What's everyone upto??

Not much man, how about you? I keep forgetting to come here.

I was thinking the other day about when this place stopped being so busy and I think it was after Maiden toured in 2008. I guess once they finally returned we had nothing to talk about. Odd. Or maybe it's just the message board culture isn't what it once was.

Definitely quiet, that's for sure. I remember 10 years or so back when the LORD (then Dungeon) forum needed 3 or 4 mods just to wrangle it into shape. These days, we post up anything on there and if we get more than one reply within a week, it's surprising. Needless to say our new video got more hits from Facebook than our forum when we posted it up. ;)

It's a shame to see this place so quiet though, especially since it was the first.

I just got back from o/s and wasn't on forums while I was away. It did get quieter after the Maiden tour, but for quite a while we were still getting daily posts. Then things slowly eased off. It's a shame - fb does not fill the void for music discussion for me at all. I always relied on here and the LORD forum for that.

I actually really miss it. I used to look forward to the conversations going on on forums, and I don't get the same interactions on Facebook and the like.

The Dungeon/LORD forum got so busy I kinda gave up on it haha! I couldn't keep up.

I think it was more to do with forum culture dying out and social media spreading rather than the interest in Maiden fading. To be honest, I have as great an interest in them as ever. My collection is starting to really grow haha.

Yeah same here. There were lots of really good threads here. I guess a lot of people used forums as their online social outlets, then once fb took off it just dominated everything and people took off there. One thing I prefer about forums is that they have long-running threads that can be revived when appropriate. Facebook is so temporary - once a post is a couple of days old that's just about it. And of course we're all here because of a shared interest.

What job are you doing in Bendigo?

Nothing new with me. I saw Opeth on Saturday night and after watching their set at Wacken yesterday I decided I need to go to Wacken, so I have my eye on going in 2018 (can't afford it this year). That's all I've been thinking about since then. Quite excited.

Teaching in Bendigo. Was teaching in Melb last year and in London prior to that.

Totally agree about social media being so temporary and short term rather than having substance like forum convos. It's strange that people are more connected than ever, but in a way it is harder to actually make a connection with people if you get what I mean.

I had a look when Spawn was last here. Remember him? Anyway, his last post was in 2005 but he actually poked his head in back in 2012, so he was thinking of us as recently as five years ago. Bless.

I've been around, just doing my thing. Still open here by reflex, but it's slowed down the pressure to reply immediately has eased, so I often forget to.

Joined a band! Not metal, mostly covers, but it's fun and keeping me off the streets.

My biggest thing now is that I'm more into professional wrestling than I've ever been before, to the point that I travelled to Japan last August just to see shows there. It was awesome. Japanese crowds are great to see wrestling with.

So I should probably answer the OP question! What have I been up to?

Well... we went to the USA and played ProgPowerUSA, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt (well, actually the shirts we made were really cool and we came back with footage to do this...)

That's gonna eventually be live audio and the entire show will make it out as some kind of product (DVD? Does anyone still buy those?)

We're off to Indonesia in May to play the huge Hammersonic festival, which should be pretty alright. I think the last few years had a consistent 28,000 or so attendance. Headlined by Megadeth too, so it'll be nice to catch up with everyone that's still left in the Megs camp.

Apart from that, I appear to have a 3yo daughter now who is a smart-mouthed little asshole most days, but I only have myself to blame for that. Sigh. Nah, she's OK. Sometimes. :bah:

Still doing video production, working on a new LORD album and a couple of fun collaborations that I can't talk about yet. Just produced the new Taberah album which will drop soon - that is gonna blow people's minds, it's excellent!

Busy times here...

I'm just going through old diaries and saw that I watched Lord and Taberah at the Arthouse on 4/9/09!

Just wait till your daughter's 12!

Hammersonic should be great. Indonesian metal fans can go pretty nuts.

Years have flown by... the more connected we are through technology the more disconnected we are becoming as a society... weird!

Geez lads, I leave the room for 5 minutes and we actually start having a chat. I really miss the glory days of bulletin boards. You lot have no idea how you kept me company over the years, much better than facebook.

Anyway, I have been upto fuck all as usual ;)