What's the best song from the FEAR OF THE DARK album ?

What's the best song from the FEAR OF THE DARK album ?

• Be Quick Or Be Dead

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • From Here To Eternity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Afraid To Shoot Strangers

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Fear Is The Key

• Childhoods End

• Wasting Love

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The Fugitive

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Chains Of Misery

• The Apparition

• Judas Be My Guide

• Weekend Warrior

• Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DREAMASTER

Iron In The Soul
Apr 1, 2002
PORTUGAL
www.metal-rules.com
B000063DIH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

It's time for another Ultimate Poll. Now we come to Bruce Dickinson last album with Maiden in the last century.
You have 15 days to decide your vote.

Your comments are welcome as usual

COMING SOON: the best song from A REAL LIVE ONE album poll.

The title track is just epic! If I had to pick a second, it would be "Judas Be My Guide".

For the longest time I disliked this album in general and never really listened to it. Then, a few years ago, i picked it up again. There's some kewl schtuff, the last Maiden record before they jumped into the Blaze Bayley abyss ("fallinnnnnnn doowwwnnnnn....")

Interesting that "Afraid to Shoot Strangers" is leading the vote (everything else has only one or zero votes so far but ATSS is up to two!). That was always my least favorite song of the album, and i'm curious to hear what makes the tune rock others' world? What am I missing?

Be Quick or Be Dead is an awesome song. I think it's one of Maidens best.

DREAM MASTER - Don't use that blue text, you can't read it without highlighting the text. ;)

Originally posted by bassbitch
The title track is just epic! If I had to pick a second, it would be "Judas Be My Guide".

For the longest time I disliked this album in general and never really listened to it. Then, a few years ago, i picked it up again. There's some kewl schtuff, the last Maiden record before they jumped into the Blaze Bayley abyss ("fallinnnnnnn doowwwnnnnn....")

Interesting that "Afraid to Shoot Strangers" is leading the vote (everything else has only one or zero votes so far but ATSS is up to two!). That was always my least favorite song of the album, and i'm curious to hear what makes the tune rock others' world? What am I missing?

It depends on when I listen to it what my favorite track is. But I like ATSS for several reasons. The first is I can resonate with the point of view around these young men (in some cases boys) going to war and having to shoot to kill people they don't even know and that if they met them under other circumstances they might be friends. And it's not a debate of the right or wrong of war as much as it is what goes through these men who are ordered by a third party to carry out the deed. And the the paradox of the other side probably having the same feelings. Oh... and I like the riffs too :)

I picked Afraid... Probably because I'm a veteran and I can relate to the tune.

I would like to know whose idea it was to put the power ballad Wasting Love on this album. Perhaps it's why Capitol dropped them? ;)

I'm going with Fear Of The Dark. Close behind that for me is Afraid To Shoot Strangers. ...and for Mel, the reason "I" like this (sound wise) is for the same reason I like Infinite Dreams. I also have always liked the beginning part of Fugitive. Love the bass in it. The rest of the song is just ok.

Note to others: This is the first album that Derik Riggs did not design for Iron Maiden. Notice how different it looks?

Fear of the Dark, followed by Be Quick or Be Dead.

I remember this album being fairly heavily hyped, so I had big expectations for this one, and I remember being pretty disappointed. Too bad the rest of the album can't match the intensity of the first and the last track.