what would you like the new album to be?

what would you like the next album to be?

• growls or a heavier sound

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • more electronics/ keyboards

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • female vox

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • another digipack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • some lyrics written by Anders

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • some music written by Jonas

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • a video included ( like opeth rerelease of BWP)

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • a bonus track in Swedish

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • a thicker booklet with more photos

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • other

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
Dude, this is just like the thread I started the other day!!

From the choices you offered, though, I chose thicker booklet... especially if it's up to the standards of the last 3!

Originally posted by requiem
Dude, this is just like the thread I started the other day!!

Actually it's slightly different because i would like to know not how do people expect the new album to be, but if they could choose,what would they put in the new album?
And the options were the first that came to my mind ( i'm waiting for further addictions), so I'm just curious to know if someone has something to suggest...
but ok, maybe I've been too pedantic!:p

i can only pick one?? aww :( i went with video, as i like videos and i'm unlikely to ever see katatonia on mtv ;) really tho, i'd like to have picked all of them except female vox and growls, i think (can't see the poll options now, think that i liked all the other things tho :p ) basically, i want them to make the best record they can. if it comes out on a cd-r in a paper sleeve, then i'll be happy - the rest would just be cool bonuses...

I don´t care the growls..... I just want a heavier sound, that´s all.

Oh well..... not a heavier sound.... I want something like any album except for "Tonight´s Decision" or "LFDGD".

Sorry, but I don´t like them very much....

what would you like the new album to be?

Available! :lol:

...without a three month delay, that is.

Otherwise I don't care too much. I like everything Katatonia have ever done, so I'm pretty confident that I'll like the new album as well.

So now I'm waiting for a bonus track in Swedish with female growls that Anders wrote the lyrics for, double bass and lots of electronics/keyboards...;)

Originally posted by phyre
Where is the "corpsepaint on band photos again and the real names (lord seth, blakkheim) like on the one real Katatonia record" option?
Check the bithday dates of Katatonia members (and my as well), we all almost 30-old farters and put a corpsepaint it is available would mean to return to a kindergarten...

I want it to be released on vinyl as well :cool:
Peaceville doesn't seem to like LPs, otherwise there would have been vinyl versions for both TD and LFDGD :(

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
Where's the grindcore option??

Gee, he's funny, isn't he. :)

If anything, I'd like another 'Last Fair Deal' simply because this is the most amazing album I've heard. Not technically, or atmospherically, but there's just something about it. I can't put my finger on it...

Either that or a thicker booklet....

I hope the new album goes back to the Darkthroneish riffing and repetition of BMD. Hypnotic riffs, slowly pounding drums and wails of desperation would make the next Katatonia album perfect. Not that that will happen of course.

I'd go with Phyre. A record sounding a bit more like Tonight's decision and Discouraged ones would be great. That means,less electronics and more guitar fill-ins,more of these moody moments. Less is more.
But i guess this won't happen:cry:
So i just hope that they carry on doing great music.
A track in swedish would be cool,just to see what kind of atmosphere it creates.