What's the best song from the PIECE OF MIND album ?

What's the best song from the PIECE OF MIND album ?

• Where Eagles Dare

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Revelations

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Flight Of Icarus

• Die With Your Boots On

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • The Trooper

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Still Life

• Quest For Fire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun And Steel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To Tame A Land (aka Dune)

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by nafnikufesin
My wife is a English teacher, and I got her to play Flight of Icarus for her class during the mythology and fables sections. If I can help it, I'll make sure that kids today don't forget the roots of heavy metal :headbang:

A really big hail to you for spreading the word of good old Heavy Metal! :D

:headbang:

Originally posted by matcauthron
Yeah! You rule, Nafnikufesin! Flight of Icarus in a classroom... Now THAT's something I would have wanted to see! :headbang:

My English teacher actually showed the Live After Death video during class when we read Rime of the Ancient Mariner! hahahhah! She was this former fortune-teller turned teacher, and it was bizarre to think that she would even own an Iron Maiden video, nonetheless show it to a classroom full of football players and cheerleaders!

But there's sooooooo much one can learn from Iron Maiden lyrics! That's one of the neatest things about them. The song Alexander the Great was extremely helpful in history-related questions when I was studying ancient greek! hehheheheh

Originally posted by bassbitch
My English teacher actually showed the Live After Death video during class when we read Rime of the Ancient Mariner! hahahhah! She was this former fortune-teller turned teacher, and it was bizarre to think that she would even own an Iron Maiden video, nonetheless show it to a classroom full of football players and cheerleaders!
I had a grade 8 English teacher who played the studio version of Rime of the Ancient Mariner for us during our poetry section. Of course, this was back in '86, when you could say that you were into metal without getting a bunch of dirty looks from the rest of the world. But, still, he was a cool English teacher...we even saw him at an Alice Cooper concert once :lol:

You're right about being able to learn a lot from their songs. In University, I was taking an advanced English course, and the prof asked if anyone was familiar with Rime of the Ancient Mariner...I was the only one to raise a hand :lol:

Hi all !!!!
I think The Trooper is the best one in this album....yhe intro and the solo riff in this song do all bands to cover it....hhe....Iron Maiden is the best.......... i tried to play The Trooper but it wasnt easy......yeah......... ;) :) ;) :)