thrash metal

Oh and everyone racks on about Master of Puppets, Rust in Peace, Reign in Blood and Anthrax's Among the Living but if you want an absolute stone cold Thrash classic (not that those are not, they are just overly appreciated), get Annihilator's Never, Neverland, one of the most technically proficient and inventive thrash records ever recorded.

Oh and everyone racks on about Master of Puppets, Rust in Peace, Reign in Blood and Anthrax's Among the Living but if you want an absolute stone cold Thrash classic (not that those are not, they are just overly appreciated), get Annihilator's Never, Neverland, one of the most technically proficient and inventive thrash records ever recorded.

Yeah, it's pretty killer, and that dude can throw down the speedy and inventive riffs for sure! But I have a few complaints. It just gets a little cheesy, especially during the first half. I guess I dislike some of their more singy or rock and rolly choruses. When he's riffing, they're badass.

sixes and sevens
disorder battles control
sixes and sevens
crises overflow

Dumb

my room is full of toys and things
but filled with nothing new
just me and clare alone in this
enchanted, placid room
it's saturday and no more school
there hasn't been for years
she says we're here forever
till eternity

Dumb

stonewall - go to bat
unless you want to live like that
stonewall - can't we see
we're our own worst enemy

Dumb

but what's a dime to a millionaire

Dumb

The second half rips, even the humor song Kraf Dinner...that just smokes!

Holy Wars...The

Megadeth's last two albums have been great, I will give them that, but there discography is rightfully Rust In Peace, Countdown to Extinction and Peace Sells, they are Megadeth's Ride the Lightning to Justice.
I dunno, I'm only really starting to warm to Countdown (so many years since its release date) I would think a thrasher would be better off owning Killing is my Business & So Far So Good than Countdown. Of course Peace Sells & RIP are mandatory!:headbang:

Also talking Annihilator, its Alice in Hell all the way...

Yeah, it's pretty killer, and that dude can throw down the speedy and inventive riffs for sure! But I have a few complaints. It just gets a little cheesy, especially during the first half. I guess I dislike some of their more singy or rock and rolly choruses. When he's riffing, they're badass.

sixes and sevens
disorder battles control
sixes and sevens
crises overflow

Dumb

my room is full of toys and things
but filled with nothing new
just me and clare alone in this
enchanted, placid room
it's saturday and no more school
there hasn't been for years
she says we're here forever
till eternity

Dumb

stonewall - go to bat
unless you want to live like that
stonewall - can't we see
we're our own worst enemy

Dumb

but what's a dime to a millionaire

Dumb

The second half rips, even the humor song Kraf Dinner...that just smokes!

The (ever-changing) vocals and vocalists are what bothers me about Annihilator, I am a massive fan of Jeff Waters though, Annihilators leader and the Trent Reznor of metal. Jeff is a god of shred guitar and damn good at riffing and playing bass, he would be my favourite guitarist.

I dunno, I'm only really starting to warm to Countdown (so many years since its release date) I would think a thrasher would be better off owning Killing is my Business & So Far So Good than Countdown. Of course Peace Sells & RIP are mandatory!:headbang:

Also talking Annihilator, its Alice in Hell all the way...

SFSGSW was much much better in the re-release, I love the re-release, not so fond of the original. As far as Killing is my business goes, I always compare it too closely to kill em all and tend to prefer kill em all, mostly due to the vocals more then anything that is why I didn't mention it. Countdown was very straight forward in structure, verses and choruses, it has much more of a traditional feel. I just believe that out of all of their albums, while it isn't the best, it has produced the most classic tracks like Skin O My Teeth, Sweating Bullets and Symphony of Destruction.

EDIT: Alice is thinking mans thrash for sure, a true classic album, overall though Never, Neverland is a bit more solid I believe, though Alice is definetely more important historically for the massive technical element it brought to a genre which was dying at the time.

Alice in Hell ftw. Annihilator descended into the land of cheese after that.

Another good thrash album from around that time was Act 3 by Death Angel.

Never, Neverland came after Alice in Hell and was a better album

Yeah I know it came after, I bought AIH on cassette when it came out and loved it. I was looking forward to the follow up, but when I heard it I couldn't get into it at all. IMO it isn't a better album.

The (ever-changing) vocals and vocalists are what bothers me about Annihilator, I am a massive fan of Jeff Waters though, Annihilators leader and the Trent Reznor of metal. Jeff is a god of shred guitar and damn good at riffing and playing bass, he would be my favourite guitarist.

The Trent Reznor of metal? Dude, get your facts and priorities right! If anyone is anything, then maybe Trent Renzor is the Jeff Waters of crap music.

that would be Erik. Pyrus now posts under the sn Lies & Perfidy (er something like that). jean pierre pops in every now and then.