What's the best live set you've seen all year?

Volbeat at the Joint in Las Vegas. I would even go as far as saying one of the best bands I've ever seen live. They were fun, crushing and just damn enjoyable.

Eclipse at Melodic Rockfest 3. Their last album is a fave of mine, so seeing those guys was a big highlight for me.

With any luck I can add Firewind to the list after tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing them with Kelly on vox.

U.D.O.

Almost made me wish he'd reunite with Accept.

Nice to see Y&T mentioned even though it's just the Meniketti show now. Was lucky to see them in 1985 and the first four shows at the Fillmore in San Francisco. The last time they played all of Earthshaker but without Phil...

1. W.E.T. - Melodic Rock Fest 3
2. U.D.O. - Whiskey A-Go-Go - Hollywood
3. Eclipse - Melodic Rock Fest 3

Circus Maximus at ProgPower, with a CLOSE second to Shadow Gallery at ProgPower.

I feel blasphemous for even saying so, as long as I've waited to see SG, but CM this year just really blew me away. They were so on.

Circus Maximus at ProgPower, with a CLOSE second to Shadow Gallery at ProgPower.

I feel blasphemous for even saying so, as long as I've waited to see SG, but CM this year just really blew me away. They were so on.

I've seen Circus Maximus live three times and in my opinion, they're always on!

~Brian~

Raven was great at all the venues we played with them at, but I thing Springfield was the best. Ghost was a lot of fun at the 9:30 Club.