What's the last CD you listened to?

warning gayest post ever made itt itp

b0002m5t7a01aa240sclzzzzzzz0mo.jpg

John Mclaughlin is the best guitar player in the world. As I said, Page should fucking worship this guy. He's been a very spiritual inspiration to me, as well...

Well he's well-known for his solo stuff, which I haven't really heard. I'm sure it's not better than the Orchestra, though. Just pure brilliance.

Then:
mclaughlin.jpg

Now:
19ec1231-cd4c-4dfd-b732-e5aa99d37602.jpg

Mclaughlin is pretty legendary in the Jazz-Rock Fusion world, some of his solo CD's are quite magnificent as well. I have his latest solo CD, "Thieves and Poets", much more Jazz oriented than previous works, but I like it.

Yeah I should pick some of that up. Have you guys heard "The Lost Trident Sessions"? It was a Mahavishnu Orchestra CD that was released in 2000 (or 2002). Basically the original lineup found these old recordings and said "Holy fuck we ruled" so they released them and remastered them. The production is CRISSPPPPP and the music rules, it's a lot more trippy and a bit more dissonant. "John's Song" is a fucking classic tune... how many people listened to this stuff when they were 12 years old? I sure did (and I can thank my awesome guitar teacher and a guy from my junior high that introduced me to the band for that).

Rotting Christ - Non Serviam
Necromantia - Scarlet Evil Witching Black
Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp
Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase

MFJ said:
John Mclaughlin is the best guitar player in the world.
I would like to see him up against Robert Fripp in a wankfest. Maybe it's already happened, I dunno. Not really familiar with much of McLaughlin's work. I have seen Fripp do some fucking inhuman shit at like 60 years old though, spellbinding.

401714.jpg

I forgot how great this album is.

534331.jpg

I never have and never will question this man's brilliance. I'll simply enjoy it.

NADatar said:
I would like to see him up against Robert Fripp in a wankfest. Maybe it's already happened, I dunno. Not really familiar with much of McLaughlin's work. I have seen Fripp do some fucking inhuman shit at like 60 years old though, spellbinding.

Its pretty funny to watch Mclaughlin play now, its like "Ohh shit look at Grandpa John tearing up the fret board!" But in all seriousness, hes one of the most mesmerizing guitar players I can think of. His playing style is so natural and relaxed, same with Al di Meola, so when he plays it just looks like first nature to him.

Negura Bunget - Maiestru Sftenic (spelling?)

Cold, REALLY low clouds, light rain, no wind, mist in the hills and trees... = kickass Negura Bunget weather... too bad I'm stuck here in the fucking city, i'd love to go for a daylong walk in the woods and rain. :(

Fucking cities.