What's the best song from the SOMEWHERE IN TIME album ?

What's the best song from the SOMEWHERE IN TIME album?

• Caught Somewhere In Time

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Wasted Years

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sea Of Madness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heaven Can Wait

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Stranger In A Strange Land

• Deja-Vu

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Alexander, The Great

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DREAMASTER

Iron In The Soul
Apr 1, 2002
PORTUGAL
www.metal-rules.com
somewhere_in_time.jpg

Time for another Ultimate Poll. Its time for the first Maiden album with synths.
You have 15 days to decide your vote.

Your comments are welcome as usual.

COMING SOON: the best song from the Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son album poll.

Actually, the "synths" in this album are guitar synths, not actual keyboards. If anything, they're not really noticeable as opposed to the later albums where synths played a more prominent role.

I have to vote for Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner. It's my theme song. :saint:

I have recently re-discovered this disc when looking for something to run to...and, uh, because of the Lonliness song...you know. Anyway, very motivating. But I'm a geek too and love ancient history, and was sort of named after 'ol Al himself, so definately Alexander the Great.

See You Maidens up in the NW. Flyers are out, my Steve Harris P-bass is tuned up for Steph (I'd be honored), and the tank-top fits perfectly!
I'll be available for the 29th & 30th shows, but Stay Hungry (yes, my wild-ass Twisted Sister tribute) will be playing on Dec 7th. in Portland, and have to work the other days.
Sure would be awesome to open for ya ala Powerslave tour! ;)
Shutting up now!:worship:

It's a tie for me, all of them! (Once again.) Damn, their albums are just so awesome! I LIKE THEM ALL!!! So, because I feel like I've been here before, I went with Deja-Vu. ...and by the way, they played that during that tour, at least the one I saw. :)

I voted for Wasted Years but mmmeeee loves CAUGHT SOMEWHERE IN TIME and Stranger in a Strange Land... what is the intrigue w/ Alexander the Great??? I don't get it. We get more requests for that song...I always thought of it as "filler."

(Ducks as 4 people throw tomatoes).

Oh yeah...Sea of Madness is great too.

Loneliness for me, although, I think the whole album is great! It is at least their third best. Piece is #1! Then there could be a tie between Somwehere and The Number. I know some may ask, "What about PowerSlave, You Moron?" True, Power was awesome and comes in a tie with the first 2 (the non-Bruce).

I have to be honest, I never really cared for this album much. The best thing about it was the cover art, and how if you looked closely, there were references to all sorts of their old songs.

Picking a song? Probably Caught Somewhere in Time, maybe followed by Deja-Vu

Stranger In A Strange Land. Great story. Is it true this song was written about a story in National Geographic about a 100 year old man found frozen up in Canada somewhere?

Yeah, they found him up near the polar ice caps. His body was perfectly preserved.

And Stranger in a Strang land also had a very interesting chord progression as well as a very good vocal track. This is Maiden weriting and recording at their collective best. So this song got my vote, for this album.

This is a tough one since I dig this whole album. Adrian and Steve wrote some great stuff on this album.
Toss up between Wasted Years and Stranger in a Strange land. Wasted Years it is