What's everyone upto??

Inner south still, been renting in St Kilda for about 12 years now but moving in a couple of months to the place we bought which is at the border of Windsor & Prahran.

I actually realised the other day that our new place is a couple of doors from where Edward's Tavern was. Remember that place? I saw bands like Pegazus & Vanishing Point pretty regularly there in the early 2000s and the first time I saw Dungeon may have been there too I think. I think the Cat Club was there for a while. Good days!

What sort of work are you doing these days? That's good you have a venue so close and good bands playing. Is Canberra just temporary or will you likely end up relocating?

Also I noticed in one of the other threads that you're a dad now - congratulations! Mind you, the thread was quite old so it's a very belated congratulations!

12 years is a long time in one suburb! You're not moving too far from there either - haha you clearly like the area. It's good you managed to buy a place there. Yeah I went to Edward's Tavern once or twice at least. Early 2000s doesn't really seem all that long ago, but it's getting that way now.

I'm working for the government and shifted positions to one up here. It might be for a year, maybe two, but I'm not really sure.

Haha yeah my eldest is 7 now, so I've been a dad for a while!

It's not bad - expensive, but by all accounts Brisbane's not far behind now! I've had a few different digital jobs since I've been here, in a variety of sectors, which I don't think I would have had the opportunity to do (at least not on this large a 'stage'), so that's pretty cool :)

I’m in Tallinn, Estonia. First Maiden gig of the tour is on Saturday night. Still kind of surreal that I’m going to the first show of a tour. Previously I’ve always known the setlist so this is going to be crazy. Hoping they play nothing but deep cuts, 16 or so songs they’ve never played live before. Open with Sun and Steel, finish with The Unbeliever.

New show is great.

Won First to the Barrier for the first Helsinki show so I was up front for the first time. Took a bunch of photos. This is my favourite.

Attachments

• AA73AFA2-6DDD-4CA3-89F1-F3D19140374B.jpeg
    AA73AFA2-6DDD-4CA3-89F1-F3D19140374B.jpeg
    562 KB · Views: 5
Went to four shows plus Sweden Rock.

As a fan club member you can enter a draw for each show that you have GA tickets for. Doesn’t cost extra. I did it for the three I was standing at and got picked for the second show.

Sorry, I keep forgetting to check here.

No real thoughts to share, just a great show. Janick would unwittingly get in the way of Bruce when he wanted to jump off the riser thing to fight Eddie and Bruce would get pretty annoyed.

So people, what's been happening recently? I've largely been working and hanging around with the family, though work has taken me interstate and overseas, which is nice. I need to start getting back into seeing bands, as it's been a little while.

And the Dragons somehow won a final in Brisbane, so that was cause for celebration.

Not much to report here. I bought a bass guitar a few weeks back and I’m learning how to play it on Rocksmith 2014 on the PC. I’m OK as long as I don’t need to play more than two strings.

I'm looking for a supervisor for a Ph D project I've wanted to do since 2006, and have been knocked back or messed around by every uni I've approached. I'm very over people who promise me the Earth and don't deliver or disappear on leave for months at a time and can't be contacted.

Why do I want to be part of the academic world again? Oh, right. Because I'm crap at the real one and don't belong there either.

Not much to report here. I bought a bass guitar a few weeks back and I’m learning how to play it on Rocksmith 2014 on the PC. I’m OK as long as I don’t need to play more than two strings.

Oh nice, which strings are your favourite? :) I saw that game a while back. Is it fun?

I'm looking for a supervisor for a Ph D project I've wanted to do since 2006, and have been knocked back or messed around by every uni I've approached. I'm very over people who promise me the Earth and don't deliver or disappear on leave for months at a time and can't be contacted.

Why do I want to be part of the academic world again? Oh, right. Because I'm crap at the real one and don't belong there either.

What field are you looking at doing the PhD in? Sorry to hear people haven't been reliable.

It's in English literature, more specifically about the body, transformation, gender and 'the other' from a disabled perspective in Clive Barker's short stories. Every English department I've dealt with so far has at least one token genre fiction person, who all either vanish or get rapped over the knuckles by their superiors as soon as I approach them about taking me on. I am, as the young people say, over it.