What's the best thing you've ever done

It is fucked up to take advantage of people who are down on their luck/insane/addicted just because you saw it on bumfights.com. It's like telling a starving woman if she lets you put it in your pooper you'll give her a sandwich, and then doing it and videotaping it and laughing about it with your friends. There's nothing funny about it and you should probably never tell anyone about it IRL, as I would immediately think someone is a piece of shit if they told me something like that and I would most assuredly key their car or something.

But this is the Internet, so we'll just tell you we think it's fucked up!

:lol: What? That analogy of the starving woman is completely off base. A better comparison would be offering two people I know to fight for $20, or two strangers I meet on the street. It's no different. The only thing you people are getting hung up on is the fact that these people were homeless.

Truth be told, it wasn't even really a fight. They just kind of rolled around on the ground until they got tired and I said ok, here's your cash. My buddy I was with ended up giving the other guy $20 too. So in reality, two homeless guys got $20 for taking five minutes out of their busy day to goof off. What's the big fucking deal here?

When was the last time you did anything for some homeless people, let alone gave them $20? And considering we like to assume stuff around here, I'm going to take a gander and say never. So really, who's the bad guy now?

itt everyone turns on Richard big time.

:lol: I care.

I bought a Harmonica for a homeless dude once. He started talking to me while I was waiting outside a local instrument shop and showed me his dead harmonica and said he was saving for a new one. They weren't expensive so I got him one. Can't deprive a person music.

%7B31E2F487-FFD4-493F-99C6-E8005C6F6FE4%7D.jpg

:lol: What? That analogy of the starving woman is completely off base. A better comparison would be offering two people I know to fight for $20, or two strangers I meet on the street. It's no different. The only thing you people are getting hung up on is the fact that these people were homeless.

Truth be told, it wasn't even really a fight. They just kind of rolled around on the ground until they got tired and I said ok, here's your cash. My buddy I was with ended up giving the other guy $20 too. So in reality, two homeless guys got $20 for taking five minutes out of their busy day to goof off. What's the big fucking deal here?

When was the last time you did anything for some homeless people, let alone gave them $20? And considering we like to assume stuff around here, I'm going to take a gander and say never. So really, who's the bad guy now?

If them being homeless isn't a big deal why did you mention it in the first place?

Also, you didn't give them $20 out of the goodness of your heart. You wouldn't have given them money at all had they said no or told you to fuck off.

Please name other "altruistic" acts of kindness you have done for homeless people besides this one. I generally give a small amount of money to people who ask me for it or buy them a cup of coffee, so you assumed wrong King Female.

If them being homeless isn't a big deal why did you mention it in the first place?

Because someone else made a comment about this topic and I chimmed in.

My point still stands though. If I had said "someone" or "two people", none of you guys would have given two shits about my comment. But when you read "homeless" you flipped your lid and now all of the sudden I'm a horrible human being. Interesting.

Also, you didn't give them $20 out of the goodness of your heart. You wouldn't have given them money at all had they said no or told you to fuck off.

Maybe. But the fact remains, I gave a homeless guy $20.

Please name other "altruistic" acts of kindness you have done for homeless people besides this one. I generally give a small amount of money to people who ask me for it or buy them a cup of coffee, so you assumed wrong King Female.

Regarding the statement in bold: Thank you for proving my point.

As for my other good deeds, I've done plenty of charitable work. Primarily in dealing with people who are hopeful, not hopeless.

edit: Anyways, I don't want to turn this into a pissing contest. I don't think it was a big deal, or a deal at all, and you disagree. World keeps spinnin'. So don't key my car plz.

When I was in Singapore serving my National Service as a fire fighter I came to face to face with several real incidents to which I've saved lives. The following is one that I will remember for the rest of my life:

Got a call for an apartment unit fire on the 7th floor. Helped some of my colleagues set up the hose lines. Lift was one of those that stopped only on certain floors, this one stopped at the 5th. I ran up 2 floors to the fire and helped to hose the fire down and locate the origin of fire. Searched again for any casualties with my commander and I was the first one to spot a female in her late 30s. I was completely scared stiff as it was my first time seeing an unconcious body (looked pretty dead to me), my commander smacked me across the back of my helmet with a torch and yelled at me to bring her out. Turns out a whole family of 5 was lying there (which was a little bit suspicious). Mum and dad, twin 13 year olds and one 10 year old. I brought out the 10 year old kid, one of the twins, the mum and the dad.

Turns out they all were suffering smoke inhalation from a fire caused by candles being left on the bed. After a few days, we found out that everyone survived except for the dad who died of permanent brain damage due to smoke inhalation. After a few weeks of police investigation, it turned out that the relationship between the mum and dad was completely sour and that the father was the one who caused the fire and wanted to kill his family. So we were told.

I still remember every detail of that night, and I've never felt so accomplished in my life. There are other firefighting stories as well, but none as life impacting as that one.

Awesome !
But just curious, does it make you feel a bit boastful around your (non fire fighters) friend sometimes?

I always give money to homeless people and try to do as much good stuff as possible to my parents.. I can't think of any "special" deed right now lol

I bought a Harmonica for a homeless dude once. He started talking to me while I was waiting outside a local instrument shop and showed me his dead harmonica and said he was saving for a new one. They weren't expensive so I got him one. Can't deprive a person music.

I have a strong desire to high five you for this.

Looks like Dakryn has clinched second place after Episteme for good deed of the thread :lol:

I'm really distraught about this. I should have went to Vegas and got an azn hooker before getting married or something. Never had a hot black girl either.