What's everyone upto??

Today I booked my flight to go to Europe in May and June and see five Maiden gigs and Sweden Rock Festival. I'll be seeing the first Maiden gig of a tour in Estonia so I won't be able to spoil the setlist for myself.

Seeing them in Estonia, Finland x2, Denmark and Sweden.

Excellent! That'll be great fun. Is it all on the same tour, or is the Estonia part on a new tour?

I missed AMOLAD tour, but caught them on the Early Days tour before it, and the A Matter of the Beast tour after it, and every one since. Pretty disappointing actually, since AMOLAD is my favourite album and Death on the Road is possibly my favourite live album, and I missed both those tours. Oh well, shouldn't complain! If they were doing a 90s History tour instead of a general greatest hits thing, I'd possibly have to find a way haha.

Oh, I forgot about A Matter of the Beast. I guess I've only seen every tour since Somewhere Back in Time then. Not nearly as impressive.

Haha I was wondering a couple of days ago where you'd got to! Did you forget your old account details?

All's well here I guess. What have you been up to?

Hey Rob! I don't even think I still have the email address that was linked to the old account haha.

Lots changing for me lately actually. I've been pretty reclusive from the music scene since I stopped playing a few years ago but I've been busy with travelling and bucket list stuff, engagement & wedding preparation, buying an apartment, general adultness!

How's everything going with yourself? Do you get out to many shows?

Sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy with interesting things, even if they're not music related! Which part of town are you living in?

I'm going ok. Been in Canberra for a few months thanks to work. I don't see bands as often as I used to, but I've still seen a handful in the last few months. A surprising number are playing at a venue 5 minutes from my house in the next few months, so I'll probably head out to see more bands than I might in Melbourne.

Inner south still, been renting in St Kilda for about 12 years now but moving in a couple of months to the place we bought which is at the border of Windsor & Prahran.

I actually realised the other day that our new place is a couple of doors from where Edward's Tavern was. Remember that place? I saw bands like Pegazus & Vanishing Point pretty regularly there in the early 2000s and the first time I saw Dungeon may have been there too I think. I think the Cat Club was there for a while. Good days!

What sort of work are you doing these days? That's good you have a venue so close and good bands playing. Is Canberra just temporary or will you likely end up relocating?

Also I noticed in one of the other threads that you're a dad now - congratulations! Mind you, the thread was quite old so it's a very belated congratulations!

I'm so shit in checking in here. At least this time it only took me 5 months instead of... however long...

Seeing Maiden in August at the O2 in London. Should be fun!