what would you like to see thrax play live?

Casey C

Riding Shotgun
Apr 5, 2002
Butler PA
Visit site
What would you like to see anthrax perform next time they roll through your area? Not a whole setlist but songs you would like to hear them play. I would like them to play mostly newer stuff, but that's just me :).

STD/FOM Melody

Among the Living:

Any song really, you can count on atleast 3 from ATL

State of Euphoria:

Not sure

Persistence Of Time:

In my world
Keep it in the Family

I'm the man/Bring the noise mix

Sound of White Noise:

Potters Field
Invisble
c11 h17... whatever :)

Stomp 442:

Riding shotgun
Perpetual motion
Fueled

Volume 8:
P & V
Alpha Male
Born Again Idiot

Alot of mine are one's that they probably don't play that often. I really think that they should aim less for the popular songs and more at the songs that get things going. Especially since they usually have a short stage time.

Originally posted by Casey C
I really think that they should aim less for the popular songs and more at the songs that get things going. Especially since they usually have a short stage time.
A popular Anthrax song. Does that exist anymore? How do you judge it to be popular?

If the conventional use of "popular" gets used, then that would be the Anthrax songs that get the most radio play. Lots to choose from there...that would mean a label that actually promotes the band and the general population getting there thumbs out of their asses. Anthrax hasn't had a "popular" song by that definition since Bring the Noise, and the bandwagon jumpers that would have seen them 10 years ago have long since fallen off the wagon.

If popular songs mean the songs that the fans like the most, that could be anything, because from this board alone, you can see that some people like older stuff better, some like newer stuff, some people like this song, others another...it would be pretty hard to get consensus.

If popular means the songs that the band has released (to the one or two stations, if they still exist, that might have the balls to play it), then this has to do with a negotiation between what the bands favorite tracks are, and what the labels think will help sell more albums. If that is the case, Anthrax will play them because they like playing them. If they like playing them, they'll put more energy into playing them, and the end result is an awesome show, regardless of whether they play your or my favorite song.

So what do I want to hear them play live? Fuck, I just want to hear them play live...period. I'd love to hear them play Tester, but I'll take anything.

As always I would love to hear shit like
Burst
Toast to the extras
Random acts
Catharsis
and last but not least GUNG HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bush sounds amazing on that track.

By popular I mean ones that they play at almost every show.

Caught in a mosh, Among the Living, Only, and so on...

It's just my opinion that they should play less of these songs and more of the ones that would get the crowd/pit going. Sure just about everyone loves these songs but I'm sure everyone has heard them play a live version of it.

Just now(as I'm typing), I thought that they might not play songs from Volume 8 or Stomp 442 because of the availibility of those albums. I just hope that they play more than 2 songs from WCFYA when they tour.

nice fucking life, skeletons in the closet, ahh hell the whole Spreading the Disease album, and I LOVE Euphoria (probably the only one in the world) so they should play it also

monkeyface.jpg

monkeyface!

I'd like to hear plenty off STOMP 442.
Man, is there a fucking heavier album than Stomp.

I'd like to hear them do that cover of AC/DC's Walk All Over You but with John Bush singing. I thought Dee Snider was cool on that tune but John would be far better.

songs i would like to hear potters field,catharsis,crush,in a zone(that should never be out of there playlist) born again idiot,hy pro glo and metal thrashing mad!!!

I´d love to hear at least 2.5 hours set (just like Metallica´s I´ve seen) and some rare songs included (Given The Horns, Grunt & Click, Poison My Eyes, The Bends, Remember Tomorrow...) and yes, acoustic version of BARE!

Cool beans and many margaritas! Cool topic, here would be my set list if I was a member of Anthrax!

Potters Field
Killing Box
Invisible
A.I.R
Among the Living
Tester
Crush
Fueled
Random Acts of senseless violence
Room for one more
This is not a exit
Medussa( would sound bad as hell with Johns voice)
Inside out
Black lodge
I am the Law
Armed and Dangerous
Hog Tied

Wow, would this be good enough?

Cheerz!

AugDawg

I like this thread! Here is my Set list........

Crush
Potters Field
Madhouse
In A Zone
Among the Living
Keep it in the Family
Lone Justice
Now It's Dark
In MY world
I Am The Law
Intro To Reality/ Belly of the Beast
Inside Out