What's the best song from the NO PRAYER FOR THE DYING album ?

What's the best song from the NO PRAYER FOR THE DYING album ?

• Tailgunner

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Holy Smoke

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

• Public Enema Number One

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Fates Warning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Assassin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Run Silent Run Deep

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Hooks In You

• Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Mother Russia

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DREAMASTER

Iron In The Soul
Apr 1, 2002
PORTUGAL
www.metal-rules.com
no_prayer_for_the_dying_98.jpg

Time for another Ultimate Poll. This time is the first album featuring Janick Gers on the guitar.
You have 15 days to decide your vote.

Your comments are welcome as usual.

COMING SOON: the best song from the FEAR OF THE DARK album poll.

You could tell Adrian Smith was gone when this one came out. I'm sorry but I still just don't like Gers. Adrian is the perfect compliment to Dave Murray. I voted "Tailgunner" because it best represents Maiden during their best period, Piece of Mind and Powerslave. I also like "Run Silent, Run Deep" as my second choice.

For the same reasons as Jackel, I chose "Tailgunner" although I didn't dig this record much either. I still can't fully pinpoint why. I'll always love the creepy chill of that "Ahhahh Ahh Ahhahh" part in "Bring Your Daughter..." though.

Did anyone else notice the kinda rocker CACKLE Bruce started using in his voice during this era through "Fear of the Dark?" I was glad to see it disappear on the "Brave New World" disc.

Originally posted by Mr Toast
Mother Russia. I always dig this album out to hear this one song... after listening to the rest of it of course!

Funny, I too have dug this record out to hear this one song. For some strange reason, I too have always like this "out of the norm" song by maiden...apparently others do too. However, Mother Russia is not my number one pick, rather that would be number two. My number one pick had to go with Tailgunner. That song sounds and blends right in with the previous albums. I also noticed that the daughter/slaughter song is the most popular (at my entry time), but I've never liked that song. Many of the other songs have parts I think are great, but other parts in the same song are not too good. I think it's definitely an Adrian loss/Janick addition influence. Kinda analogous to Bruce/Blaze swapping. Even when Bruce sings songs that Blaze originated, Blazes version sucked, but Bruces version was great. One specifically to that is Clansman. I love the Bruce version of that.

Okay, here's the part where you all think I'm a complete weirdo -- I chose "Hooks in You" for that well hung feeling. It is such a goofy ass song, but it ALWAYS gets hopelessly stuck in my head. The album certainly wasn't their magnum opus, but there were some decent tunes, like "Mother Russia" and "Tailgunner"; nothing quite just stays right with me like "Hooks in You"... hehehhehehh....