What You Listenin' To???

Today i was stuck in the car at the doctor while waiting for the lady friend to have some shit taken care of. Had a few hours to get some solid listening in. Here's what i had blasting in the medical center parking lot.......

Tyr "Eric the Red" - Awesome Disc!!! I haven't listened to it in a few months but it's a good one for sure. It'd be awesome to bring these guys in for the fest maybe. Pretty unique sound. It's like progressive viking metal that kicks ass!

Symphony X "Paradise Lost" Just a smokin' album. :kickass:

Also listened to a little Communic, 'Tage's "Hall of the Mountain King", and Vision Divine's "Send Me an Angel". :headbang:

Overall a pretty nice mix. Also i added Mercenary's "11 Dreams" to the collection today. :cool:

Ok here it goes....

DT - "Sytematic Chaos"
SX - Paradise Lost
Amaran's Plight "Voice in the Light"
Sonata Arctica - "Unia"
Kamelot - "Ghost Opera"
Nocturnal Rites - "8th Sin"
Zero Hour - "Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond"
Porcupine Tree - "Fear of a Lost Planet"
A.C.T. "Silence"
Wolverine - "Still"
Spock's Beard - "Self-Titled"
DGM - "Different Shapes"
Within Temptation " The Heart of Everything"
Echoes of Eternity - "Forgotten Goddess"
Threshold - "Dead Reckoning"
Thought Chamber "Angular Perceptions"
Pain of Salvation - "Scarsick"
Mob Rules "Etnolution A.D."
Eyefear - "World of Grey"
Labyrinth - "6 Days to Nowhere"
Angra - "Aurora Consurgens"
Spheric Univeral Experience - "Anima"
Sun Caged - "Artemisia"

As you can see my plate is rather full at the moment.
Good thing for ITUNES!

Most anticipated for me that are coming out are:

Circus Maximus - "Isolate"
Vision Divine - "25th Hour"
Dreamscape - "5th Season"
Primal Fear - "New Religion"

That's it for now.
Cheers!

Two discs have been alternating as of late:

Zero Hour - "Specs...." This CD is just haunting me!!! I can't stop listening to it. Love It! Can't wait to hear some new ZH stuff. :kickass:

Sieges Even - "The Art of Navigating By the Stars" I hope so badly that these guys can be a part of BARfest next year. I don't see them doing a USA tour and I don't see Glenn booking them for PP anytime soon. I see BARfest as the perfect showcase for these Progressive Masters. :headbang:

Gotta agree with you on both these discs fabio.

The Sieges Even records one of best CDs I've heard in a long time, it's truly beauitful and sublime and really deepens with each listen, got some nice Rush-esque moments circa Permanant Waves era too. This one totally surprised me and was easily one of my favorites last year and I'm still listening to it now.

And Specs.. is easily the best ZH so far. Very nice to see them at BARFEST.

BTW, I noticed you've added quite a few titles to your library from the last time this thread was flying around a little while before BARFEST, very nice - you jumped onto one of the best places to find out about the cream of the crop. :headbang:

Some things currently spinning, still a lot from the last year or so with a few new sprinkled in for good measure, in no particular order:

Dream Theater - "Sytematic Chaos" (in Top 10 of 2007) & "Octavarium"
Symphony X - "Paradise Lost" (in Top 10 of 2007) & "Odyssey"
Rush - "Snakes & Arrows" & "Vapor Trails"
Amaran's Plight "Voice in the Light"
Sonata Arctica - "Unia"
Kamelot - "Ghost Opera"
Zero Hour - "Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond"
Threshold - "Dead Reckoning"
Thought Chamber "Angular Perceptions"
Angra - "Temple of Shadows"
Sieges Even - "Art of Navitaging by the Stars"
Firewind - "Allegience" (won't leave my player!)
Therion - "Vovin" & "Gothic Kabbalah"
After Forever - "After Forever" (Best they've done!)
Epica - "Divine Conspiracy"
Halford - "Ressurection"
Black Sabbath/Heaven & Hell (Dio Years)
Redemption - "Origins of Ruin"
Joe Satriani - "Is there Love in Space?"
Tristania - "World of Glass" (& new one, can't think of the title)
Opeth - "Damnation"
Within Tempation - "The Heart of Everything"
Riverside - "Second Life Syndrome"
Adagio - "Underworld" & "Dominate"
3 Inches of Blood - "Fire up the Blades"
Into Eternity - "Scattering of Ashes"
Masterplan - "Masterplan"
Trance State - "Red Circuit"
Allen & Lande - "Revenge"
Star One - "Space Metal"
Evergrey - "Monday Morning Apocalypse" & "In Search of Truth"
Pagan's Mind - "Enigmatic Calling" (won't leave my player!)
Circus Maximus - 1st Chapter (won't leave my player!) & and about to be "Isolote"!
Stride - "Imagine" & "Music Machine"
and several others, but that's mostly what's on top at the moment from the prog/metal side of things...

