WHATS EVERYONE'S FAVORITE BAND, LIVE?

High On Maiden said:
^

I thought Marilyn Manson's set was diabolical at Leeds festival. Fucking awful. Not that I was surprised, but still.
When exactly it was?

thomas_j said:
The Prodigy is really a very good live-band. If non-metal bands are allowed in this thread I might add:

-Download
-Front Line Assembly
-Kraftwerk
-Atari Teenage Riot
wow I would like to see Front Line Assembly too...nice to meet someone stucked into electronic music here.

High On Maiden said:
When? Leeds festival last year
Aw that doesn´t surprised me...he started to suck after the GAOG was released. When I was him in 2003 it was hilarious...and his biggest asset - awesome voice has gone with litres of Absinthe he drank.

I would like to see Manson back in Dead to the wordl tour...Rock is dead tour was also amazing...

DemonHelm said:
I would really like to see Grave Digger live!

Have you (or has anyone) seen their live DVD?
I was thinking of getting it.

I was planning on getting it, but I could'nt find it. Not even online. I know 25 To Live is great because I've listened to it about 300 times, so I want the DVD.

Fredy_Brown said:
Aw that doesn´t surprised me...he started to suck after the GAOG was released. When I was him in 2003 it was hilarious...and his biggest asset - awesome voice has gone with litres of Absinthe he drank.

I would like to see Manson back in Dead to the wordl tour...Rock is dead tour was also amazing...

mansons a girlee little homo

Susperia said:
That's okay man, I was never really in the Metal scene. It doesn't seem to take too kindly to my type. (i.e. I have a vagina)

Why do you feel unwelcome in the "metal scene"? Because nerdy "underground" fanboys (not unlike Star Trek geeks) are afraid of women and lash out them? Is it because of misogynist musicians like Lemmy Kilmiester?

well they arn't my favorite band, but Cephalic Carnage put on one fucking crazy show. Black Dahlia Murder was really kickass too

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Why do you feel unwelcome in the "metal scene"? Because nerdy "underground" fanboys (not unlike Star Trek geeks) are afraid of women and lash out them? Is it because of misogynist musicians like Lemmy Kilmiester?

Yes that's part of it. Haha, I didn't realize Lemmy hated women too, but I suppose it's pretty obvious, thanks for the head up.

(Dillinger escape plan) I haven't seen them in concert but I have seen them play live on a DVD, But Dillinger escape plan looks like they would be pretty sweet, the guitarist, bassist and the singer were all performing in the crowd (on top of, crowd surfing if you will), alot of energy. I did see Behemoth live, and they were pretty good.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:

Why do you think Lemmy is a misogynist? I hen't ever got that impression from him at all, really. In fact, he seems kind of old fashioned in the way that he won't allow people in his presence to be rude to women at all...

He didn't seem it from his biography either. I might be wrong though. I often am.

Carcassian said:
Why do you think Lemmy is a misogynist? I hen't ever got that impression from him at all, really. In fact, he seems kind of old fashioned in the way that he won't allow people in his presence to be rude to women at all...

He didn't seem it from his biography either. I might be wrong though. I often am.

Dude, watch Decline of Western Civilisation II...

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Dude, watch Decline of Western Civilisation II...

Ok, will do. I watched it back in *ponders* well, the early 90s on VHS, but all I can really remember from it is Dave Mustaine calling some guy from the Wake Up Dead video a homo for having bad hair!

Anyway, Motorhead always do GREAT shows (albeit for the last three tours they've been essentially the same).

Anthrax have pulled off some killer shows on the shows I've seen since 2003 (with both Bush and Belladonna as singer).

Paradise Lost were simply awesome back in 1996 (though they set up for an hour and a half, and at the time I was so poor I couldn't even afford a beer).

Blackstar (Blackstar Rising in the US) were fucking amazing. Best band I'd seen without hearing the CD first.

Vader always pull off a super tight performance, and they never seem bored to be playing, which is great considering that they tour so often.

Skyclad played some absolutely killer shows too, especially the Mapperley show (an ex-miners social club!), and the very strange and strained final performance with Martin Walkyier show in Derby.

I've always found Megadeth to be a great band, (well, almost always), but their live shows have always been terrible. I guess there's a reason why the bury Daves voice so low in the live mix...

MasKedRage said:
not really, my favorite live band is slipknot, cuz they play songs very closely to studio versions and they put on 1 crazy ass show...and if a band cant pull it off live, then it sucks
you're a sad sad little monkey

MasKedRage said:
not really, my favorite live band is slipknot, cuz they play songs very closely to studio versions and they put on 1 crazy ass show...and if a band cant pull it off live, then it sucks

Well thats retarded because Corey Taylor has his vocals engineered well in the studio then he totally blows live. He can't hold a scream for longer than 3 seconds, he can't "sing" or at least make the clean noises recorded. He has no pitch control. When you see him live, you realize that he's no better than half of the MTV ass shakers who get so much work done on their vox in the studio.

Yes, I hate Slipknot... although I was a fan when I was like 11....:cry:

I DESPISE SLIPKNOT !.
Best live band i've ever seen would have to be kreator. behemoth and primordial are also excellent