thrash metal

Just out of curiosity, why does the entire metal world seem to hate Megadeth's album Risk? I just gave it a listen, and I thought it was pretty awesome.

take it to the youtube thread :mad:

pansy little girl: but it's not a youtube video
*pansy holocaust*
holocauster: it's still a metal video and belongs there

The following are killer modern-retro Germanic thrash. None of them are VERY recent, but none are from the original era, either.

King's Evil - Deletion of Humanoise (Japan)

Defleshed - Under the Blade

Guillotine - Under the Guillotine

Any opinions on Carnal Forge? I just picked up their latest CD. After the fist listen it seems pretty good, imo they sound like their missing something. It might grow on me in time. You can check them out @ http://www.myspace.com/carnalforgeband

Not much experience with them, but my impression is that they are this kinda modern thrash style that is maybe mixed with melodic DM, kinda like The Haunted, Dew Scented, Soilwork, etc. I could be all wrong.

Thrash metal isn't the only repetive genre. (90% of the new thrash bands want to sound like the old ones. But all the death metal bands do thats to... Come to think of it, so do the black metal bands.

Aura Noir, by far the best Black/Thrash band.

i guess you'll like Desaster

Just out of curiosity, why does the entire metal world seem to hate Megadeth's album Risk? I just gave it a listen, and I thought it was pretty awesome.

cuz risk is a joke... that's it.

The following are killer modern-retro Germanic thrash. None of them are VERY recent, but none are from the original era, either.

King's Evil - Deletion of Humanoise (Japan)

Defleshed - Under the Blade

Guillotine - Under the Guillotine

King's-Evil? I disagree with you. KE doesn't look like germanic thrash.

BTW, i guess you'll like Terror Squad - The Wild Stream Of Eternal Sin (Japan) and Violator - Chemical Assault (Brazil)

King's-Evil? I disagree with you. KE doesn't look like germanic thrash.

BTW, i guess you'll like Terror Squad - The Wild Stream Of Eternal Sin (Japan) and Violator - Chemical Assault (Brazil)

Hmm..I'll have to pull it out and thrash it soon. I thought I remembered it being like retro-Germanic. In any case it's a good album.

I'll check out the bands you mentioned. :headbang:

cuz risk is a joke... that's it.

"Insomnia", "Crush 'Em", and "Breadline" are all really well-written and memorable songs -- though I'll admit, "I'll Be There" is a pretty nauseating power ballad.

Sadly, I still need to listen to Megadeth's first four albums. But I was quite impressed with their later stuff like Risk, and especially Cryptic Writings. Megadeth seems to have far surpassed Metallica in the creativity department after the '80s.

"Insomnia", "Crush 'Em", and "Breadline" are all really well-written and memorable songs -- though I'll admit, "I'll Be There" is a pretty nauseating power ballad.

Sadly, I still need to listen to Megadeth's first four albums. But I was quite impressed with their later stuff like Risk, and especially Cryptic Writings. Megadeth seems to have far surpassed Metallica in the creativity department after the '80s.

You haven't listened to thier GOOD realeases yet? What the fuck?

Dude, risk blows and so does cryptic writings, just listen to peace sells and Killing is my business, and you'll understand why we rip on them so bad.

You haven't listened to thier GOOD realeases yet? What the fuck?

Dude, risk blows and so does cryptic writings, just listen to peace sells and Killing is my business, and you'll understand why we rip on them so bad.

Right... so what makes Risk and Cryptic Writings so bad? Obviously they're not thrash metal, but I hope that's not your only criterion for determining a "good" Megadeth album. At the very least, I imagine that Risk and Cryptic are less formulaic than early Megadeth. Though feel free to argue otherwise.

Surely you've seen this:

6 and a half minutes of thrash metal brilliance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due is fucking amazing, absolutely killer in every way. Hangar 18 though has got to be the greatest Megadeth song, it embodies everything brilliant about Thrash.

As far as mid-later Megadeth I am with the majority of people in disliking it, especially Risk, Dave Mustaine himself absolutely hates Risk, it isn't metal at all and I have never actually met a fan of it until now.

Megadeth's last two albums have been great, I will give them that, but there discography is rightfully Rust In Peace, Countdown to Extinction and Peace Sells, they are Megadeth's Ride the Lightning to Justice.