What's the last CD you listened to?

Roger Waters - Ca Ira

my first ever serious attempt on listening to opera. roger is one of my big heroes but cant really say i like it as a whole - but in limited doses there are parts that are just outstanding. not very much like floyd though.

snow2fall said:
So what is it then?

I don't know. I sure as hell know it isn't doom. It's more gothic than anything. I'm not knocking the band either. I fucking LOVE Turn Loose The Swans.

People have a habit of lumping so many TOTALLY different types of bands into the Doom moniker. I guess it is due to a lack of better terms I suppose.

Edit: I used to do the same thing.

Doomcifer said:
If you say so. :tickled: MDB is not doom metal.
it's death-doom.

turn loose the swans is kinda borderline though because they went overboard with the clean vocaled gothic style shite. as i said before though, tell me the title track isnt doom. you cant because it is :?

everything MDB did until (and including) like gods of the sun is definately doom in its main essence. its never been 100% pure doom but its always been the main ingredient. even 34.788%, i regard it as their "into the pandemonium".

Erik said:
skepticism isnt TRUE DOOM btw it's just noise not even music

Are you calling me on? :tickled: Skepticism is un-fucking-ruly. Are they true doom? Fuck no. Are they music or ambient? Sometimes, one..sometimes, the other. Stormcrowfleet, however, owns all ye fucking souls.

soundgarden - superunknown
neurosis & jarboe
meshuggah - nothing
alice in chains - unplugged
type o negative - october rust
acid king - busse woods

that's what i listened today while driving in circles around california. god damn exhaust headache now. sucks.

and people think I'M being an annoying twat when i say burzum and immortal aren't black metal (which they aren't)

all i'm saying is, don't be iofthestorm. being all like "oh there is no such thing as doom-death or funeral doom, they are just noise and have NOTHING to do with doom metal" makes me fucking cringe because it is absolutely fucking dumb to the max. if you can't hear saint vitus and sabbath in skepticism or "as the flower withers" then i dunno what to tell you.

okay cool, i thought i was the only one who thought burzum wasn't black metal. hooray.

i've been listening to all my stoner type albums today: slo burn, orange goblin, slow horse, grand magus, acid bath