What's the last CD you listened to?

"Filosofem" fucking slays if you want my word. I'm appaled that most people who replied to my latest blindtest were unable to recognize the riff off "Jesus' Tod", and they're calling themselves black metal fans.

hey. are you going to post results? did i win? i fucking nailed half of them and i am curious as to what some of the other stuff was because it sounded intruiging!

and yeah filosofem is varg's second best album

pale.jpg

mantle.jpg

and just starting:
of.jpg

Something nice, soothing and relaxing :D

Conspicuously Absent said:

do you have the cd? i hear it's worth something, or something.

images2%5Cburningsaviours.jpg

This album is a LOT better than I gave it credit for at first... pretty derivative I guess, but it sounds fresh, passionate, well-performed, with some great doom-rock hooks and very well written songs.

I got mine at the big HMV in downtown Toronto of all places :loco: at the time i'd never heard the band before, but I knew The Mantle had just been released a little while ago and had been getting FUCKING SPECTACULAR reviews, so I went for it.

once I was NAD said:
B00001OH7Q.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

this album is so :kickass: .

computer nerd alert!: Bowie did the soundtrack (and worked on some design and puzzles) for the game Omikron: The Nomad Soul. His songs were very suitable, and added a lot of atmosphere to the game. Additionally, he plays a fictional character in the game, who fronts a rock band that the player character goes and sees a few times if he chooses to.

just finished:
Sol_Invictus-Devils_Steed.jpg

Is this guy's accent for real? I've never heard anyone sound so British in song.

Erik said:
the "death of the west" disc is KILLER, also "the blade". "death of the west" is unfortunately hopelessly OOP, though

cool. i have "The Blade" downloaded, i think i deleted Death of the West a while ago. but back then my only exposure to neo-folk or folk in general was Agalloch and :Of the Wand and the Moon:. not very representative. this year will see much purchasing of folky music from me.

Death of the West has "Kneel to the Cross" on it, yes?