Prog On! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

^^^ Man you had a bunch of great stuff going back there a couple months ago. Very nice variety in styles of metal....i love it. I didn't see this post until now. Hopefully you'll see that i responded....."better late than never".

This forum needs to come back to life. :kickass: Lately i have been thinking alot about this years BARfest and i can't wait to get involved. We need to resurrect the forum and get the excitement started early. There are so many great bands and only so little spots to fill. I have been spreading the word and will continue to do so. As i said in a post yesterday, i have five more people for sure going. Hopefully i can recruit many more.

Anyways....here's what i've been listening to lately....

Darkwater "Calling the Earth to Witness" :kickass:
Cea Serin "...where memories combine..."
Adagio "Dominate"
Pagan's Mind "Celestial Entrance"
Andromeda "Extension of the Wish"
Rhapsody "Rain of a thousand Flames"
Zero Hour "Metamorphasis"

In the next week i should be getting...

Sieges Even "Paramount"
Falconer "Falconer"
and Andromeda DVD "Playing off the Board"

^^Cant wait for the arrival of these.

Also i really am wanting to get new Icarus Witch, S.U.E., and Nightwish.
Pagan's Mind's "God's Equation"....just a couple more weeks :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Right now i'm listening to...

Amon Amarth "With Oden On Our Side"

also last couple days...

Rush "Rush"

Circus Maximus "The 1st Chapter"

Dethklok "The Dethalbum"

and still Darkwater's "Calling the Earth to Witness"!!! :headbang:

+1 for the Darkwater - awesome disk!
Also, Ted Leonard's solo disk
Kamelot - Ghost Opera
Riverside - Out of Myself, and 2nd Life Syndrome

Early versions of new Mystic Force tracks in preparation for recording! ;)

Right now i'm listening to...

Amon Amarth "With Oden On Our Side"

also last couple days...

Rush "Rush"

Circus Maximus "The 1st Chapter"

Dethklok "The Dethalbum"

and still Darkwater's "Calling the Earth to Witness"!!! :headbang:

+1 for the Darkwater - awesome disk!
Also, Ted Leonard's solo disk
Kamelot - Ghost Opera
Riverside - Out of Myself, and 2nd Life Syndrome

Early versions of new Mystic Force tracks in preparation for recording! ;)

Isn't that Darkwater unreal? :headbang:

Ted has a solo disc? What's it like? He's a fantastic vocalist.

"Ghost Opera"....good stuff.

I haven't gotten any stuff from Riverside. I heard a few tunes and wasn't immediately blown away. I look forward to giving them a real chance.

And Rick, i just saw that you are out of the OC and in Mystic Force. I wish you the best. Maybe with a new release we will get to see Mystic Force over here on the West and we'll get to see you do your thing once again. :headbang: I look forward in checking out some new MF stuff. :cool:

I absolutely can't stop listening to "Signal to Noise Ratio" by Dead Air Radio. KILLER STUFF, and one of the best ProgMetal CDs I've bought in 5 years. They'd be a *great* fit for BARfest, too....or PPUSA, for that matter. AWESOME songwriting, great chops, plenty proggy, and every song on the disc is great.

You've probably never heard of them (Ken Golden turned me onto them), but trust me...BUY THIS DISC!!! I got it from LaserCD.com, FYI.

I've also been spinning Zero Hour's SoPBB a lot, as well as Redemption's latest (Origins of Ruin), Porcupine Tree's FoaBP, Riverside's Second Life Syndrome, "The End Has Begun" by the band "3" (another GREAT discovery for me), Circus Maximus "Isolate," and of course, Enchant (I'm *always* listening to Enchant!).

Later!

Craig

Yep. I agree wholeheartedly about Dead Air Radio : absolutely phenomenal. They've been in constant rotation for me since I bought the disk last year and have me half-considering a 10 hour drive to see them live in Memphis, TN this month. I'm also listening to Paramount by Sieges Even, which is another awesome disk from a band I had always heard about but hadn't investigated. Glad I did. The other disks in my changer at the moment are Andromeda/Chimera, Riverside/Second Life Syndrome, and Riverside/Rapid Eye Movement.