What you DIDN'T like about Infected Nations

No! vocals in Infected nations are much better. On ETG they were a little bit unoriginal. I hope that Matt keep them for the next record :D

Flaws? What flaws? :lol:

I guess it's all down to personal preference, but for me 'Nations' is blatantly better than 'Grave', by a shitload. And 'Grave' is a great album! On 'Nations' Matt's vocals are perfect, belted out with just the right amount of power, while adding a lot more than shouting in one tone. The songs flow together perfectly, especially on Metamorphosis to Deities. It's an amazing album as a whole, no filler. I think that really shows as (in general) there isn't really one standout track that the majority seem to prefer, it really divides opinions. I love the progressive side mixed in there too, especially when it's done right (...AJFA is my favourite Metallica album, go figure), which it is!! Great lyrical themes and ideas, some AMAZING riffs, just perfect really. I can see why it doesn't click with some people at first, as it's a huge change, but I think it's bloody brilliant. Never get bored of listening to it, never feel like skipping songs, and I always listen to the album the whole way through. All in all one of my favourite albums ever.

I guess I posted this in the wrong thread. :lol: But fuck it, there are no flaws as far as I'm concerned! :kickass:

Thankyou for all the opinions on it! very interesting reading the different views and angles taken on our music.

Now we'll ignore them all and do the opposite :oops:

haha this thread has almost as many posts as the one about favourite songs from the album, thats not a good sign.

Anyway, it's good hearing all this, a few points i completely agree with upon listening to the album, some i don't, but mostly it backs up what i thought this album would do before we released it, that it would divide people....

People who wanted another nice and easy straightforward thrash album that you like as soon as you hear it and everythings nice and lovely and theres no problems - they wouldnt like it.

or

People who fancied something a bit more than just another retro thrash album, something that isnt as easy to listen to and isnt spelled out for you from the beginning that leads you through it with a little red bouncing ball going through it in front of you - they would give it a few listens before it clicked and they knew what we were doing.

I think i just spoke complete bollocks.

I really want to ask this question Matt

What were you listening to and what influenced you when you wrote Metamorphosis? As I have said in another thread, this song is a complete standout for me on so many levels and Genocide for that matter came a very close 2nd.

Ol did most of the riffs for them tracks so i can't comment on them...

Vocal wise i was buried in Mastodons Crack the Skye and Nevermore, i just wanted to START adding a bit of vocal melody here and there alongside the straightforward "belt it out" stuff to see if it works, i think it does, especially in Metamorphosis, Genocide and Demolition.

No idea where it will go next, well, have some ideas but haven't started with them yet.

I'll tell you what i feel didn't work with IN, the vocals on Plague and Devoid. They just aren't up to scratch.

What were you listening to and what influenced you when you wrote Metamorphosis? As I have said in another thread, this song is a complete standout for me on so many levels and Genocide for that matter came a very close 2nd.

Ol did most of the riffs for them tracks so i can't comment on them...

Vocal wise i was buried in Mastodons Crack the Skye and Nevermore, i just wanted to START adding a bit of vocal melody here and there alongside the straightforward "belt it out" stuff to see if it works, i think it does, especially in Metamorphosis, Genocide and Demolition.

No idea where it will go next, well, have some ideas but haven't started with them yet.

I'll tell you what i feel didn't work with IN, the vocals on Plague and Devoid. They just aren't up to scratch.

In that case I shall re-direct my question to Ol,

Ol, I would like your comments on me question regarding Metamorphosis and thank you Matt for that informative answer regarding the vocals and it was interesting to see your opionion on certain songs you felt, didn't go quite up to stratch, it's like everything else, you learn from it and move on.

I think I speak for all of us, it's great to hear and see you guys taking that step, moving forward, it would have been easy just to stick to the formula and made a safe 2nd album but you all instead took great risks in progressing with your sound and taking that step forward into the unknown and do you know what? It has paid off, we all pleased that we can talk about the diversity and variations of each track, even more so when you and Ol, not only read and hear what we are saying and taking it on board but actively joining in, that to me what makes you guys a special band in so many ways
(Ok it's kinda arse licking but you know what? I couldn't care less, I mean Kerry king wouldn't take the time to do shit like this and far less would wish to hear any slight criticism in either his song writing or music)

I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone, you & Ol a very merry x-mass and enjoy the day with your loved ones and remember those from past but will never be forgotten

Merry X-mas

trink39.gif

Constructive criticism 101...

It's nice to have a varied album, but I feel Evile are using too many slow riffs and trying to play it too safe with certain ideas. Songs start off fast but end up sleepers in some cases. Evile should utilize some more fast stuff while they are young and able. The solo's and longer arrangements are cool, but there needs to be more neck snapping, bang your head until it breaks, mosh your balls off guitar parts. Too many breaks and slow parts are killing the flow of the songs before people can really get into the songs, and headbang and mosh with passion. There are some good ideas and build ups, but there needs to be more explosive parts where the circle pit can open up. I don't know if choruses should be used, Im not crazy about them unless they are real clever choruses. I do think Matt is doing a good job on the vocals for most parts, and Ol did great on solo's. Overall it's a nice piece of work. I really like Metamorphosis

I tend not to care about scene kids, because then nothing is fun. :lol:
I'd agree with the "More mosh" parts....... But its perfect as it is :D

i cant remember really, I do remember listening to a lot of Gentle Giant at the time.