What's the last CD you listened to?

snow2fall said:
Gonna see them tomorrow. I expect a lot. People have been wanking so much about their live performance, I'm curious.

It was really pretty amazing. They played mainly stuff out of the latest album - which is good but far from being my favourite - and it was like live performance >>>> album tracks, I mean there was some genuine transcendance at work here, starting from stoned Efrim as he starts barking "they put angels on the electric chair!" and carried on by the uplifting machinery of chords.

Also the songs are backed by much more dynamic rhythmic patterns --> headbanging ensues (picture "Take these Hands and Throw Them in the River" with a Swans-like hypnotic rock feel). These guys master the whole builds/climaxes theory off the book. Finally, they sure know how to offer a symbiotic picture of a live band. The parts where every member had his singing line did unleash the shivers, and I mean it in a total non-gay way. Finally, they played a new song ("Blind, Blind, Blind") which is totally gorgeous, even moreso because the power went out before the downhill ending and they finished it a capella.

To cut it short: the best concert of the "intimate" kind I've ever seen!

:worship:

SKD00007.jpg

Ellestin said:
It was really pretty amazing. They played mainly stuff out of the latest album - which is good but far from being my favourite - and it was like live performance >>>> album tracks, I mean there was some genuine transcendance at work here, starting from stoned Efrim as he starts barking "they put angels on the electric chair!" and carried on by the uplifting machinery of chords.

Also the songs are backed by much more dynamic rhythmic patterns --> headbanging ensues (picture "Take these Hands and Throw Them in the River" with a Swans-like hypnotic rock feel). These guys master the whole builds/climaxes theory off the book. Finally, they sure know how to offer a symbiotic picture of a live band. The parts where every member had his singing line did unleash the shivers, and I mean it in a total non-gay way. Finally, they played a new song ("Blind, Blind, Blind") which is totally gorgeous, even moreso because the power went out before the downhill ending and they finished it a capella.

To cut it short: the best concert of the "intimate" kind I've ever seen!

:worship:
Sounds fookin' killer. They'll be touring up and down the west coast when I plan on it this August, so I'll probably catch them in San Fran, Seattle, or Vancouver depending on the days. Really looking forward to it, that there group o' protesters is somethin' else I tell you whut. :)

NADatar said:
Sounds fookin' killer. They'll be touring up and down the west coast when I plan on it this August, so I'll probably catch them in San Fran, Seattle, or Vancouver depending on the days. Really looking forward to it, that there group o' protesters is somethin' else I tell you whut. :)

if they do vancouver, we should all go together!!!