Who would like to see old Thrax albums Remastered!!!

Darby - I too need to get FOM/A%D but I also need to get STD and I desperatelty want the I'm the Man EP on CD.

alias - I've got (an) STD on CD :D but I only have I'm the Man on vinyl.

I think when my wife takes a trip to Tejas the vinyl will be blaring in the house.

I really need to hear FOM - I never bought the damn thing - I must be a Joey freak :loco:

I like A&D a lot - my first thrax purchase. I was so metal.

You dont have FoM??? Blasphemy!!! I have I'm the Man on cd, but I cant wait till it gets remastered, along with Fom, AAD, STD, ATL, POT, AOTKB, and SoE. :D

DarbysDad said:
alias - I've got (an) STD on CD :D but I only have I'm the Man on vinyl.

I think when my wife takes a trip to Tejas the vinyl will be blaring in the house.

I really need to hear FOM - I never bought the damn thing - I must be a Joey freak :loco:

I like A&D a lot - my first thrax purchase. I was so metal.

To be honest I am not that big a mark for FOM - I did prefer A&D though. In some ways I actually prefer STD to ATL ... Shock horror!

I love ATL but I can honestly say for me it isn't my fav Thrax album. That would have to be POT

MikeyBong said:
They should re-master EVERYTHING from Fistfull Of Metal to Persistence Of Time!

I agree, but I think they should also remaster Killer B's and Live:The Island Years as well. Even though Killer B's sounds good as is, if they're gonna remaster the Turbin and Belladonna era albums they might as well remaster all of them. I think Island Years needs to be remastered badly anyway. I know Anthrax had no involvement in that album whatsoever, but as of now that's the only official full length live album from the Joey era. It might as well sound as good as it can imo. It'd be awesome if they could put out an awesome sounding vintage Belladonna era show in the box set that's hopefully coming out! :headbang:

spacebeer said:
I think they sound pretty good especially for that era..hell even fistful of metal doesn't sound too bad!

I don't like SOWN production at al, the last album was very well produced though!

But if they add to the packaging and some nice bonus tracks I won't stop them remastering the old stuff!

Iv'e always thought that re-masters are a bit of a cash grab to be honest.

I have all the Anthrax albums now, it would suck if I needed to make a decision to buy a re-master, especially if the added problem was extra tracks on the albums and I really wanted to have a copy of them.

I dare say, I would end up getting them eventually but still feel remasters are a little cash grab........

ThraxSA said:
Iv'e always thought that re-masters are a bit of a cash grab to be honest.

I have all the Anthrax albums now, it would suck if I needed to make a decision to buy a re-master, especially if the added problem was extra tracks on the albums and I really wanted to have a copy of them.

I dare say, I would end up getting them eventually but still feel remasters are a little cash grab........

There are a lot of remasters out there that are pretty pointless in getting unless you're a die-hard fan or a completist. But I think some are worth getting especially if the sound is improved and there are are unlreleased tracks, bonus live songs, rare pics, an essay or the bands thoughts or memories of making the album etc.

yer my main reason was that the production on the earlier Thrax albums like most of the day is just so tinny and crap compared to the quality of say GO2E and WCFYA. By the way I felt the quality on Volume 8 was just superb even if the tone of the guitars sounding so much like Pantera it wasn't funny.

aliasp said:
yer my main reason was that the production on the earlier Thrax albums like most of the day is just so tinny and crap compared to the quality of say GO2E and WCFYA. By the way I felt the quality on Volume 8 was just superb even if the tone of the guitars sounding so much like Pantera it wasn't funny.

Yer, but didn't Dimebag play on some of the tracks ? (I could be wrong)...

To me, that would be like Scott playing on a Pantera/Damageplan album - that album (I imagine) would have a touch of an Anthrax sound in it.

True true... See you on Monday man. WIll be in touch so we can all catch up before the GIG

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTHRAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aliasp said:
True true... See you on Monday man. WIll be in touch so we can all catch up before the GIG

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTHRAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mate, I'm like a kid at Christmas !!!!

Just waiting to see Santa Scott :)

Give me a bell on my mobile during the weekend so we can tee something up !!!!

aliasp said:
Albums like SOE could really use a remaster with LOUDER and better production. Would love to get ATL and STD all remastered...

All of the Bush era albums had great production. I especially loved the SOWN as it had a real raw distorted fuzzy sound to it.
um, didnt they already start talking about doing that a while ago?

aliasp said:
To be honest I am not that big a mark for FOM - I did prefer A&D though. In some ways I actually prefer STD to ATL ... Shock horror!

I love ATL but I can honestly say for me it isn't my fav Thrax album. That would have to be POT

YEah i prefer both STD and POT over among the living. State of euphoria is about the same as ATL imo cos it has: SCHHHHHHIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSMMMM!!!!
aaaaa sooo good

I got thru AIR and Lone Justice last night b4 the wife got home. Great fucking sound.

Disrputed my son's cartoons. There was a minute of trash talking that ensued.

I dunno, I mean it makes sense to me some of the older album lack "volume" that means you have to put up your amp a little more than with contemporary releases..

BUT IMO there's nothing wrong with the production of the older albums "Among The Living" (Eddie Kramer) sounds better then most of the new stuff and I think "State Of Euphoria" has one of the best productions ANTHRAX ever had (Mark Dodson).

While "persistence.." sounded OK it doesn't sound as good as "state....", the ealier albums are also very OK for that era, "Spreading the disease" must have been one of the best productions Carl Canedy ever did..

"firstfull of metal" of course sounds the "worst" but being from 1984 and their debut it's still above average....

But you have the same problem with Vinyl you also need to turn up your power amp more than with a CD....just make shure you got enough power in your home stereo then there's nothing going on!

However if they do the remastering well with cool booklets, bonus tracks and liner notes I say go for it!

spacebeer said:
While "persistence.." sounded OK it doesn't sound as good as "state...."

I 100% disagee with you about that. Imo POT's production is a shitload better than SOE. I've always thought SOE was one of Anthrax's worst sounding albums production wise. I'm not a big fan of the guitar sound on that album. But hey, to each their own! Don't get me wrong though! I love the songs on that album, I even dig 13! :headbang: