What you DIDN'T like about Infected Nations

Now Demolition chorus.

Euww.

I could have sworn I've heard that chorus somewhere.... OH I know! In Devoid of Thought........ crap....

Same thing with Plague. Telling people which song they're hearing isn't a very good idea for a chorus IMO...

I could have sworn I've heard that chorus somewhere.... OH I know! In Devoid of Thought........ crap....

Same thing with Plague. Telling people which song they're hearing isn't a very good idea for a chorus IMO...

Hmmm okay, I really can't think of any other songs which wou-, wait.... Master Of Puppets, For Whom The Bells Toll, Damage Inc, Raining Blood, Mass Hypnosis? Haha.

Nae slating yr opinion but just showing how many "succesful" songs do it. It's not as if Matt ran out of ideas for lyrics or something.

Being honest and I have already said this to Ol

Some parts were overlong by maybe 30 seconds, some intro's were a wee bit of a cliche but in saying that, Matt (In this forum) did say he welcomed all views and to me, the fact Evile come out with a very mature 2nd album shows a hellva lot of promise and I am sure the 3rd will be a cracker and all things we said about Infected will assist the guys in what to do for the 3rd album.

I've said this before and I will say it again

Evile were responsible for getting me excited about thrash metal again after years of sub-standard releases by the major bands and long may it fuckin continue

Bad side. I found it very hard to get into. Something i had to sit down and force myself into, but not in a bad way. It was just very musically different. Its not like putting on an orange Goblin album where you get into it straight off, reason for that is its simple and catchy. With Infected Nations you have to listen out more, its a grower. But when it grows its ace.

Hmmm okay, I really can't think of any other songs which wou-, wait.... Master Of Puppets, For Whom The Bells Toll, Damage Inc, Raining Blood, Mass Hypnosis? Haha.

Nae slating yr opinion but just showing how many "succesful" songs do it. It's not as if Matt ran out of ideas for lyrics or something.

"Deeeeeeeeemoooooooooooliiiiiiiiitiiiiiiioooooooon
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemooooooooooooooooliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooon
Now demolition
Deeeeeeeeeeeeemoooooooooooooooliiiiiiiiitiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooooooon now"

Vs.

"For whom the bell tolls
Time marches on
For whom the bell tolls"

See the difference?

Bad side. I found it very hard to get into. Something i had to sit down and force myself into, but not in a bad way. It was just very musically different. Its not like putting on an orange Goblin album where you get into it straight off, reason for that is its simple and catchy. With Infected Nations you have to listen out more, its a grower. But when it grows its ace.
Spot on. At first I didn't quite like it, except for some songs (Now Demolition, which is way more mainstream than other songs). After a few listens it began to grow.

Master of Puppets I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams

is different from

DEVOOIIDDD OFFFFFF
THOUGHT
DEVOID OFFFFFF
THOUGHT

DEVOID OFFFFFFF
THOUGHT
DEVOID OFFFFFFF
THOUGHT

and
For Whom the bell tolls
Time marches on!

is different from

DEMOLITIOONNNNN
NOW
DEMOLITIOONNNNN

You got me on Damage Inc., although I wouldn't really say Raining Blood HAS a chorus.

RAINING BLOOOOOOODDDDD
FROM A LACERATED SKYYYYYYYYYYYY
Is pretty much the only time you hear "Raining Blood" throughout the song.

To be honest I still find the album quite monochrome, as in the songs seem to blend together and are a bit difficult to differentiate from one another...

Also not enough neck-wrecking thrash moments.

However my main problem with it is that all the fun from the first album disappeared somewhere along the line. Like they decied they had to prove they are a "serious" band. Yeah, some people may slag off songs that are about Rambo or Jaws, but those people are humourless sad-sacks who are generally pretentious and wanky...

I didn't like the change in vocals in Infected Nations, I have no idea why Matt changed them so much, the vocals on Enter The Grave are amongst the best thrash vocals of all time IMO. Also, I wish there were more uber-thrashy sections, as too many mid tempo sections get a bit boring for me.

vocal change, I liked the old style more. Also the new album is too "mature" I like fun not so serious thrash more. Its alright to have a song about Rambo or just about drinking beer.

Funny story, First blood has been stalking me for 2 days now!

Just watching the tv with my dad and Rambo 4 comes on. We start talking about the rambo series a little. Later I sit around listening to Evile and right in the middle of First Blood, dad says that First blood is on tv. Today, Rambo First Blood Part 2 was on and we watched that one too and I realize that the song was about Rambo after reading the lyrics:lol: