WHATS EVERYONE'S FAVORITE BAND, LIVE?

sounds like fun. on another subject altogether watain play all their shows covered in cows blood the smell is almost unbearable !.
it's probably better to see them at the start of their tour than the end once that stuff goes stale its sickening

el barto said:
I DESPISE SLIPKNOT !.
Best live band i've ever seen would have to be kreator. behemoth and primordial are also excellent

That Slipknot live album sucks ass. It's the worst live album I've ever heard, I crushed it with a sledgehammer.:hotjump:

el barto said:
never seen gwar what are they like. Alot of stage props i'd imagine

I thought someone did say Gwar. My boyfriend goes to their shows just for the entertainment. I think most people do. I hear it's tons of fun.

Susperia said:
I thought someone did say Gwar. My boyfriend goes to their shows just for the entertainment. I think most people do. I hear it's tons of fun.

So is having sex with a fat person...:Spin:

BTW, I saw Slipknot with my wife (g/f at the time), and though I like a few songs off of each of their albums, I was thoroughly disappointed. Joey Jordisan's drum solo owned though. Much like Gwar, Slipknot is all theatrics and effects, with low musical quality.

The Greys said:
Not anymore for atleast awile. I've been to a lot of shows. Bands sound like shit. Punk,hardcore bands open the gigs way to much. I'm sick of the entire thing. The thing that sucks being a guitarist is eventually i'll be playing shows. Hopefully it's not for a long time if ever.

Regardless how professional bands are musically gear wise the sound gets fuct beyond belief. It's a shame. Maybe it's just the places I go for shows.

I'm sick of the bass guitar being so loud it drowns everything. It's amazing a bass guitar can drown out guitar being played through half or full stack.

If you play guitar and don't like the thought of playing live then you really have no business playing guitar.

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
If you play guitar and don't like the thought of playing live then you really have no business playing guitar.

you are stupid. i play mostly for enjoyment. playing guitar isnt totally about showing off. I just enjoy it.

Susperia said:
My boyfriend goes to their shows just for the entertainment. I think most people do. I hear it's tons of fun.
must be pretty crap that you cant go yourself are american shows really that rough? surely if you stayed away from the pit you'd come to no harm.
:confused:

Fear Factory-I've seen them 10 times and they have always been awesome. Great energy and great crowds.
Strapping Young Lad-Not only do they rule live, Devin's onstage antics are hysterical, and most people that watch them don't get it, which is even better.
Iron Maiden-Best band at Ozzfest 05. HANDS DOWN!

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:

Playing guitar for most people is personal satisfaction. I'm not one of those persons that bought a guitar when I was 11 because I was thinking about wanting to play live or making money. Most people do not.

I'm willing to play live in the future under good conditions. If you want to fuck my sound over,the bands sound you can expect me to not play. It's not important to me to have a bunch of smelly people all wearing the same clothing at a gig that smells like sweat to watch me.

I'm more interesting in writing,recording music to be able to view/witness what I have created. Maybe the clubs i've been exposed to have warped my mind. I prefere the way a studio recorded cd sounds than how a band sounds live.

There are people that are total opposite loving live music. I'm not one of them

Hm when I saw SlipKnoT like an opener for Metalica it was pretty good...I enjoyed them more than Metalica. I think live performance is their biggest plus, they´re energic as hell.

Susperia said:
I hear it's a lot of fun, but it sucks because he won't allow me to go to a lot of shows because the mosh pits are so bad I'd be killed.
sorry was reading from a few pages back