What's everyone upto??

Building a house (just having the planning permit approved at the moment then off we go), having our first child in January (due on my birthday!), starting a new job in January as well (a promotion really), and releasing a new Vessel album in the new year after I have approached some labels with it. I also joined a gym last week. Busy busy busy!

Building a house (just having the planning permit approved at the moment then off we go), having our first child in January (due on my birthday!), starting a new job in January as well (a promotion really), and releasing a new Vessel album in the new year after I have approached some labels with it. I also joined a gym last week. Busy busy busy!

Are you still round Bendigo? Still teaching? Congrats on the upcoming birth!

Nope, all software based here: https://lepouplugins.blogspot.com/2010/10/lecto.html

There's a Tube Screamer plugin before it and a cab simulator running a couple of Impulse Responses, and a bit of EQ, but that's about it. Amp sims have come a hell of a long way, and even better is this thing is free :yow:

Believe it or not, my live rig is... an iPod. I'm running Amplitube on an iPod with an iRig HD interface where I plug in my guitar, and a Bluetooth foot controller. That's got a 5150 sim on it, and it sounds massive. I'm running into a tiny class D 200w amp that's crazy loud (too loud to get past half way when we did ProgPower USA, in fact), and it has a balanced line out that we can send straight to Front of House, so no fiddling with stage mics or anything like that. And it all fits in a corner of my gig bag.

Nothing wrong with amps at all - they sound great - but I know what I'd rather lug around, and I know what's easier to record with these days. :)