Ivy II is a great song but its not one of thier more popular ones. Most people dont even know it exists unless they invest more time than the average listener to discover all that the band has to offer. I have to admit I didnt know about the song for a while because I bought Blackwater Park before the Special Edition came out and I never bothered to look into it. Like I said though it is a great song, if they had released it as a normal track on Blackwater Park it probably would have been much more popular.

I would say

Black rose immortal
Demon of the fall
The drapery falls
Delverance
Ghost of perdition

And tgc isnt really that popular its just the only proper opeth song that got released, from what i see most fans hate the song.

The grand conjuration definitely, but take the fact, that all opeth songs are somewhat unique and fit in to some mood or life period (In witch the songs were probobly created) to go through. So no song is a sell-out in my view, just the band thinks differently.