What's the best song from the 7th Son Of A 7th Son album ?

What's the best song from the 7th Son Of A 7th Son album ?

• Moonchild

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Infinite Dreams

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Can I Play With Madness

• The Evil That Men Do

• Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • The Prophecy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Clairvoyant

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Only The Good Die Young

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Infinite Dreams. More of Harris' thoughts on dreaming, you can't beat it. Seventh Son is 2nd because of the crazy solos. Does anybody out there know the English Dogs, because that's what those solos remind of.

Originally posted by krustwell
hey NFF, i agree with you. Seventh Son was the last Maiden album that i even remotely liked until Brave New World. it's a long story, but when Adrian left and broke up the dream team that had been together since Piece of Mind, it pissed me off. then Bruce left...

anyway, that's all ancient history. i still consider Seventh Son to be "new" Maiden, though.

I feel the same way. I feel that Brave New World is the follow up to Seventh Son, although there were some good songs on Fear Of The Dark.

hehe, well, I think 7th Son is the weakest song on this CD, the end is good but the refrain sucks :puke:

I like Brave New World about the same as Seventh and Fear. To me, they just don't come close to what came before. I am very, very glad they all came together again for Brave, but I still found the overall product lacking. It both sounded more raw than some of the previous material and at the same time, more overproduced. Does anyone know what I'm saying?
Anyway, Maiden is the best all time and I'm glad there are tribute bands for them and I'd love to get a chance to one day see "The World's Only All-Female Iron Maiden Tribute Band"!!!!!

Originally posted by Mazinger
I feel the same way. I feel that Brave New World is the follow up to Seventh Son, although there were some good songs on Fear Of The Dark.

Nah, Brave new world is the follow up of Virtual XI, technically speaking, while NPFTD and FOTD are the follow up of killers. X Factor stand alone on it's own unique way. BNW have the same riff construction and repeating chorus /on the same note as the guitars\ that started on some songs from the X Factor, and degenerated on Angel and Gambler. It's not as bad on BNW, but most songs on Virtual are less repetitive. Guitar solos and production however, are unequaled on BNW and being Bruce's best Maiden performance since... hum... long ago. My humble opinion, you do what you want with it, but I love all 12 studios album almost equally feelingwise, so I try to judge them by technicality...
:headbang:

Originally posted by Soul of a new Machine
Nah, Brave new world is the follow up of Virtual XI, technically speaking, while NPFTD and FOTD are the follow up of killers
:headbang:

You're nuts :eek:
How can you say that! you can't compare NPFTD with Killers!
It's like comparing TNOTB with Somewhere in Time...
first class bullshit... unless you're pointing to another reason then musically/ techically as you say :confused:

Don't be angry man! That's the way I feel when I either listen to the records or play these songs on guitar.
Look at the length of the songs, and the fact that Bruce tries to sound harsh on No prayer and Fear... It reminds me of these album and Paul's work. Some songs are exception of course, I'm talking about a general tendencies here.
As for the later album, forget about the voice and count how many times you can hear Brave new world or Out of the silent planet. Nothing surprising in these song, except solos and guitar harmonies wich are amazing. Of course it is a follow-up to 7th son, but Virtual XI was a brige between these two albums that are separated by miles of experimentation that hardly follow a logic patern. Maybe I was misinterpreted at some place...
These are my personnal feelings and opinions, you can disagree and express your feelings, but saying this is first class bullshit is a personnal insult to me.