What You Listenin' To???

i am fabio

Jan 26, 2006
Nor. Cal.
After many, many beers (Anchor Steam!!.......man that's some good shit!!). I thought of a simple topic that i thought would be cool to keep us posting even when we got nothing really new to talk about. What disc are you listening to now......or lately and why? What are you digging about the disc? And what do you not like so much?

I'll start it off......

Two discs have been alternating as of late:

Zero Hour - "Specs...." This CD is just haunting me!!! I can't stop listening to it. Love It! Can't wait to hear some new ZH stuff. :kickass:

Sieges Even - "The Art of Navigating By the Stars" I hope so badly that these guys can be a part of BARfest next year. I don't see them doing a USA tour and I don't see Glenn booking them for PP anytime soon. I see BARfest as the perfect showcase for these Progressive Masters. :headbang:

Been on a Lemur Voice trip lately, also new Sun Caged which is awesome as well. Still listening to Circus Maximus quite a bit. new Machine Men is awesome too...Kamelot, Symphony X, DGM and Dream Theater also

Good year for metal

Bear

Sieges Even - "The Art of Navigating By the Stars" I hope so badly that these guys can be a part of BARfest next year. I don't see them doing a USA tour and I don't see Glenn booking them for PP anytime soon. I see BARfest as the perfect showcase for these Progressive Masters. :headbang:
Isn't it amazing how that disc gets better with every play? :p

I was down in the San Diego area, borrowing his Honda S2000, playing Zero Hour most of the time. :headbang:

Tacere - Beautiful Darkness !!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Totally kickin my butt!

Sonata Arctica - Unia ~~~Trippy album starting to really grow on me as all SA albums do

Dark Tranquillity - Fiction :kickass: :kickass: :heh:

Man! You guys are listening to some great stuff. :headbang:

Today I popped in Angra's "Rebirth". Haven't listened to it all the way through in a while and it was the chosen CD for the day. Great disc. It was great from beginning to end, just as i remembered. I forgot how much I love the tune 'Millennium Sun'. Anyways.....:kickass: Keep it rockin'!!!

This Week
Tacere - Beautiful Darkness ...still working!!
Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness
Poisonblack - Lust Stained Despair
Dragonland - Battle Of The Ivory Plains
Incubus - Light Grenades
Sentenced - The Cold White Light
Testament - Low
T.S.O.L. - Hit and Run

Thought Chamber "Angular Perceptions"

^^^ Just purchased it a couple days ago and have listened to it about 5 times already. I love it. Great Stuff. :headbang:

Definitely some cool stuff people are listening to.

For me:
Thought Chamber -> OK so I haven't gotten over this one yet. I've been listening to this one since March now and haven't grown tired of it. Awesome disk that stands on its own merits.

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos -> Started out a little cold for me, but repeated listenings have revealed another awesome work from the prog metal masters!

Symphony X -> what I've heard of the new one is AMAZING!!! ;) The Serpent's Kiss RULES!! Only 19 more days until its released!

Redemption - Origins of Ruin -> another stellar piece of work from these guys.

Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet -> I haven't ever really gotten into these guys before, but the new one is starting to really grow on me.

Wolverine - Still -> Still getting fairly regular rotation in my playlist

Zero Hour - Specs -> this one has become a regular staple that hasn't really seen much down time since I got it at PP in September! Even my 9 y/o has had it stuck in his CD player for months! I can't wait for the new one!

Odin's Court - early (pre-vox) rough mixes of new CD - OK, so the mixes are rough and there is a little bit of music left to record, but I'm really digging the new stuff! If its politically incorrect to actually like your own band's music, then I'm guilty - sorry, but I really think that this material is WAY stronger than the older stuff and I honestly enjoy listening to it. I'm looking forward to the polished versions!

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos -> Started out a little cold for me, but repeated listenings have revealed another awesome work from the prog metal masters!
Yup, I just got my copy this week. I was visiting a buddy down in San Diego for a few days, and he had obtained the tracks via (ahem) illicit means :Smug: a few weeks prior, so he had a head start on me. I agree -- it grows on you pretty quickly.

Today i listened to two discs while driving around doin' stuff....

Hibria "Defying the Rules" :kickass:
&
Beyond Twilight "For the Love of Art and The Making" :headbang:

Both great discs. Has been a while since i got a chance to listen to each of them in their entirety. I'm probably going to be out checking all the local spots for a couple new discs tomorrow. Hopefully i can find a couple good ones at descent prices. :cool:

Symphony X "Paradise Lost" ------> WOW! Some serious riffage going on thoughout. Pretty awesome disc. Will have to give it a few more spins before i can rank it among the previous SX works.

Sonata Arctica "Unia" ------> I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about with this one. I had a couple friends say that is was no good. After listenng to it myself, i'd have to say that i absolutely love it. After one listen anyways.

Zero Hour "Metamorphasis" -------> Gotta have my Zero Hour. Have been listening to their "SoPBB" and "The Towers.." alot recently so i decided to switch it up and go with this one a bit.

Im stuck on Kamelot's Ghost Opera right now as well as the new SyX-- I haven't had as much time to listen to music lately--Im looking forward to sifting through the big pile of CD's on my desk---

^^^Off of Kamelot's "Ghost Opera", doesn't 'Love You to Death" give you chills everytime. That song just hits me. Khan just sounds like he is pouring his soul into this one. And the female vocals thrown in throughout the album are awesome just as in "TBH". The Kamelot boys deliver again for me. I love the album. I don't think i love it to the extent of "TBH", but it is definitely an awesome album.

Also last couple days i have been rockin'........

Communic "Conspiracy in Mind"

Human Fortress "Defenders of the Crown"

Stide's "Imagine"

Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight
Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet
Kamelot - Ghost Opera